Things about the GNR story that still make no sense to you..

Like others have said: so many questions about his voice.

At the last show old GNR did, in Argentina, or wherever that was, we hear "Mickey" starting to come out. Did this have anything to do with the breakup, and what else happened in the next few years?

How hard has Axl tried to "fix" his voice. Does he care? Not care? Is it a big deal to him? Is he even really aware of how much it has changed? Is it permanently damaged? Is it possible to fix? Has he ever sought outside opinions about it? Vocal coaches? Doctors? That vocal coach guy that was mentioned in the Mitch Lafon interview of Doug Goldstein...how long was he around for? What did he try? How about TB and others in the inner circle? Or the band? What has their input been? Is it discussed? Never discussed?

Aside from the voice thing, I'm still mildly curious about the Sorelle Saidman book that got kiboshed.

It probably was because it had info about the death of Axl's bio-dad. It's understandable that he'd go to significant lengths to not let that info come out. I'm still curious though. It's hard not to be.

In what song does he sing with the clean high voice in Argentina 93?

In zero songs. Axl's voice in Argentina was flawless.

• Like 1

At the last show old GNR did, in Argentina, or wherever that was, we hear "Mickey" starting to come out. Did this have anything to do with the breakup, and what else happened in the next few years?

How hard has Axl tried to "fix" his voice. Does he care? Not care? Is it a big deal to him? Is he even really aware of how much it has changed? Is it permanently damaged? Is it possible to fix? Has he ever sought outside opinions about it? Vocal coaches? Doctors? That vocal coach guy that was mentioned in the Mitch Lafon interview of Doug Goldstein...how long was he around for? What did he try? How about TB and others in the inner circle? Or the band? What has their input been? Is it discussed? Never discussed?

Aside from the voice thing, I'm still mildly curious about the Sorelle Saidman book that got kiboshed.

It probably was because it had info about the death of Axl's bio-dad. It's understandable that he'd go to significant lengths to not let that info come out. I'm still curious though. It's hard not to be.

In zero songs. Axl's voice in Argentina was flawless.

Nightrain from that show had everything vocally.

To be honest, I don't even care that much about another tour.

The real diamond is new music/albums.

At this point, I'd be happy if Axl just retired the GnR name.

Then put out a new album every couple years, maybe play a few festivals and do some small club tours - just for fun and to make some money. I'd much rather see the Axl Rose Band at the Whiskey A Go-G0 than see GnR, with two new guitar players replacing DJ/BBF, playing to a half full arena somewhere in front of 5,000 people.

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't even care that much about another tour.

The real diamond is new music/albums.

At this point, I'd be happy if Axl just retired the GnR name.

Then put out a new album every couple years, maybe play a few festivals and do some small club tours - just for fun and to make some money. I'd much rather see the Axl Rose Band at the Whiskey A Go-G0 than see GnR, with two new guitar players replacing DJ/BBF, playing to a half full arena somewhere in front of 5,000 people.

I agree with everything you said here.

• Like 1

I don't remember. It was just a moment or two where, when I heard it, it was like "there's Mickey". I'd never heard it before in a 93 and prior show before.

Am I going to watch the entire 90 minute show to find a a few seconds of vocals (which are subjective) so I can win this little argument? No.

The whole "blackmailing Slash and Duff into signing over the name" story never made sense to me. Like Axl himself said, if they signed it under the conditions they claimed to, it would be under duress and wouldn't hold up in court. Plus, I would think that such a huge, multi-million dollar agreement would take a little more legal involvement than "here, sign this or I'm not going on stage".

Also interesting to me was in Duff's book, where he claimed someone gave him the papers and forced him to sign them, but didn't name the person. Knowing what I know about liable and how lawyers look over books to look for potential lawsuits, to me it's interesting that he didn't name a name here - because if he did, and it turns out he's not telling the truth, he could be legally liable.

Both Duff and Slash always seemed pretty vague about the details on what was a pretty huge happening like that.

Am I going to watch the entire 90 minute show to find a a few seconds of vocals (which are subjective) so I can win this little argument? No.

It isn't an argument. You stated something that isn't true. You will probably let this one slide because you were wrong. ;)

The whole "blackmailing Slash and Duff into signing over the name" story never made sense to me. Like Axl himself said, if they signed it under the conditions they claimed to, it would be under duress and wouldn't hold up in court. Plus, I would think that such a huge, multi-million dollar agreement would take a little more legal involvement than "here, sign this or I'm not going on stage".

Also interesting to me was in Duff's book, where he claimed someone gave him the papers and forced him to sign them, but didn't name the person. Knowing what I know about liable and how lawyers look over books to look for potential lawsuits, to me it's interesting that he didn't name a name here - because if he did, and it turns out he's not telling the truth, he could be legally liable.

Both Duff and Slash always seemed pretty vague about the details on what was a pretty huge happening like that.

But you assume that Slash and Duff are sue happy like Axl.

What would they accomplish by suing Axl? All they lost was their ownership in the name GnR. They still get their rights and royalties from the music and merch they created while in GnR.

And why would they want to sue Axl? They quit GnR and were moving into new bands. They were tired of Axl's BS and dictatorship. Adler seems like the only one who would care to still be legally part of GnR. (Back when all this was happening).

If they sued and won - what would the outcome be? Axl would just refuse to perform with them. And slash and duff would retire the name themselves.

Suing Axl would have made no sense for Duff and Slash. I respect the two more for not suing.

If they sued and won - what would the outcome be? Axl would just refuse to perform with them. And slash and duff would retire the name themselves.

We'll never know, but it's naive to be sure they would have retired the name. There are many cases bands continued without key band members and kept the name. It really depends on the band.

Edited by Rovim

Why do we continue to come here on a daily basis for a band that hasn't been relevant in 20 years?

It's a sickness. I don't know what to do. It's not just Guns. I must confess I listen to other irrelevant bands and discuss them as well. Bands that are irrelevant for decades. What a waste of time.

It's actually unbelievable. GN'R has no regular part in my life, I never listen to the albums anymore, the band hasn't been active in a year, but yet here I am.

Proving the existence of God might be easier than explaining this phenomenon.

I'm in an identical position. I goof off in work to write on here every day.

Why?

Fuck knows.

It's actually unbelievable. GN'R has no regular part in my life, I never listen to the albums anymore, the band hasn't been active in a year, but yet here I am.

The only way I can explain it myself is it is like car crash television. There is a lot of (unintentional) humour in watching this band mess up. I say every year, 'how lower can this band sink', and they always succeed somehow? Schadenfreude perhaps? Yes, probably, but it is a human trait. A bit like how people read Hello magazine and watch vacuous celebs implode.

H.O.P.E.

We'll never know, but it's naive to be sure they would have retired the name. There are many cases bands continued without key band members and kept the name. It really depends on the band.

Axl prevented other band members overruling him in using the GNR name, but he didn't sound like he was sure it was worth the hassles. There's a bigger story about the downfall of the music industry that ties into this. It'll make a hell of a book or documentary if the full story is ever told.