Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

I hope so, but if musicians who were on the payroll with nothing to lose weren't able to look past the rest, I doubt Slash and co will do it for a very long time.

I'm sure another obstacle is to get adequate management that will manage the band instead of only managing Axl. Releasing music will be easier when there is a group of guys that can pump out good music together consistently. What Axl assembled has never been capable of meshing like that. Love Buckethead but Axl's idea of plug and play musicianship did not and will not work to the level that he expects. Get the core group back together that can write dozens of songs in a year(like during the VR project) along with adequate management and it'll be different, imo.

I don't think I'm out of bounds to say that the biggest obstacle has always been to get Axl to forgive. That is not saying it is the ONLY obstacle.

May 7: "There's no animosity. Over time we all just got sick and tired of the black cloud. The biggest thing that happens when you have a break up that is less than harmonious, you build up a bad energy because of the distance. The bad feelings get exaggerated." http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/211490-slash-says-never-say-never-over-return-to-classic-era-lineup/page-1

June 7: "Hey, it's remarkable what is read into that. I just wanted to sound a little more friendly und positiv. But Axl and I aren't in touch and I don't see it." http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/211763-slash-on-gnr-reunion-i-dont-see-it/

Not only is there no evidence that Axl and Slash have spoken, the evidence clearly points to the contrary.

Evidence that would support communication is the GNR camp actually acknowledging Slash's existence. People like Del probably wouldn't be reaching back to Slash if the bridge was still in complete ashes.

The evidence actually shows there is a level of mutual positivity towards the other. It may not be a picture of them shaking hands but it certainly isn't contrary evidence.

Edited by Rustycage

I don't know if this has been posted, but the Aftonbladet interviewer followed up on what Slash had told CBS in an earlier interview (May 7, 2015). Slash both appeared on CBS This Morning and later in the day. Here is what was said at CBS This Morning:

Slash stopped by CBS This Morning yesterday (May 7) to discuss the video for "Beneath the Savage Sun," a track from his 2014 solo album World on Fire that's about elephant conservation. The conversation soon turned to the possibility of a Guns N' Roses reunion, with Slash and Axl Rose on the same stage.

Could it ever happen? Here's what Slash had to say:

"I gotta be careful what I say there. I mean, if everybody wanted to do it and do it for the right reasons, you know, I think the fans would love it. I think it might be fun at some point to try and do that, but…it just starts to get into a whole complex thing. But anyway, it's really between the guys in the band."

Slash admitted that he and Axl Rose hadn't spoken for "a long time," but that most of their old tensions had eased. "We don't have all those issues anymore," he said. "There's not a lot of controversy. It's something that's more perpetuated by the media than anything."

Later that day he said the following:

CBS: You mentioned on CBS this morning that the tension among Guns N' Roses is gone.

Slash: Yeah, there is no animosity going on..

CBS: What happened there?

Slash: I think it is, you know, over time we all got sick and tired over this sort of black cloud that really, I think...the biggest thing that happened is that especially when you have a break up that is a little less than harmonious, you just build up a lot of bad imagery [or "energy"] because of the distance, because you don't communicate, you don't say anything [?], whatever the bad feelings were they just get exaggerated and it just reached the point where it was ridiculous.

Slash talkes about the animosity having gone, but also says he hasn't talked to Axl in a long time. Has he talked to Axl since May or is all communication bwteen them going via third persons?

It seems to me there is a good chance they still haven't talked and Slash is just referring to signals from the camp that suggests Axl has mellowed.

Thanks to ShadowOfTheWave we now know that Slash hadn't talked to Axl in June, either:

Slash: Hey, it's remarkable what is read into that. I just wanted to sound a little more friendly and positive. But Axl and I aren't in touch and I don't see it.

So here's what we know:

Slash claims in May that the animosity is gone, but that he hasn't spoken to Axl. He also says that a reunion could happen.

Then in June he reaffirms that he hasn't talked with Axl and that he might have been a wee bit too positive back in May,

Now in August he again says that the animosity is gone, or at least that some of the negative stuff has been dispelled, and explains why it should be gone after so long. But again no mention of actually having talked to Axl, nor that a reunion is more likely.

I am sorry guys, but I think a likely interpretation here is that there hasn't been any communication between Axl and Slash, and that Slash is just going by the absence of new law suits, Del congratulating him, etc.

Edited by SoulMonster

May 7: "There's no animosity. Over time we all just got sick and tired of the black cloud. The biggest thing that happens when you have a break up that is less than harmonious, you build up a bad energy because of the distance. The bad feelings get exaggerated." http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/211490-slash-says-never-say-never-over-return-to-classic-era-lineup/page-1

June 7: "Hey, it's remarkable what is read into that. I just wanted to sound a little more friendly und positiv. But Axl and I aren't in touch and I don't see it." http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/211763-slash-on-gnr-reunion-i-dont-see-it/

Not only is there no evidence that Axl and Slash have spoken, the evidence clearly points to the contrary.

Exactly this.

I thought all of this was common knowledge. Then again, there's a ton of stuff that I forget about concerning GN'R, so maybe this just slipped a lot of peoples minds.

Just let GNR fans have a moment of positive news? At this point, what else is there? Stop being Debbie Downers.

But we have the positive news that according to Slash some of the negative stuff between him and Axl might have been dispelled now. That is really nice. I am not trying to take that away from anyone, just a bit of reality checking.

What else there is? Dj is gone, Richard continues to claim 2016 will see new music, downzy claims something is up, too, Axl seems to be through with touring now and focusing more on releasing new music.

