Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

After sobering up I considered that Slash is refering to them both signing off on each others projects, not really had a conversation. The source is shady, its in some weird viking language and probably. Out of context again. And suddenly Axl is great again?

I think they should do it even if they hate each other. Think of the money!

The Swedish part just makes it all seem more legit to my fevered mind. They're trying to trickle out this idea that fences have been mended. Where better to do that than in fucking northern Sweden in the dead of night? Who the hell would pick up on that? It's like something a Bond villain would come up with. Or Axl, who pretty much is one these days.

What they didn't count on was the rabid fanbase guns still has. There's no whispering news like this. And those are the same rabid fans that'll fill stadiums all over the world if they follow through.

I disagree. And thats mainly cause I think Slash is very careful with what he says about Guns. I don't think the location of the interview had anything to do with it. Its the internet, where essentially everything gets picked up. I don't think, if this is real, that Slash was like "oh, I could say it here cause no one's ever gonna read this." No, he's smarter than that. He knows him saying something along these lines will get picked up instantly, if not for any reason other than its how the article would promote the interview. If you don't think thats gonna be the headline you're crazy, no matter who the publication is, and he knows very well that'll get picked up. So either there's been a miscommunication, or this is a legitimate first step at least to friendship. I won't even say reunion. But Slash knows what he says and this has made the rounds today. I would hope if its not true it would have been clarified by Slash or his management or something at this point, which it hasn't so I'm still praying its true.

A few other lingering things I've seen: while I get some of you are interested in the unreleased Chinese material (certainly if its there I'd want to give it a listen), it 100% absolutely goes on the backburner for a Guns reunion. Thats not even a question. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it ever gets released at that point, as essentially right now there's no proof it ever will. But Guns reunion trumps everything Axl's been working on and we wouldn't see it for years. Again, if there's even a market for it which I get there is for us but literally almost no one else. As for touring with a reunion, I don't think Slash gets on unless its a full reunion. You can kiss everyone in NuGuns goodbye, which is unfortunate cause I love Richard. But come on, let's not kid ourselves here. Slash isn't touring with people from that new band. A drummer? Thats either Steven, but at worst its Sorum and I don't even think thats a question. Slash is very close with him and there's no way he rejoins and Sorum somehow gets passed over. As for an Izzy replacement if he wouldn't do it? I'd be shocked if it didn't go to Gilby. Maybe in a dream it would be Richard, but I think you get Slash on board and he and Duff and even probably Axl would know it'll go back to being the older guys. I think thats a no brainer but maybe I'm way off.

IF!!!!!!!! Anything ever comes from this, I don't think Axl is just going to kick Richard Fortus to the side. Axl is a pretty loyal dude, and Fortus has, to my knowledge, never said one negative thing towards Rose... ever.

I would like to Fortus and Slash jam together

Fortus is perfect for the job, as he's obviously proved over the past 15 years.

Richard is my favorite person in New Guns. I just don't see where he'd fit in a reunion. He has things going on and I just don't see him staying when you could very easily get Gilby if not Izzy, since Gilby is on fine terms with everyone. Gilby, Duff, Slash and Sorum just play together too much for me to see any agreeing to a reunion without the other, in Izzy and Adler's absence.

I don't see Fortus being kicked out. I see everyone in New Guns obviously understanding what the case would be.

Unless for some reason Axl desperately wants him there to show not everyone from his new lineup left and he at least found a great guy in Richard.

Richard is my favorite person in New Guns. I just don't see where he'd fit in a reunion. He has things going on and I just don't see him staying when you could very easily get Gilby if not Izzy, since Gilby is on fine terms with everyone. Gilby, Duff, Slash and Sorum just play together too much for me to see any agreeing to a reunion without the other, in Izzy and Adler's absence.

I don't see Fortus being kicked out. I see everyone in New Guns obviously understanding what the case would be.

Unless for some reason Axl desperately wants him there to show not everyone from his new lineup left and he at least found a great guy in Richard.

I really wouldn't look at it like a reunion... just a continuation of what Axl has always done

Things are in motion, although i still don't get my hopes up for a reunion

If Axl can't get into shape, it's worthless now....

On the other side: after 19-20 years they are finally on talking terms and that's good enough for them

I agree 100%. Axl has to get into shape. I

• Like 3

I really wouldn't look at it like a reunion... just a continuation of what Axl has always done

Totally disagree and I think thats where Slash's presence makes a huge factor. Him being involved means Axl isn't the one calling every shot anymore. So no, I don't think bringing Slash on is a continuation of what Axl has been doing. Its a new start and its going back to what the band is. I get how Axl fans might want to see it a different way, but that kind of is the open and shut case about it. Hence why I think if you get Slash on board, you're getting a full Appetite or Illusion reunion.

Izzy is gonna do it. He's up for the reunion, he said it several times.

It'll be Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Dizzy and a drummer (maybe two, Steven and Matt).

Totally agree. While I get nervous about Izzy's flakiness, I think he outright said if everyone came to the Hall Of Fame he obviously would, and I do think if you get Axl, Slash and Duff on board, Izzy would gladly take part, or at least give a blessing. But I think he has said he sees no reason not to revisit it under the right circumstances.

Totally disagree and I think thats where Slash's presence makes a huge factor. Him being involved means Axl isn't the one calling every shot anymore. So no, I don't think bringing Slash on is a continuation of what Axl has been doing. Its a new start and its going back to what the band is. I get how Axl fans might want to see it a different way, but that kind of is the open and shut case about it. Hence why I think if you get Slash on board, you're getting a full Appetite or Illusion reunion.

It'll be Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Dizzy and a drummer (maybe two, Steven and Matt).

