What if Guns stayed together and tried doing Chinese? (2000/1/2)

This is a question that i sometimes make to myself. Imagine GNR stayed together and we got an album by 1995/6.

By 2000/1/2, do you think that Guns (Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy) should have tried doing an industrial album, Chinese like?

I mean, i like Chinese even on its final form. Just imagine having the original lineup, that means better lyrics, Axl not being allowed to destroy the album by tinkering it, better vocals because Axl has people pushing them to not be a lazy fuck, etc.

I think that original Guns could do a nice industrial record. Without Axl's magic hand, i could even dig some Pitman's touches (not a lot though).

Izzy helping with the lyrics could end up in a less dramatic record (i think Chinese is just too sad). And of course the Axl-Slash chemistry that i dont even have to mention.

So, guys, i would love to hear your opinion regarding this :P

Edited by GNRfanMILO

I think if they had stayed together anything they came out with would have sounded amazing. Axls voice wouldn't have suffered as much from all the down-time during the early 2000's, although he sounds good on ChiDem.

Then Chinese Democracy wouldn't be Chinese Democracy. It would have been different music, and probably had a different name. Not sure how we can discuss this.

I would have loved to hear Axl on Back and Forth Again, and Slash on This I Love (with Axl writing good lyrics instead of the terribly awful ones he did).

Then Chinese Democracy wouldn't be Chinese Democracy. It would have been different music, and probably a different name. Not sure how we can discuss this.

I would have loved to hear Axl on Back and Forth Again, and Slash on This I Love (with Axl writing good lyrics instead of the terribly awful ones he did).

Im trying to imagine a record that would fit the 2000 industry. I mean Chinese doesnt count because it was released in 2008.

What im trying to discuss is that if the original lineup could have created a nice industrial rock album that would have fit well in those years.

Honestly cd isn't even industrial. It's industrial influenced but isn't very much there. It's more hard rock than anything. With that being said, the music would be different as someone else said. Slash doesn't write riffs in that style (maybe riad, but everything else is out of his territory). Izzy doesn't even play heavy songs any more. Even on afd slash played it heavier while izzy played it more rock n roll. Duff seems like he would've been for it (judging by loaded). As for the vox, his melodies far outweigh how his voice sounds. Hell on that if the world/slither remix some guy did, none complained in the comments about his clean voice on the chorus or the raspiness of the verses. They all said he sounded great. The melody is what matters in gnr songs.

I can't believe we talk about GNR having an industrial album. :facepalm:

Nothing wrong with Industrial Rock if it's done right (ie: NIN)

Can you name another?

That's not really my point, though. I love hip-hop. I don't want to hear a GNR hip-hop album. You know what I mean? Axl is what he is. He's good at what he's good at. In fact, he's fucking brilliant at what he's good at. For some reason he can't accept that he's not more.

I can't believe we talk about GNR having an industrial album. :facepalm:

Nothing wrong with Industrial Rock if it's done right (ie: NIN)

Can you name another?

That's not really my point, though. I love hip-hop. I don't want to hear a GNR hip-hop album.

I do, i think it'd be hilairious :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

Axl and his supporters do not seem to realise that Axl's best contribution to recorded music consisted of a collaborative rock n' roll album recorded as a five piece in thirty days. All of the endless changes in genre, delays, tinkering, money, extra musicians, producers and added pomposity has not resulted in anything remotely good as Appetite for Destruction. Still, if he wanted to imitate Elton John and Trent Reznor it was his prerogative. Does not mean anyone will listen.

• Like 2

Ramnstein, Manson, kmfdm, Combichrist, Celldweller are all great. Not a big fan of Ministry and Skinny Puppy.

Also, Oh my God is the best song Axl did after GnR. He was really surrounded by the right people at the time. I could see them touring with NIN or Tool and actually following a more artistic and aggressive direction. Too bad Axl prefers to sing about Stephanie and rhyme why with I.