Just let GNR fans have a moment of positive news? At this point, what else is there? Stop being Debbie Downers.

Don't get me wrong... If they've settled their differences then that's great. My point was that I'm still confused by a lot of people acting like this is a revelation when the stuff Shadow referenced shows that this is old news.

I'm not saying not to be happy about it by any means, I'm just saying that I don't get acting like it's brand new news.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong... If they've settled their differences then that's great. My point was that I'm still confused by a lot of people acting like this is a revelation when the stuff Shadow referenced shows that this is old news.

I'm not saying not to be happy about it by any means, I'm just saying that I don't get acting like it's brand new news.

Uhm, the news is the recent interview in Aftonbladet where Slash doesn't deny the interviewer's allegation that Axl and Slash is friends again. That is a bit more than what was said in May and June.

It's different due to the question being about them speaking to each other. Maybe Slash misunderstood the question and heard it as him simply letting the animosity go.

In the end, the fans getting excited and the media outlets bringing the spotlight on this will not do a bit of harm. They can't end up in the same room together so this is probably the only way to break through that wall of protection around Axl even if it all nothing. If nothign else happens, it at least requires an answer from management.

Axl seems to be focusing more on releasing new music.

I'm sorry, what was that?!

I should have phrased that differently :D What I mean to say is that Axl claims to be focused more on releasing music.

Yet the evidence points to the contrary.

Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. Just because he doesn't post lots of pictures from him beavering around in the studio, or pondering the track list of the record, or negotiating with labels, doesn't mean it isn't happening, or that releasing a new record is the next on his priority list as far as Gn'R goes, nor does this absence constitute any evidence of the contrary.

Edited by SoulMonster

I should have phrased that differently :D What I mean to say is that Axl claims to be focused more on releasing music.

Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. Just because he doesn't post lots of pictures from him beavering around in the studio, or pondering the track list of the record, or negotiating with labels, doesn't mean it isn't happening, or that releasing a new record is the next on his priority list as far as Gn'R goes, nor does this absence constitute any evidence of the contrary.

Fuck that.

BBF stating that nothing new has happened, along with DJ leaving dismisses the idea of any recording going on.

Also, with BBF leaving, it doesn't point towards the older CD material(that he has worked on) being released any time soon. That is what he wants. Why leave if that is on the brink of happening?

There is nothing to suggest that the studio is a focus.

• Like 1

Not sold yet on whether this is not a huge hoax. For arguments sake If they entered negotiations for a reunion tour & possible new music, where in the blue hell would that leave CD:2 & the follow up albums? If the negotiation's fall through GNR could be in limbo for the next few years & beyond.

Nobody gives a fuck about CD2 and if they are talking about reuniting kiss it goodbye. GnR has been in limbo for nearly 20 years. Why do some of you seem to have something against Axl and Slash being friends again? I mean seriously. Even remotely mentioning the notion that Slash and Axl being friends again could delay CD2 or put GnR in a state of limbo so fucking asinine it's beyond human comprehension. Slash and Axl being friends could suddenly throw GnR into a state of limbo if things fall through? Well holy fucking shit! What state do you think GnR is in now?

:facepalm:

• Like 3

Maybe it will not lead to a reunion. But if it leads to more aechive releases, both audio and video a la Rolling Stones' "From the Vault", I'm all for it.

A proper version of Being it back home and some of those other songs would make me MUCH happier than CD2 tbh.

Fuck that.

BBF stating that nothing new has happened, along with DJ leaving dismisses the idea of any recording going on.

Also, with BBF leaving, it doesn't point towards the older CD material(that he has worked on) being released any time soon. That is what he wants. Why leave if that is on the brink of happening?

There is nothing to suggest that the studio is a focus.

I agree with you, I also don't think any recording is going on. But I do think that Axl occasionally thinks about what he should do with the next record, and that he might actually have done some work in that direction, and that he won't tour more before the record is out (to which he will have to put together a new touring lineup). I have no illusions any release is imminent, though :D. I also don't think he necesarrily informs the band mates on a regular basis of what is happening :D And with none of BBF's songs being picked up by Axl, in addition to all his other qualms with the band, and with nothing suggesting anything Dj made was going to end up on CD2, I think their leaving the band doesn't really warrant any further explanations.

Not sold yet on whether this is not a huge hoax. For arguments sake If they entered negotiations for a reunion tour & possible new music, where in the blue hell would that leave CD:2 & the follow up albums? If the negotiation's fall through GNR could be in limbo for the next few years & beyond.

Nobody gives a fuck about CD2 and if they are talking about reuniting kiss it goodbye. GnR has been in limbo for nearly 20 years. Why do some of you seem to have something against Axl and Slash being friends again? I mean seriously. Even remotely mentioning the notion that Slash and Axl being friends again could delay CD2 or put GnR in a state of limbo so fucking asinine it's beyond human comprehension. Slash and Axl being friends could suddenly throw GnR into a state of limbo if things fall through? Well holy fucking shit! What state do you think GnR is in now?

There are people waiting for CD2. Has it been confirmed they are friends again and living life like its little house on the prairie? Where did I state I have something against them reuniting? Jesus Christ.

Maybe it will not lead to a reunion. But if it leads to more aechive releases, both audio and video a la Rolling Stones' "From the Vault", I'm all for it.

A proper version of Being it back home and some of those other songs would make me MUCH happier than CD2 tbh.

just anotheeerr sunnndaay

Plenty of people give a fuck about CD2. :facepalm: douchebag