Would you get excited if Duff and Izzy returned splitting lead and rythem guitar?

On one hand its much more profitable for it to be the classic 5. But Adler is a mess.

Also Axl may want to remain in control, so as unfair and immoral as that may be, having the 3 desserters join up as part of new Guns seems more realistic. Easier too. We just want to play for the fans type thing. Sign on get paid to tour.

Not the romantic happy ending we as purists hoped for. But this is Axl, ugly is the new staying in.

So people, come together, we all know that music is music. We want to get wasted and have a good time. Im seeing double. No thats Fortus. Izzy is the other guy near the drum riser.

Adler would be fine if he didn't do press and had a "life therapist" and minders with him...considering Axl needs his mummy with him I don't see how one guy is worse than the other.

His drumming isn't the issue, more his addiction and mouth.

Again, one is as bad as the other.

Adler would be fine if he didn't do press and had a "life therapist" and minders with him...considering Axl needs his mummy with him I don't see how one guy is worse than the other.

His drumming isn't the issue, more his addiction and mouth.

Again, one is as bad as the other.

Im not saying its fair but if Adler says anything about Axl being late or goes on a bender with hookers, Axl is going to quit the tour and our reunion is going to tits up.

Pychologically theres a band that has run pretty smoothly even with Axl being late. Use that framework and just phase the real guys in slowly. Dont make any sudden movements. Keep the working infrastructure. Wobbly keyboards are familiar. Ronnie Wood settles the nerves. Dizzy is like a comfortable arm chair.

It would be one of the best things to happen to GNR having Axl, Duff and Izzy play together now. I think they would probably write some amazing songs too.

I can't see why Axl doesn't see this unless Duff and Izzy don't want to do it.

It's true you can't turn back time, but I think reuniting now would be something new and exciting for all GNR fans.

• Like 1

Would you get excited if Duff returned as lead guitar and Izzy as rhythm guitar, vice versa or switching off?

Granted neither is Slash, but with Duff and Izzy back in the song writing mix, would you get excited? Or would you not care because it wasn't Slash and they are "just Rhythm guitarists"?

Personally, I would be stoked if this happened. I'd reserve judgment on how it would sound until I actually heard it.

Only if they got rid of that goofy looking/sounding singer and brought back Axl too...

I saw a couple Bucket mentions in this thread, that is less likely than Duff or Izzy joining, isn't it?

I think on songwriting alone, the thought of Duff and Izzy coming back is exciting, as far as not being able to hold it down at lead, I'm wondering how that would work out with Axl kind of wanting what he wants, I wonder if Izzy or Duff might be more willing to play something a certain way on demand because they know they are not true leads.

I'm talking about how Slash hated SCOM's riff, but Axl insisted on it, and the many stories about Estranged and November rain about Axl asking Slash to do parts over...and over... and over....

The second question would be do they have the talent to pull it off? Probably not, but would it be worse than some early Ashba performances?