Totally agree. While I get nervous about Izzy's flakiness, I think he outright said if everyone came to the Hall Of Fame he obviously would, and I do think if you get Axl, Slash and Duff on board, Izzy would gladly take part, or at least give a blessing. But I think he has said he sees no reason not to revisit it under the right circumstances.

So you think if Slash comes back, it will be a 100% reunion of AFD/Illusion lineups?

I haven't thought of it being that way at all.. I just don't see Axl saying fuck it to the last 20 years of what he's been doing or not doing. I think he had/has a vision and just walking away from that just from a conversation/conversations with slash . Im thrilled they are speaking again, and would love to see that era onstage again.

I mean.. this could have been happening behind the scenes for awhile now and just not been aware.

Interesting times right now. Im curious to see and read how this plays out

I truly believe Axl and Slash can still create great music together. Not just that, but whatever it is Axl has recorded, Slash can improve imo. At least most of the material if I had to guess.

Also: I wonder what the label thinks about this.

I'm still skeptical about this turning into something real. If it's true, it's a good thing and a step in the right direction for Axl and his quest to become an adult.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Does Axl know they're friends again?

This I would be interested in.

Definitely the most positive old Guns news in a while but I'm keeping the champagne on ice until Axl pipes up.

Hard to imagine Axl saying anything. They'll reunite and everyone else will do the talking, they;ll plan a tour, then Axl will show up out of shape and suck, the tour will be cut short then Axl will release some bullshit letter how he didn't know about the tour, didn't have time to prepare and was forced to tour and how the motives for it all had nothing to do with art but only for other people's agendas and the almighty dollar.

That's probably how it will go :lol:

exactly

That is why i don't get the whole excitement from you "reunionist" dudes

But i know, i know, i'm too young that is why i lick Axl's coverband....

The reality is:

- Axl is out of shape as fuck and sounds like an old fart and he still got a "follow up" for CD so he doesn't need a reunion

- Slash will be releasing a 3rd Conspirators album and he is better than ever

- Slash just said they are on speaking terms again, which is cool, but it does not automatically lead to a reunion sadly

- if a reunion happens Axl will fuck up everything as usual

so you, old and educated GNR fans should grow up and start using your brains

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

Things are in motion, although i still don't get my hopes up for a reunion

If Axl can't get into shape, it's worthless now....

On the other side: after 19-20 years they are finally on talking terms and that's good enough for them

I agree 100%. Axl has to get into shape. I

No one has seen axl in a year. Maybe he's in shape now?

Edited by Frozen Inferno

The main problems are: TB and Axl's emotional relations to them. He can hardly sack his family in his 50's for a reunion

That is why i don't think a reunion would be possible currently

Axl might still be mad at Slash, but Atleast the bridge has been built to mend any disagreements. The important thing is Axl got past what Izzy said about him, he got past anything Duff said to him, he was willing to talk to Steven, and now he's started working with Slash.

As long as Axl can completely let go of whatever has kept him bitter then it will be fine. But he can't expect Slash to just start doing whatever he says. There doesn't need to be an apology.

Idk they will figure it out. I think there's an incentive to get past it all and start something fresh. The next year or two will likely be interesting.

Even TB knows that reunion is the best thing to generate massive incomes. They know that reunion is good for everybody. That's an essential point from a managerial perspective.

Axl and Slash could never co-exist in a business relationship. They have both been Capaitn's of their respective ships for so long that returning to an equal partnership would be beyond both of them in "this lifetime".

Even TB knows that reunion is the best thing to generate massive incomes. They know that reunion is good for everybody. That's an essential point from a managerial perspective.

Axl and Slash could never co-exist in a business relationship. They have both been Capaitn's of their respective ships for so long that returning to an equal partnership would be beyond both of them in "this lifetime".

Whatever you say Carlos.

• Like 1

I don't know if this has been posted, but the Aftonbladet interviewer followed up on what Slash had told CBS in an earlier interview (May 7, 2015). Slash both appeared on CBS This Morning and later in the day. Here is what was said at CBS This Morning:

Slash stopped by CBS This Morning yesterday (May 7) to discuss the video for "Beneath the Savage Sun," a track from his 2014 solo album World on Fire that's about elephant conservation. The conversation soon turned to the possibility of a Guns N' Roses reunion, with Slash and Axl Rose on the same stage.

Could it ever happen? Here's what Slash had to say:

"I gotta be careful what I say there. I mean, if everybody wanted to do it and do it for the right reasons, you know, I think the fans would love it. I think it might be fun at some point to try and do that, but…it just starts to get into a whole complex thing. But anyway, it's really between the guys in the band."

Slash admitted that he and Axl Rose hadn't spoken for "a long time," but that most of their old tensions had eased. "We don't have all those issues anymore," he said. "There's not a lot of controversy. It's something that's more perpetuated by the media than anything."

Later that day he said the following:

CBS: You mentioned on CBS this morning that the tension among Guns N' Roses is gone.

Slash: Yeah, there is no animosity going on..

CBS: What happened there?

Slash: I think it is, you know, over time we all got sick and tired over this sort of black cloud that really, I think...the biggest thing that happened is that especially when you have a break up that is a little less than harmonious, you just build up a lot of bad imagery [or "energy"] because of the distance, because you don't communicate, you don't say anything [?], whatever the bad feelings were they just get exaggerated and it just reached the point where it was ridiculous.

Slash talkes about the animosity having gone, but also says he hasn't talked to Axl in a long time. Has he talked to Axl since May or is all communication bwteen them going via third persons?

It seems to me there is a good chance they still haven't talked and Slash is just referring to signals from the camp that suggests Axl has mellowed.