Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

Not sold yet on whether this is not a huge hoax. For arguments sake If they entered negotiations for a reunion tour & possible new music, where in the blue hell would that leave CD:2 & the follow up albums? If the negotiation's fall through GNR could be in limbo for the next few years & beyond.

So you mean if the reunion doesn't happen, nothing will change?

I'm thinking of what we currently know on the current status of GnR, I still think the next album and its follow up will be released before any reunion takes place and that could take us into the next decade. But let's remember a conversation doesn't equal into a reunion tour, i.e mash potatoes don't mean gravy.

Not sold yet on whether this is not a huge hoax. For arguments sake If they entered negotiations for a reunion tour & possible new music, where in the blue hell would that leave CD:2 & the follow up albums? If the negotiation's fall through GNR could be in limbo for the next few years & beyond.

I'm thinking of what we currently know on the current status of GnR, I still think the next album and its follow up will be released before any reunion takes place and that could take us into the next decade. But let's remember a conversation doesn't equal into a reunion tour, i.e mash potatoes don't mean gravy.

I put it to you that Nu GNR hasn't existed since the last Vegas show, and that it ceased to be an actual, creative band that wrote and performed original music about 12 years ago.

There is no glorious destiny for Nu GNR dude.

I put it to you that Nu GNR hasn't existed since the last Vegas show, and that it ceased to be an actual, creative band that wrote and performed original music about 12 years ago.

The tracks that remain could be the bands best work in nearly 25 years, it could be worth waiting.

No one outside of a few diehards and Brazilians want the new album. No one cares to release it, either.

A reconciliation will eventually lead to a reunion. The feud was the only obstacle and when it is gone, there is no way they will turn down the stacks of money that will be thrown in their face. The rock world is dying for a strong rock act to take over the market. There's a huge void.

The tracks that remain could be the bands best work in nearly 25 years, it could be worth waiting.

LOL You could also find a stash of cash buried in your yard but don't count on it.

I checked out Slash on youtube. I don't think he is a right fit for Axl's band. He looks like a Dj clone and seems to have done his best works back in the 80s. Or maybe Axl would like him up front doing blusey solos and posing, and have a more technical guitarist in the background. But still, I think Axl learnt his lesson with Dj and will look for something else this time.

A reconciliation will eventually lead to a reunion. The feud was the only obstacle

Uhm...that and Axl's erratic behavior maybe ?

...and the fact that Axl doesn't seem to do things for money, that he seems very stubborn about progressing the sound of GN'R, that it would mean going back on his words, that he is still a huge pain in the ass to work with, that all the other guys got other things going on (except Steven).

I have a harder time finding any good reasons why they should reunite, than finding reasons why they shouldn't :shrugs:

A reconciliation will eventually lead to a reunion. The feud was the only obstacle

Which was the reason for the feud. Le Duh

Oh so you think that because they talked and are friendly again Axl also has changed his ways ? Maybe Steven isn't an addict anymore because of that conversation too ? :lol:

Which was the reason for the feud. Le Duh

Oh so you think that because they talked and are friendly again Axl also has changed his ways ? Maybe Steven isn't an addict anymore because of that conversation too ? :lol:

Axl compared to the prime years? Not even close to the same behavior. No riots. No consistent 3 hour late starts. Not jumping into the crowd over a camera. Yeah, I'd say that concern can be lifted considerably.

Dude is still regularly late, doesn't rehearse, doesn't release anything, blames all the problems on everybody else, is still a control freak when it comes to information...and let's not talk about the performances.

Did we all miss an episode or did that change too ?

Dude is still regularly late, doesn't rehearse, doesn't release anything, blames all the problems on everybody else, is still a control freak when it comes to information...and let's not talk about the performances.

He has been on time the last 2 years. I can't argue the rest, but I think Slash and Duff will look past the rest of he shows up on time.

After sobering up I considered that Slash is refering to them both signing off on each others projects, not really had a conversation. The source is shady, its in some weird viking language and probably. Out of context again. And suddenly Axl is great again?

I think they should do it even if they hate each other. Think of the money!

The Swedish part just makes it all seem more legit to my fevered mind. They're trying to trickle out this idea that fences have been mended. Where better to do that than in fucking northern Sweden in the dead of night? Who the hell would pick up on that? It's like something a Bond villain would come up with. Or Axl, who pretty much is one these days.

What they didn't count on was the rabid fanbase guns still has. There's no whispering news like this. And those are the same rabid fans that'll fill stadiums all over the world if they follow through.

I disagree. And thats mainly cause I think Slash is very careful with what he says about Guns. I don't think the location of the interview had anything to do with it. Its the internet, where essentially everything gets picked up. I don't think, if this is real, that Slash was like "oh, I could say it here cause no one's ever gonna read this." No, he's smarter than that. He knows him saying something along these lines will get picked up instantly, if not for any reason other than its how the article would promote the interview. If you don't think thats gonna be the headline you're crazy, no matter who the publication is, and he knows very well that'll get picked up. So either there's been a miscommunication, or this is a legitimate first step at least to friendship. I won't even say reunion. But Slash knows what he says and this has made the rounds today. I would hope if its not true it would have been clarified by Slash or his management or something at this point, which it hasn't so I'm still praying its true.

A few other lingering things I've seen: while I get some of you are interested in the unreleased Chinese material (certainly if its there I'd want to give it a listen), it 100% absolutely goes on the backburner for a Guns reunion. Thats not even a question. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it ever gets released at that point, as essentially right now there's no proof it ever will. But Guns reunion trumps everything Axl's been working on and we wouldn't see it for years. Again, if there's even a market for it which I get there is for us but literally almost no one else. As for touring with a reunion, I don't think Slash gets on unless its a full reunion. You can kiss everyone in NuGuns goodbye, which is unfortunate cause I love Richard. But come on, let's not kid ourselves here. Slash isn't touring with people from that new band. A drummer? Thats either Steven, but at worst its Sorum and I don't even think thats a question. Slash is very close with him and there's no way he rejoins and Sorum somehow gets passed over. As for an Izzy replacement if he wouldn't do it? I'd be shocked if it didn't go to Gilby. Maybe in a dream it would be Richard, but I think you get Slash on board and he and Duff and even probably Axl would know it'll go back to being the older guys. I think thats a no brainer but maybe I'm way off.

I dont get this Izzy might not do it... Duff said he has been writing since his last release in 2010.... I bet there is so much material to choose from. Now, I could see more than the 2 guitarist this go round Slash, Izzy and Fortus...

I'm afraid you missed the entire GNR series if you think Axl today is anything like the Axl of the 90's. Is he still an asshole? Yeah. Slash dealt with the lesser asshole for years in GNR and took off when he really went off of the deep end. They could only take so much. Slash has said he would only return if there was an understanding. The Axl of today is certainly a better prospect for the understanding than the Axl of the 90's. Axl is Axl. No one has said they expect Axl to be a choir boy. Especially not Slash.

You act like Slash hasn't shown eagerness to return before.

He has been on time the last 2 years. I can't argue the rest, but I think Slash and Duff will look past the rest of he shows up on time.

Agreed. They've always said that Axl's lateness was the biggest gripe. It not only caused people to get hurt, it cost the band a shit ton of money. It also helped bring on some of the drug coping. I'm not an Axl defender at all but I admit that he is nothing compared to the old Axl when it comes to the performances. For better and worse.