Your concerts in 2016

Val22

10 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Chris Cornell announced more acoustic tour dates and one is within an hour from me. Will definitely be going to that.

Got a ticket for the show. The site screwed up and lost me my Orchestra Center tickets but ended up getting Orchestra Left, so oh well. Still happy I'm seeing him again so soon (just saw him in October) and it's so close to me.

I'm only a couple weeks away from what will be the closest "big" show I've ever attended. Aside from local bands/venues, I'm generally in Hamilton and Toronto for shows. Buffalo too. All three are within an hour of driving so it's never a big deal - they just happen to be the bigger cities that get all the bands I listen to. Comparitively, it's just cool to think that I've got a mere ten minute drive ahead of me for Duran Duran's tour warm-up.

3 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Got a ticket for the show. The site screwed up and lost me my Orchestra Center tickets but ended up getting Orchestra Left, so oh well. Still happy I'm seeing him again so soon (just saw him in October) and it's so close to me.

I'm seeing him live in Milano next month. I got a pretty good ticket at a surprisingly small cost on Seatwave. I hope it's not a scam. It has arrived, but I still worry it's too good to be true. 

2 hours ago, GivenToFly said:

I'm seeing him live in Milano next month. I got a pretty good ticket at a surprisingly small cost on Seatwave. I hope it's not a scam. It has arrived, but I still worry it's too good to be true. 

Hope it's a legit ticket. Have you seen him solo before? He's fantastic.

seeing Experience Hendrix last night was absolutely crazy. 

I had bought last minute tickets for this show on stub hub when the cheap seats on Ticketmaster sold out. Not only did these 2 tickets come with Valet parking, but walking in, we were told there was a special room just for people with these tickets. My friend and i walked down this long ass hallway into a room full of lavish furniture and free food and our own personal bathroom… Come to find out these tickets are part of a $5,000 ticket set that gives you a set of tickets to every show at this particular theater for its entire season.. apparently the guy that had these wasn't a big fan of Hendrix as i got these tickets for less then $150...

Anyway, the highlight of the night at least for me was Zakk Wylde playing Manic Depression.  His guitar solo had to be at least 10 minutes long and he walked up both the main aisles of the theater while playing and interacting with the crowd. Walking off stage, he received the first standing ovation of the night, and the show still had 2 and a half hours to go..

I also just bought tickets for the first night of 311 day. and I'm also planing on seeing Joe Satriani this weekend as well

• Like 1

On March 6, 2016 at 5:37 PM, Mansin Humanity said:

Heyyo. Flying solo for that. PM me, let's grab a beer.

crap i just saw this today.. i had testing this past week and every time i tried to log in here, the site crashed. Sorry for leaving you hanging! that was a pretty crazy show though! 

my string of luck continued for Satriani last night. I bought cheap tickets up on like the second balcony, and i guess they didn't sell enough tickets because walking in, we were presented with Orchestra or floor seats.. basically we got $60 seats for $35.. maybe i should go see Guitar virtuosos more often? 

if all goes my way and my friends don't bail on me, this week/weekend is looking to be pretty busy. Glassjaw on wednesday, Cannibal Corpse/Obituary on Thursday, NOFX Friday, Awolnation Saturday and Nightwish on Sunday… 

On 3/12/2016 at 3:09 PM, KeyserSoze said:

crap i just saw this today.. i had testing this past week and every time i tried to log in here, the site crashed. Sorry for leaving you hanging! that was a pretty crazy show though! 

No worries - that was a goddamn great show. Highlights for me were the Taiyed/Dancehall/Random combo in the first set along with the Livin & Rockin/Omaha Stylee to end it, plus the Sun Come Through and Get Down appearances in the second set. Obviously the choir part was awesome as well.

Seeing the Dropkick Murphys again tomorrow night - they're doing a secret gig at the Brighton Music Hall in Boston for 300 people, and I lucked into a pair of tickets for $20 at the merch booth at the arena gig tonight. Tomorrow night they're doing 2 sets, and all rarities, unplayed live songs, and covers. Should be a great time :shades:

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Seeing the Dropkick Murphys again tomorrow night - they're doing a secret gig at the Brighton Music Hall in Boston for 300 people, and I lucked into a pair of tickets for $20 at the merch booth at the arena gig tonight. Tomorrow night they're doing 2 sets, and all rarities, unplayed live songs, and covers. Should be a great time :shades:

Oh my god, I hate you for getting to go to that. I saw the 2013 Brighton gig and it was fucking awesome. I seriously looked into flying back up to Boston when they announced this year's a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mansin Humanity said:

Oh my god, I hate you for getting to go to that. I saw the 2013 Brighton gig and it was fucking awesome. I seriously looked into flying back up to Boston when they announced this year's a few weeks ago.

I'm really excited! Tonight was my first time seeing them on the St. Paddy's Day run (Finally!), and while I stand by the fact that the Bosstones top the Dropkicks with the Throwdown, I can't really pretend tomorrow won't be a more exciting show than the Bosstones at TT The Bear's. Don't get me wrong, that TT's show in July was amazing, but they really dropped the ball on the setlist for that show. They opened with 737 and did Chocolate Pudding mid-show, but all in all it was probably the most boring Bosstones setlist I've ever seen. 

On 3/20/2016 at 11:16 PM, Powerage5 said:

I'm really excited! Tonight was my first time seeing them on the St. Paddy's Day run (Finally!), and while I stand by the fact that the Bosstones top the Dropkicks with the Throwdown, I can't really pretend tomorrow won't be a more exciting show than the Bosstones at TT The Bear's. Don't get me wrong, that TT's show in July was amazing, but they really dropped the ball on the setlist for that show. They opened with 737 and did Chocolate Pudding mid-show, but all in all it was probably the most boring Bosstones setlist I've ever seen. 

How was this show? What'd they bust out?

15 minutes ago, Mansin Humanity said:

How was this show? What'd they bust out?

Oh man, I couldn't even give you a full setlist. I only knew about half of it total (Granted I'm not like a super diehard Dropkicks fan the way I am the Bosstones), but Ken said at the end they did 41 songs. Going down a list of songs they've played live off setlist.fm, I know they did:

Barroom Hero

Workers Song

The Dirty Glass

Black Velvet Band

The Wild Rover

Curse Of A Fallen Soul

Never Alone

Hang Em High

Caps And Bottles

Finnegans Wake

Pipebomb On Lansdowne

John Law

On the covers front:

Alcohol - Gang Green

21 Guitar Salute - The Press

Career Opportunities - The Clash

Just What I Needed - The Cars

Fortunate Son - CCR

The Kids Are Alright - The Who

5 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Oh man, I couldn't even give you a full setlist. I only knew about half of it total (Granted I'm not like a super diehard Dropkicks fan the way I am the Bosstones), but Ken said at the end they did 41 songs. Going down a list of songs they've played live off setlist.fm, I know they did:

Curse Of A Fallen Soul

Pipebomb On Lansdowne

Alcohol - Gang Green

Fortunate Son - CCR

Ugh. Glad it was great though! Brighton is actually probably my favorite Boston area venue.