The Reason A Reunion Will NEVER Happen

Unless Axl needs a lot of money it won't happen. I think that would be too much for him to admit that last 20 years was a failure and all the sons he has written are about to be locked down never to be released. And I love CD but minute he appears on stage with Slash it's game over.

If Slash & Axl are friends again then you would have to be mad to bet against a reunion of the classic line up with all the millions it would make. Axl quit the original GN'R because after gaining control of the brand name, he could start a new band that could tour & release new music as G N' R . Slash chose not to join the new band as an employee & he never quit the original band. The old band still exists separately to the new band & when the reunion takes place it would be quite funny if Axl has to rejoin with the original band! Axl will never relinquish his control over the brand name & Slash will never have Axl as his boss, so maybe legally a third version of Guns N' Roses will exist for the reunion.

I could see them just joining Axl's band for the tour.

if the deal was after the OG 5 tour and album Axl retains the name, then it could. Full membership reinstated, equal pay. Roll. It's the least of they worries to be honest if the go out on tour shit get real. So it maybe too much for them.

It could be the final fling. All partnerships would continue to operate businesswise anyway.

A nice highly paid reunion tour might satisfy most fans without all the hassle. But Stevie, fuckin' Stevie!

I don't think that'd hold things up to be honest, i don't think either of em are starving and i don't think Axl would not give em their fair whack, whatever else he is i do think he's a man that operates according to some semblence of principle. I think the rest of em miss it more than Axl to be honest, a lot more, i think he could get em onside just for the fact of being able to be that band again. All conjecture, who the fuck really knows.

Pretty much my thoughts.

I think the thing many fans don't think about or don't put enough stock in is these guys egos. Im not even talking about Axls ego, we all know what his is like, but slash and duff have pretty big ones as well. Duff does appear to be a little more grounded, but it's still there im sure.

What I mean by that is they have all earned the right to be headliners, and major arena headliners at that. I'm not trying to to diminish Slash's solo career, but the fact is the only way he gets to play major places is if he opens up for Aerosmith or some other major band. Same goes for duff, but he won't get the options that slash even gets. Now yes they both can go and play clubs and theaters and headline those, but at this point in their careers, they probably do want a little more money for all that effort. Think about it from a business perspective, it doesn't cost a band much more money to play a huge place vs a small place, they still have to pay crews and all that. But a 1000 seat place vs a 20000 seat place is a shit ton difference in money you make.

Now I'm not sitting here saying that axl is just rolling in the doe and slash and duff or starving, I'm not saying that at all. But Axl has still played pretty big places, he might not be selling them out, but he still played them. Now if you put a reunion together, not only would they sell out 20000 seat places, they might even get to play 50000 to 100000 type stadiums. Now we are talking about some serious money. That's the type of money that can probably set you and your kids up for life. You can't tell me that doesn't play a role. Especially when you are a guy like slash that has played these places, but only as an opener. He just saw what Aerosmith was doing, you can't tell me he doesn't miss it. When he has the opportunity to be in a band again, that can do that, it has to be something to really be considered.

It's like being on top of your profession, none of them can be considered at the top of the music industry without each other, but when they are together, they are elite of the elite. After they reached the top back in the early 90s, yes they probably all needed to downscale and get back to their roots. But they done that, for years now. 1 more trip to the top of the mountain would be to tempting to not do it, especially with all the wisdom they have now.

It'll happen...

quoted for truth

the wisdom they have now is an important point to make the reunion work.... they're not drunk kids anymore, even axl is more professional in the last years.

Axl is not a gready guy, If there ever were any kind of reunion gigs to be booked, the money would be worked out in advanced and would be done very fair. Axl would still control the name of the band which is no big deal.

Can you see a reunion taking place for the 30th anniversary of AFD ?

This forum has been great recently - exciting and positive with the recent news that Axl and Slash are talking again, and hope for a possible reunion.

I was getting caught up in the hype too for a while - I would love this.

But there is one simple reason that it will never happen - Axl's ownership of the GNR brand.

Could you ever imagine Slash, Duff and Izzy signing up to perform or write music as mere hired hands at this point in their careers, the same way that Dizzy, Stinson, etc, do?

There is just no way they would ever accept these terms. It would be humiliating - this is a band they helped to create, after all.

So what about the alternative? Axl relenting and handing over a percentage of the band-name and brand to the other original members is just never going to happen. Not a fucking chance.

I've said it before but it's really simple:

Axl is demanding, Slash is now used to being the boss and everyone kissing his ass.

