Ash vs. Evil Dead

Amir

yeah, Army of Darkness was funny too, but it also had some cool horror moments and the makeup was awesome.

Loved the bad Ash vs. good Ash. I still crack up everytime I hear Ash tell bad Ash "Hey what's that on your face?" and then throws the dirt on his face. I find that so funny. And also when Ash is trying to say the 3 lines for the book. Just nuts!

That's why Evil Dead is without a doubt a trilogy. It is one large story told over the course of a few days in Ash's life. He and his friends show up at the cabin and unleash the evil, and it kills them all except Ash (Evil Dead 1). The next morning Ash thinks he has escaped, but the evil is not gone, it gets into Ash, but he fights it off. The people that own the cabin show up and help ash send the evil back in time (Evil Dead 2). Ash gets sucked back in time along with the evil and ends up in dark ages. A massive fight ensues deadites vs knights (army of darkness).

I believe though, that in the nerd fodder on the blu Ray they bring up that 1 & 2 actually have nothing to do with one another, other than 2 being a retelling. They make fun of the notion that Ash would be at this same Cabin again.

As I have said before Evil Dead 2 officially begins when it is daylight and Ash thinks the evil is gone, then the evil comes charging at him and makes him go flying and spinning through the woods.

Their always seems to be a lot of confusion concerning Evil Dead 1 and Evil Dead 2. No Ash didn't go back to the same cabin for Evil Dead 2, because it is the same trip, one trip not two. They didn't have the film rights to use any of the footage in Evil Dead 1, so they decided to just summarize. But (probably for time and budget) they only included Ash and his girlfriend, they left the others out of Evil Dead 2. It doesn't mean they weren't there, they just weren't important enough to retell what happened to them. Also the fact that Ash's girlfriend was wearing the same exact Michigan State sweatshirt, and he gives her the same necklace in both movies is a dead give away.

To and this confusion, Evil Dead 2 is a sequel to Evil Dead, not a remake. The events of both films are considered cannon. Evil Dead 2 just retells the events of Evil Dead 1, with a few minor differences. The exact moment when Evil Dead 1 ends, that is the moment (in Evil Dead 2) where the second story officially begins.

As I have said before Evil Dead 2 officially begins when it is daylight and Ash thinks the evil is gone, then the evil comes charging at him and makes him go flying and spinning through the woods.

Their always seems to be a lot of confusion concerning Evil Dead 1 and Evil Dead 2. No Ash didn't go back to the same cabin for Evil Dead 2, because it is the same trip, one trip not two. They didn't have the film rights to use any of the footage in Evil Dead 1, so they decided to just summarize. But (probably for time and budget) they only included Ash and his girlfriend, they left the others out of Evil Dead 2. It doesn't mean they weren't there, they just weren't important enough to retell what happened to them. Also the fact that Ash's girlfriend was wearing the same exact Michigan State sweatshirt, and he gives her the same necklace in both movies is a dead give away.

To and this confusion, Evil Dead 2 is a sequel to Evil Dead, not a remake. The events of both films are considered cannon. Evil Dead 2 just retells the events of Evil Dead 1, with a few minor differences. The exact moment when Evil Dead 1 ends, that is the moment (in Evil Dead 2) where the second story officially begins.

So that makes the first movie not canon anymore, considering that Ash went to the cabin just with her gf and not with his friends

Edited by Raykugen

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In honor of the new show, I finally decided to release my own little evil dead fan film. I made it 2 or 3 years ago (at the time I didn't expect any more adventures from ash). But due to computer issues, it has remained in the can this whole time. I figured now would be the best time to finally let it free.

I combined a few different video games to create one cohisive story, it's 3 parts total, this is only part one being released today. The crux of the story for this part is essentially Ash vs all the horror icons. Part 2 takes the story in a complete an unexpected direction (some place no evil dead would ever expect). Then finally in part 3 I tie up all the loose ends and bring it all together.

It's nothing super special or anything, just a fun little fan film, but if you have some free time, and like Evil Dead, give it a watch. Part 2 coming soon. Hope you enjoy.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Here is part 2 of my 3 part series. In this part, the story continues to involve characters from both Mortal Kombat and the DC Universe, as well as Ash Williams of course. While the story might seem a little confusing at this time, I promise part 3 brings it all together. I also promise that this series gets better as it goes along, part 1 is by far the weakest of the 3.

If you have a few free minutes give them a view, let me know what you think.