2-4 Months, What's the News?

What's the news?  

295 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But it could have developed beyond that. Like they had those 12 songs from the 2006 26 songs but Fortus has been working on others from the pool and those have added on to the intial second part. Maybe like UYI I with some old songs but also new ones.

I have a track listing though.

Stay of Execution

1. The General

2. Goin' Down

3. Soul Monster

4. Berlin

5. Quick Song

6. Thyme

7. Atlas Shrugged

8. Oh My God

9. Silkworms

10. Seven

11. Zodiac

12. Ides of March

Maybe some replaced with newer songs.

Cool list, I'll add Jackie Chan, replace Going Down with Down By The Ocean, and add a couple of Fortus tunes.

Oh My God doesn't need to take space on CD ll, it can just be on the remix album with This I love love rasp.

Edited by Rovim

But it could have developed beyond that. Like they had those 12 songs from the 2006 26 songs but Fortus has been working on others from the pool and those have added on to the intial second part. Maybe like UYI I with some old songs but also new ones.

I have a track listing though.

Stay of Execution

1. The General

2. Goin' Down

3. Soul Monster

4. Berlin

5. Quick Song

6. Thyme

7. Atlas Shrugged

8. Oh My God

9. Silkworms

10. Seven

11. Zodiac

12. Ides of March

Maybe some replaced with newer songs.

Cool list, I'll add Jackie Chan and replace Going Down with Down By The Ocean, and add a couple of Fortus tunes.

Oh My God doesn't need to take space on CD ll, it can just be on the remix album with This I love love rasp.

I thought Jackie Chan was The General?

Down by the Ocean definitely. Not Box by Izzy?

Fortus Slash origin riff song. Possibly.

I'd replace OMG with DBTO if it's real.

I'm pretty sure Jackie Chan is not The General.

Down By The Ocean was never released. It is not Box by Izzy.

Would love to hear the Slash origin riff thing, but I suspect Fortus probably recorded more material, totally original, and I can imagine it will fit really well.

Down By The Ocean is real if you choose to believe Axl, and also Izzy confirmed he gave the song to Axl after he asked him for it.

Edited by Rovim

I'm reconnecting with rumored songs and titles, i feel like some might actually exist.

The General is the heaviest song with high screaming vocals?

So Jackie Chan sounds like good opener. Nightrain meets Chi dem.

Would love to hear the Slash origin riff thing, but I suspect Fortus probably recorded more material, totally original, and I can imagine it will fit really well.

Down By The Ocean is real if you choose to believe Axl, and also Izzy confirmed he gave the song to Axl after he asked him for it.

So I think the UYI type situation is possible with Fortus sprinkling some more rock n roll tracks amongst the mythical GNR tracks like The General and Atlas Shrugged.

Maybe Axl songs stay the same but new guns provide more firepower?

So I think the UYI type situation is possible with Fortus sprinkling some more rock n roll tracks amongst the mythical GNR tracks like The General and Atlas Shrugged.

Maybe Axl songs stay the same but new guns provide more firepower?

You people are insane. You are discussing a tracklisting not known a great many of these song titles exist now let alone ever having heard any of the songs in question!

Meh, they're having fun. What's the harm?

yeah, I used to wonder how The General, Atlas all would sound like. Then CD got released and there were like no epics, but a bunch of songs without structure and generic silly rockers. If The General sounds anything like Scraped or IRS, I will laugh so hard. Those songs will never see the light of day as its clear Axl has given up on music.

I consider TWAT, and less so Prostitute, fairly epic in nature.

I don't know, if it were rawer and Axl sang it in a meaner way then maybe... Those "LONG TIME" low voice fills he added to the final mix are hilarious IMO, Axl clearly showing how he can't stop adding stuff to his songs. He makes it very hard to take his songs seriously.

Prostitute has some beautiful orchestral moments but again, Axl's voice is so weak it takes all the 'epicness' off of the song.

I consider Estranged, NR and Coma epics not because they are long or with tempo and melodic changes, I consider them epics because Axl sings them with passion, the guitars sound raw, heavy, emotional. The main instruments are so perfect that the little details are just, well, little details.

On CD, Axl's voice sounds weak, the guitars are all overprocessed and the lyrics are mostly stupid. Buckethead and Robin do have some good moments but the songs are not on pair with real Guns, which is basically an obvious statement.

You people are insane. You are discussing a tracklisting not known a great many of these song titles exist now let alone ever having heard any of the songs in question!

Meh, they're having fun. What's the harm?

I suppose I would have just amount of fun discussing Schubert's 10th; although, there are actually some fragments of a 10th so revise that to a 11th.

Guns N Roses - The Devil

You were The Devil

You broke my heart

You took all the things from the start

I won the War

Against You

You had no balls

to begin with

You took all the things I had

You kicked me in the balls

and it hurt so bad

I know I still love you

But I know that I do hate you

The Nanny is my mother

I don't need another accuser

Edited by Slash787

Straight outta mygnr crazzeee mothertrucker called Wasted from gang called honky fly white boyz on acid. Might leave in a bodybag but never in cuffs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it unknown at the time whether Robin was in the band when Chinese Democracy was released? Axl even said in the QA session he did that people should be more concerned about who is on the album than who is on the band.

Highly likely a similar situation will play out with the next album.

Actually Robin issued a press release along with Reznor saying he was going back to NIN only a few months prior CD's release, which seemed pretty odd at the time. A few days later the band issued a statement on the official site saying they didnt know what was going on with Robin. And 6 months later CD was released.

Maybe in early 2008, Robin was aware the actual CD tour wouldnt start before late 2009 and just decided to leave because he was getting bored or something?

There's just no reason at all to believe anything is going to happen. If we're promised news, new songs or anything else it is always in some vague timeframe that's just far enough away that they can hope we've all forgotten when it rolls around. There is no way on earth that the label will let Axl release another album without proper promotion, and Axl doesn't even have a band anymore to do promo with! Save your hopes for next time TB cry wolf.