Things like "We're using the SCOM riff even though you hate it"

and "Can you do this part of Estranged again?" ain't gonna float.

Slash would leave the first time a song the level of "Doin' Fine" was rejected by Axl because it's a glam song.

I'm a big Slash fan, but some of his songs are shit, He's used to everyone telling him "Oh man, that's amazing dude, best song ever." And he will never give that up.

As much as Axl is a dick, I think he'd be a lot more open to Slash being critical of something of his than the reverse. I base that off of Axl flat out saying he "needed Slash" to make a Gun's record. Axl might and I stress MIGHT allow a few Slash songs that were not up to par to keep the peace, but Slash isn't "redoing" the solo on "Song X" 10 times because Axl wants it perfect. Those days are forever gone.

Will the have a reunion? Probably.

Will the tour? Fuck yes!

Will there be an album of new material? NO FUCKING WAY.

Edited by DeadSlash

I think the only thing the guys would care about is if they can even deliver the show far more than anything else.

If you mean actually do the songs well, I doubt they are worried about that. They have all been doing GnR material as a staple in their set since the break up (Except Izzy? I don't know this, but I don't think I've seen him covering GnR with his bands.)

There are other maybe more important issues than the name. Slash, Duff, Izzy won´t toletare Axl´s bizarre behavior. The guy has to show up for rehearsals, he must take the stage on time, he must be a real and professional band mate. They won´t tolerate a deja vu of the UYI Tour. If Axl is not willing to change then a reunion is not gonna happen. This is the hardest obstacle for a reunion.

Edited by Padme

There are other maybe more important issues than the name. Slash, Duff, Izzy won´t toletare Axl´s bizarre behavior. The guy has to show up for rehearsals, he must take the stage on time, he must be a real and professional band mate. They won´t tolerate a deja vu of the UYI Tour. If Axl is not willing to change then a reunion is not gonna happen. This is the hardest obstacle for a reunion.

Axl? change? He has improved with the late starts, but he's still Axl. I don't see him drastically changing the way he does things. Or doesn't.

Edited by Rovim

It's not a choice on Axl's part in my opinion. He was having some problems on that UYI tour. We can speculate but it's hard to say why.

Any contracts signed to say this will or wont happen will just add pressure. It's really just hope like fuck, dont get so uptight about it. There hasnt been a riot for a while maybe its the fruit phones. go get a GNR hot dog with cool ranch dressing.

This forum has been great recently - exciting and positive with the recent news that Axl and Slash are talking again, and hope for a possible reunion.

I was getting caught up in the hype too for a while - I would love this.

But there is one simple reason that it will never happen - Axl's ownership of the GNR brand.

Could you ever imagine Slash, Duff and Izzy signing up to perform or write music as mere hired hands at this point in their careers, the same way that Dizzy, Stinson, etc, do?

There is just no way they would ever accept these terms. It would be humiliating - this is a band they helped to create, after all.

So what about the alternative? Axl relenting and handing over a percentage of the band-name and brand to the other original members is just never going to happen. Not a fucking chance.

They know one another pretty well. Or rather, Slash, Duff,Izzy know pretty well how Axl has been ticking of late. In English this means there is no way in fucking hell any of them would ever consider any kind of a serious, album-scaled Studio commitment with him. They are too old and life is too short. It just doesn't work out.

Some 5, 10, 15 re-union gigs for nine bazillion dollars for them each? Sure! I'm very happy to be able to feel this is suddenly in realm of possibility. None of them would walk in such endeavour expecting it to be some genuine dude-bro band community environment anyway. Should it happen and it turns out Axl says not a single word to any of them during their dozen gig tour, it'll just be the lot of them kinda shrugging, figuring it was to be expected and laugh all the way to bank two months later when it is over.

Edited by LTD

Axl is not a gready guy, If there ever were any kind of reunion gigs to be booked, the money would be worked out in advanced and would be done very fair. Axl would still control the name of the band which is no big deal.

What about Axls reputation for late starts? I do think he got a lot better at that the last couple of years he toured but do you think the whole thing would fall apart if he started showing up late again? Or do you think the band will expect it and not care?

Just always thought they wouldn't ever agree to anything with axl unless there was a written legality saying you have to perform on time..

Did DJ, Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Finck, etc. have ownership of the name? No

Did they tour as GNR? Yes

C'mon people , all they will do is the same as the above did. agree on the money details and tour.

An album is the pipe dream and I'm sure they could figure that out using money as well but the tour is easy.

Edited by nproducing