Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

This is no time for negativity and the usual bile. Isn't this what people have been wanting to hear for years? Is this not perhaps the first step toward something great?

Axl and Slash, before this, hadn't spoken or traded words since 1996. Now that they're talking, PERHAPS a lot of shit and miscommunication on both sides can be cleared up, perhaps leading to something more.

agree 100% and i find it hilarious that some axl haters are still being negative about this... idc how much someone hates axl, theyve got serious problems if they prefer to keep watching slash perform with myles kennedy lol dude makes my stomach turn.. i love slash just as much as any real gnr fan but i didnt even consider buying tickets to see him in september even though the gig is 15 mins from my place... i cant bear the thought of watching mk slaughter gnr songs live

This is no time for negativity and the usual bile. Isn't this what people have been wanting to hear for years? Is this not perhaps the first step toward something great?

Axl and Slash, before this, hadn't spoken or traded words since 1996. Now that they're talking, PERHAPS a lot of shit and miscommunication on both sides can be cleared up, perhaps leading to something more.

agree 100% and i find it hilarious that some axl haters are still being negative about this... idc how much someone hates axl, theyve got serious problems if they prefer to keep watching slash perform with myles kennedy lol dude makes my stomach turn.. i love slash just as much as any real gnr fan but i didnt even consider buying tickets to see him in september even though the gig is 15 mins from my place... i cant bear the thought of watching mk slaughter gnr songs live

To be fair you don't love Slash as much as any real GnR fan if the guy played a show 15 minutes from your house and you didn't even consider buying tickets for fear of Myles singing on a few GnR songs.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

Honestly, its the only logical thing that could happen at this point after all the negative news about losing band members. I think everyone kind of needed something like this.

I agree its no time for negativity. Its pretty amazing how much it makes me happy just hearing they spoke. I don't even need a reunion, but to know this ridiculous 20 years feud is over is good enough for me. I think it'll help both of them to be friends.

As always with GNR, but definitely moreso now, I'm interested where we go from here.

To be fair you don't love Slash as much as any real GnR fan if the guy played a show 15 minutes from your house and you didn't even consider buying tickets for fear of Myles singing on a few GnR songs.

50$ is too much to go hear a few awesome solos... saw nugnr twice and used those solo spots to go take a leak... at this show id have to go to the bathroom every time myles is signing and i cant afford that much beer

I worry that a full-blown reunion would bring back old tensions and reignite the feud. Even if they just did guest appearances on each other's albums and tours I'd be happy.

Axl doing a guest spot on Slash's album like he did on Baz's would be so surreal.

I still want Axl vocals on Watch This. Axl wanted to collab with Grohl for years anyway, having an Axl + Slash + Duff + Grohl song would be awesome.

Honestly, its the only logical thing that could happen at this point after all the negative news about losing band members. I think everyone kind of needed something like this.

I agree its no time for negativity. Its pretty amazing how much it makes me happy just hearing they spoke. I don't even need a reunion, but to know this ridiculous 20 years feud is over is good enough for me. I think it'll help both of them to be friends.

As always with GNR, but definitely moreso now, I'm interested where we go from here.

might not look too good for axl if it comes out in the wash that he only reached out to slash cuz dj and bumble left... makes him look desperate... if anything i bet at the end of the day the story ends up being that they left cuz axl reached out to slash back in july as someone else suggested earlier, even if that wasnt the case Edited by Hollywood Gunner

Bono -

Pitman is almost a twenty years old GNR member. Same with Stinson, doubt Axl will forget that. Again, Brain and Ferrer should be the drummers on the next record.

With the new record and Slash record, a reunion tour is a very long road.

You say that as if Pitman's tenure in Guns N Roses means a flying fuck hahaha! And NO Frank ro Brain should NOT be the drummer fi GnR reunite.

Jarmo on the news:

Regarding this news, I wonder what made the reporter ask... Was something lost in translation? The question just seems to come out of the blue in the interview clip.
/jarmo

You can almost see the trembling in his message.

Absolutely. It's like Jarmo is posting that in hopes it's fake. I mean in all of this that's what Jarmo posts? Sure we're all wondering too how he knew to ask that but THAT is what Jarmo focusing on? Hahaha! he's such a clown. I can't wait to see him become the biggest hypocriit on the planet and start talking about how Slash ahs always been the right fit for GnR and blah blah slurp slurp blah.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 2

Man, if it turns out Axl didn't even hate Slash that much and it was all just some Beta sheltering bullshit..

The hate did seem to be there as recently as 2012 with the "Not in this lifetime" comment. A few people have mentioned Perla being an obstacle as well, so I assumed if they were friends iy would have been in the past year when Slash got back with Meegan, but Slash2baz says it's been 2 years, and I can't think of anything specific in 2013 that would have led to this.

Man, if it turns out Axl didn't even hate Slash that much and it was all just some Beta sheltering bullshit..

Wouldn't that be the biggest piss off of all time. I could see it though. TB has a lot to lose if they lose their power and Slash could easly been seen as a threat to that.