Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

I was reading some of the fb comments and I'm a little speechless. A lot of people (mostly those too young to have seen real gnr) would rather have slash keep doing what he is doing, or think Myles is better than Axl. Yes I do think Myles sings guns songs pretty well, better than most. But better than Axl? No way in Hell. Even old man Axl still brings something to those songs that Myles just plain doesn't. It's not something you can get from watching YouTube videos, you have to see him live. Axl's voice might not be what it was, but he still performs those old songs with such a passion that really makes for an entertaining show, but you have to be there to get that. Every time I've seen Axl live, I did leave the arena feeling like I just saw one of the best frontmen of all time. Some guys have it and some guys don't. Now if people just want to sit at their computers and criticize his performances, than yes his vocals will be more scrutinised, but when go to the actual arena? He sounds fucking fantastic. Even the songs that people in here bash him for like SCOM and YCBM, they sound pretty damn good in person to my ears.

I guess that's why I'm not near as worried about a reunion as some of you, because when I go to the actual show, I know they are going to sound great.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Wow, we may be In for an interesting 2016 after all. I just pray that if a reunion happens we get some new music to go along with it. Maybe that is to much to ask but Axl is getting old and I want more of his music! Ideally the album could include Afew of axls leftover Chinese tracks some slash rockers and izzy tunes. Bamn reunion album in no time

My first thought when reading the title of this thread was "Wow". It was also my second, third and fourth thought. Then I had to watch the video.

I guess I am a soft touch. Even if nothing comes of this, the news that they are mending fences makes me incredibly happy.

Geez, I can remember wasting hours and hours here debating with people on why they thought Axl would never speak to Slash again.

So much for the big grandiose public apology they thought Axl would demand before ever speaking with Slash again. Or funnier yet, felt he was owed, for some odd reason.

• Like 1

They could reunite and put an album out in 6 months. If Axl was serious they could do it easily.

Axl could hand Slash six of his songs and ask Slash to fix them and then Slash could hand Axl six of his songs and ask him to fix the melodies and lyrics. Boom! Done. Slash could fix Axl's songs in a week and then Axl would have 5 3/4 months to fix six songs. He could simply take lyrics he already has and throw them over top Slash's songs. It could totally happen if they wanted it to and it would fucking rock. None of this bullshit nonsense that the people who dreaded a reunion have been claiming, that they couldn't make great music together anymore. It would be fucking awesome and anyone with a brain knows it would be.

I remember earlier in the year Eddie Trunk saying he knew about something going on behind the scenes and he was just hopeful. I wonder if this speaks volumes. I'm curious how they spoke, whether it was Duff setting it up or a phone call. It's probably none of our business, but I'm excited either way.

I think people are getting a bit too worked up over a passing comment.

in 20 years nothing even remotely close to this has been said though by either one of them. Slash said this with a smile and said it's pretty cool. That's pretty big.

I guess Duff was the link between them If they talked. Its a pretty random question and it was out of the blue, but it was a pretty good question. I hope things are sorted out between them if they are on talking terms

If some type of a reunion happens, then no one wants or cares about Frank and Pitman. I would see Steven or Matt. If Izzy bails out, then just call Gilby.

in 20 years nothing even remotely close to this has been said though by either one of them. Slash said this with a smile and said it's pretty cool. That's pretty big.

It's pretty big as far as reestablishing their friendship goes, but people her are talking about details on a reunion record :D

And even if they are now on better terms, that doesn't mean they have any desire to ever to play together or make music together. But I understand this is big news for many here and I think the over-the-top reactions are pretty cute. I am happy for everybody that thinks this is great news, but just don't your hopes up too high.

It's pretty big as far as reestablishing their friendship goes, but people her are talking about details on a reunion record :D

And even if they are now on better terms, that doesn't mean they have any desire to ever to play together or make music together. But I understand this is big news for many here and I think the over-the-top reactions are pretty cute. I am happy for everybody that thinks this is great news, but just don't your hopes up too high.

Well to be fair what else are we supposed to talk about? It's not like we can speculate on their actual encounter or their conversation and if we do it's of course going to be about music We're not going to talk about the detas of the food their may have orderd if they went for lunch or anything like that. The only thing we as Guns N Roses fans can really speculate and have fun with is how this plays into a reunion if at all. None of the reactions are over the top(except for the one saying all this excitment will kill any hope of a reunion haha) they're simply what you would expect when the two biggest obstacles to a reunion are now on speaking terms and friends again after 20 years. If you're someone who has ever wanted a reunion there has never been a more approprate time to get your hopes high. It's fun and honestly there's no point in sitting back and chilling out. People should let their imaginations run wild. I mean in a few days we'll have nothing to talk about again so might as well talk and speclate now. And for the record nobody "thinks" this is great news. The fact Axl and Slash are on good terms again IS incredible news period.

Things are 'cool' between them for like 2 years now. That doesn't mean they'll play together again ;)

Dont remember Axl or anyone in GN'R's camp mentioning that?

Even if the "not in this lifetime" was a while ago, i find it hard to believe Axl went from that to "cool"!

I suppose it depends what cool means in this context, it could range from we've agreed to stop suing each other all the way to you're my BFF. It's probably closer to the former for now but even that is progress.

I'd enjoy a reunion or even small collaboration but I also want to hear the rest of the CD material, hopefully they could find a way to do both.

I've seen the video but is this 100% confirmed by Slash? Many, many times during interviews people will ask a question and then re-record it if the question isn't included in the answer and it could have been altered so slightly. If the interviewer said "In the recent CBS interview, you said you were okay with Axl again", and Slash replies "Yes, it was great and long overdue to dispel negativity" and then it's re-recorded for the purpose of omitting CBS' name from the broadcast to ask "So I hear you've started talking with Axl again" those are two completely different questions. I'm really hoping this is true but it's so unbelievable that the question has to be asked.

In fact after listening to it again the interviewer's voice comes through clear as crystal when he's asking the question, then you can hear a cutting sound before Slash speaks again. I'm really wondering...don't think it was malicious on the part of the interviewer but I've gotta think that the question was overdubbed and he was only asking about the CBS interview.

Slash is generally a positive sort though, at least publicly. If Axl comes back with something similar that really would show progress, I suspect he'll say nothing but there's always a chance he could still shoot down any reunion talk even if they have called a truce. I feel like it could still fall either way right now until GNR put out an official statement about something.