Met In Real Life

Słash

Just Powerage5. We've gone to a few shows together over the years. I think the first time we met up was at Van Halen in Buffalo in 2012. He's only a few hours away from me so we end up at a lot of the same shows. For that matter, I've met his mom too. They're both awesome.

I know I've got a few members on Facebook but beyond conversing I've never met anybody else. With the shows that P5 and Sabbath do I'm sure me and Sabbath will cross paths at some point (beyond me buying Blu-rays from him :lol:).

Just Powerage5. We've gone to a few shows together over the years. I think the first time we met up was at Van Halen in Buffalo in 2012. He's only a few hours away from me so we end up at a lot of the same shows. For that matter, I've met his mom too. They're both awesome.

I know I've got a few members on Facebook but beyond conversing I've never met anybody else. With the shows that P5 and Sabbath do I'm sure me and Sabbath will cross paths at some point (beyond me buying Blu-rays from him :lol:).

Wow, you really haven't met anyone else? Well at least you'll meet Zeppelin at the VH gig in London ;)

That is pretty cool Ron, thanks for posting some pics. btw do you live in Amsterdam?

Nah, about 2 hours from there. Which, in the Netherlands, means the other side of the country. But Pau was only stopping by for a day (she was on this organized trip through Europe) and that happened to be in Amsterdam. So I drove over. And Nat took a flight from Bratislava and stayed a few days extra.

Wow, you really haven't met anyone else? Well at least you'll meet Zeppelin at the VH gig in London ;)

This is true. But yeah, nobody else even though I've been around since 2004. Me and gunsguy seem to find out that we were both at shows after the fact and I know me and Zint have been at the same shows but never met up.

Zint is a tough guy to pin down - I didn't end up meeting him until the Stones show at the ACC in 2013. We didn't even plan that one - he just spotted me and knew it was me :lol: We'd been trying to meet up for years though, always coming close but things just never quite worked out. We figured out after the fact that we parked next to each other at the Iggy & The Stooges show during NXNE in 2010 and we still didn't manage to meet that day :lol:

I'd rather not, since I don't have permission from them. Some people don't want their pictures online. None of them post here anymore besides BS anyways.

You can post the ones with me if you want - I don't care. Just make sure to add a nice filter so I look good.

And remember to censor the genitals.

• 7 months later...

I  met a guy from heretodaygonetohell.com, and he is still a dear friend! We met prior to the Halifax 2006 concert. I had/have a VIP backstage pass, and an invite to the party at Mike Smith/"Bubbles" house, but I did not attend. I've heard lots of thing about Axl's presence. Second hand, of course. But yes, glad i did not go.

You know how sometimes its best to not met your idols? Ask baseball fans. It's a real thing. I feel meeting axl would be terrible. Don't ruin it for me, William.

I went to Ottawa 2010 and there was a mygnrforum get together, but it was a long way away, it was like -12 Celsius! , and i didn't feel like coordinating the effort to show up. No offense intended, but i'm Jackie Moon, i'm not spending a second more outdoors than i need to, in an effort to meet Montrealer, Guns Guy, or Axl himself. How about, come find me?  Honestly, the guns n roses / mygnrforum admin team should have OBVIOUSLY sent a limo for me. But they did not. So I did not appear. And that's cool. You don't want to seek me out, i'm cool with not appearing. It was a great concert, and I'm glad i was there.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Just 2 weeks ago I met up with Sekh-Met from Slovakia for the 7th time since first meeting up in 2008. Known her since 2005. She and two of her friends (who I've also met a few times before) stayed over at our house. As usual we had a great time. We went to see David Bowie Is, drank a lot of craft beers, went shopping for some vinyl and ate a lot. :) 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2016 at 6:27 PM, Jackie Moon said:

I  met a guy from heretodaygonetohell.com, and he is still a dear friend! We met prior to the Halifax 2006 concert. I had/have a VIP backstage pass, and an invite to the party at Mike Smith/"Bubbles" house, but I did not attend. I've heard lots of thing about Axl's presence. Second hand, of course. But yes, glad i did not go.

You know how sometimes its best to not met your idols? Ask baseball fans. It's a real thing. I feel meeting axl would be terrible. Don't ruin it for me, William.

I went to Ottawa 2010 and there was a mygnrforum get together, but it was a long way away, it was like -12 Celsius! , and i didn't feel like coordinating the effort to show up. No offense intended, but i'm Jackie Moon, i'm not spending a second more outdoors than i need to, in an effort to meet Montrealer, Guns Guy, or Axl himself. How about, come find me?  Honestly, the guns n roses / mygnrforum admin team should have OBVIOUSLY sent a limo for me. But they did not. So I did not appear. And that's cool. You don't want to seek me out, i'm cool with not appearing. It was a great concert, and I'm glad i was there.

You should have totally went to the party at Mike Smith's place and met Axl. Just saying.

• 1 month later...
On July 13, 2015 at 7:15 PM, Powerage5 said:

Took you long enough to figure that one out ;)

Let's see, I've met:

Black Sabbath

The Real McCoy

Gunsguy

Montrealer

Eric (lol)

GNRSkidRow1

Troccoli

Almost Famous

Amir

Sleeping Like An Angel

xGNRxSTARx

Dariablue

Downzy

RussTCB

ZosoRose

RickRoses

Axlrosefan4life

James Bond

Zint

Probably some others I've forgotten about too. Sorry if you're one of those people, nothing personal! :)

I think @Zeppelin is the only one I can add to this list since I posted it. I don't know, have I met anyone else? Can't keep track.

I wish I met @luiz when I was in Mexico last month. Hey @wasted, you game to meet up in China in a couple weeks?!? :awesomeface: