Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

It's no rumour anymore, Slash confirmed it right. So they are talking, doesn't mean they are friends again. But talking is good, best news in a long time!

Hope they work it out and we will see GNR as they should again! Even for just a moment, it would make me very very happy!

• Like 1

Blabbermouth has picked it up...

It's a slow burn right now but this is gonna spread like wildfire at some point. Fun to watch it unfold like this. At least for now. Now watch, months of silence haha

It's no rumour anymore, Slash confirmed it right. So they are talking, doesn't mean they are friends again. But talking is good, best news in a long time!

Hope they work it out and we will see GNR as they should again! Even for just a moment, it would make me very very happy!

Settling bad blood is great but it doesn't mean either of them want to revisit old gnr fully. A few collaborations might be more realistic. Unsure of how new music might fit in with rumours, maybe Slash will replace parts that BBF replaced from Bucket....the mind boggles really. :-)

This is the most exciting news since 96! I'm speechless, these guys being in speaking terms, as a GNR fan, is even more important than a reunion. They are brothers in arms, they lived A LOT together, I'm really happy that each other now have one of their most important friends back.

Slash is NEVER going to be a guest collaborator in Axl's GnR. Like I said earlier if they reunite it will be GUNS N' ROSES not Axl's mish mash of musicians collaborating on his music. Slash won't do that. I think I full reunion with a new album would be way more likley than a Guns N Roses song or album "featuring" Slash as a guest collaborator.

Is there any way to confirm this interview wasn't edited and that Slash's words are not out of context here?

This.

We don´t actually see the interviewer ask his question about Axl to Slash. Slash might have been responding to an entirely different question.

I think this is a fair point, it would have been better to see someone physically asking the question as even a slight edit could alter the context a little. Having said that clearly looking at the bigger picture painted recently tensions seem to have abated.

• Like 1

I bet Jarmo is so pissed.

Part of me believes I've hung around the GnR online world all these years just to see clowns like him do an about face. It's going to be so hilarious watching all these anti Slash and anti reunion people act like everything they believed and said in the past doesn't exist haha! If a reunion ever happens that will be one of the best things about it.

Jarmo aside a lot of the anti reunion folks were kids who weren't around for the real deal. It was much easier for them to accept whatever Axl had going on as the "real GnR" because they didn't get to see what us older folks did. Reading magazine articles and watching YouTube videos isn't the same as being around for it. I agree that IF a reunion happens,the backpedaling alone from some of these kids will be hilarious. If only this friendship could've taken place before the RNRHOF but better late than never.

Agreed. Those who are old enough to remember want Guns n' fucking Roses, not nugnr...

As a fan of AXL and SLASH for over 30 years I' m excited they are talking again - all GNR fans ever wanted= If they tour it will be insane - Sorry to all of the other bands touring but if SLASH-AXL-DUFF-IZZY STEVEN OR MATT OR BOTH tour again the rest of the music world are put on notice =The best rock n band in this generation will be the talk of the not only the music world but they are putting the whole world on notice- I would love see them again live -but just being friends again has made my day - Killer news !

Edited by iceman51999
  • Like 1

This is great news! When I saw the title thread with "rumour they were friends again" I thought it would be the same old shit! I didn't expect slash to confirm they were friends again!!!! This of course does not mean a reunion is imminent but it is definitely now a possibility. Hopefully Slash can put in a good word for Marc Canter and they can all be good friends again. Slash does mention about touring his new album next year in Sweden and Axl is apparently looking to put out the CD left overs so a reunion could be a long way off (if it ever happens), but the signs are good.

Can a mod please change the thread title?

Either get rid of the rumour part or change it to "Slash and Axl on speaking terms again."

Thanks

Perhaps we are waiting for independent confirmation? That could be just sayin
I think we could make the title more accurate. I'm not going to alter another mods work without checking in with them first though.

It doesn't hinder anyone from actually discussing, I think this might run for a while so no rush. Most of us are busy on a Sat aft - I only saw this about half hour ago.

• Like 1

Slash is NEVER going to be a guest collaborator in Axl's GnR. Like I said earlier if they reunite it will be GUNS N' ROSES not Axl's mish mash of musicians collaborating on his music. Slash won't do that. I think I full reunion with a new album would be way more likley than a Guns N Roses song or album "featuring" Slash as a guest collaborator.

I dunno about that. I don't think any of them particularly want to deal with Steven and they probably don't trust Izzy will commit.

It wouldn't be a case of Slash joining Axl's GNR, seeing as there's not much of a band to speak of anymore. I could see Slash agreeing to it so long as Duff is on board. Something like:

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Dizzy

Chris

Frank

The general public wouldn't care less about Izzy or Steven/Matt not being onboard. I feel bad saying that about Izzy, but it's true.

Edited by Towelie

Can a mod please change the thread title?

Either get rid of the rumour part or change it to "Slash and Axl on speaking terms again."

Thanks

Perhaps we are waiting for independent confirmation? That could be just sayin

Sorry but that is ridiculous. Do you seriously think Slash is going to make those comments if there is no truth to it?

There is no need to step on eggshells here. It is what it is.

- Duff rejoins Axl, somebody who had certifiably been in the 'Slash camp' prior.

- Axl goes into hibernation, the future of the new band into a state of limbo and confusion.

- Two guitarists leave, one controversially, one surprisingly so.

- Del wishes Slash a Happy Birthday

- Now this.

Does lead me to believe that there something going on behind the scenes. Who knows?

PS

Also, wasn't Eddie Trunk throwing some reunion speculation out there awhile ago?

Edited by DieselDaisy

- Duff rejoins Axl, somebody who had certifiably been in the 'Slash camp' prior.

- Axl goes into hibernation, the future of the new band into a state of limbo and confusion.

- Two guitarists leave, one controversially, one surprisingly so.

- Del wishes Slash a Happy Birthday

- Now this.

Does lead me to believe that there something going on behind the scenes. Who knows?

I don't know, but I sure hope.