Matt Sorum on reunion: "I plead the fifth"

The guys outside of nugnr never play the cryptic answers game and now all of a sudden we're acting like it's normal for them?

All I'm saying is that Matt doesn't know anything and he's saying exactly that. I just listened to the audio and it's clear that that's what he meant. I don't think he's being cryptic or dodging the question, the guy flat out says "I would have to plead the fifth, because I just don't know"

I feel like I should clarify my point on things as I might be coming off wrong:

Personally, I don't think any sort of reunion will happen. I'm basing that on absolutely nothing outside of my own gut feeling. I'm not against a reunion because I know how happy it will make so many people on these boards and across the world in general. I've even softened on my longtime stance of not being interested in seeing it myself. At this point, I'd rather see Axl doing anything with anybody as opposed to what we currently have.

yeah someone doesn't have a bias or doesn't contradict himself in his statement

i would rather this rather that

dude its happening

Huh?

The guys outside of nugnr never play the cryptic answers game and now all of a sudden we're acting like it's normal for them?

All I'm saying is that Matt doesn't know anything and he's saying exactly that. I just listened to the audio and it's clear that that's what he meant. I don't think he's being cryptic or dodging the question, the guy flat out says "I would have to plead the fifth, because I just don't know"

Personally, I don't think any sort of reunion will happen. I'm basing that on absolutely nothing outside of my own gut feeling. I'm not against a reunion because I know how happy it will make so many people on these boards and across the world in general. I've even softened on my longtime stance of not being interested in seeing it myself. At this point, I'd rather see Axl doing anything with anybody as opposed to what we currently have.

dude its happening

Huh?

you're saying its a gut feeling but you've softened up recently on being against it...

just embrace it

dude its happening

Huh?

you're saying its a gut feeling but you've softened up recently on being against it...

just embrace it

I can't embrace something I think isn't going to happen.

"I would have to plead the fifth on that, basically, because I just don't know. So I would say I plead the fifth. [Laughs]"

That's a little more than a simple I don't know.

I'm curious, at what point did the people around GNR become women?

*sigh*

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"No, what's wrong."

"It's fine. Nothing. *sigh*

@GNR guys. Answer the question directly or just stfu!

:lol:

Can we have the online equivalent of a collective round of applause for this post please, spot on, spot fucking on :lol:

Yeah, like Matt wouldn't do a reunion if Axl asked him.

Slash started this rumor when he said he has spoken to Axl and all is cool again.

How do we know this is true? It could just be Slash's way of stopping all the Axl questions. I mean since Axl never verifies anything anyone says, we don't know this for sure.

Unless Axl has realized you can't change the past and Slash apologized for whatever he did, I can't see anything getting resolved.

I guess you never listened to the interview because you're clearly discussing something that never happened. In no part of the interview Matt suggests that he wouldn't be a part of a reunion if Axl called. Get your ears checked.

Slash started this rumor when he said he has spoken to Axl and all is cool again.

Wrong. Slash didn't start a reunion rumour, he simple suggested that he and Axl are in good terms and talking again. In fact, when asked about a reunion, he refused to answer. Get your ears checked.

How do we know this is true? It could just be Slash's way of stopping all the Axl questions. I mean since Axl never verifies anything anyone says, we don't know this for sure.

Because Slash said they were in good terms, but any human being with half a brain would know that they talking again doesn't necessarily mean they will get to play together again. Axl never "verifies" anything when he knows what it's out there is nothing but the truth. That's why he has never denied the things all the former members have said about him.

Unless Axl has realized you can't change the past and Slash apologized for whatever he did, I can't see anything getting resolved.

Slash has nothing to apologize for. I guess if they're talking again is because Axl apologized for prostituting and ridiculing the Gn'R name for years, but who knows.

• Like 1

Are you completely ignoring that Del has been positive towards Slash? That wouldn't happen if Axl still held a grudge. Guaranteed.

dude its happening

Huh?

just embrace it

yeah but you do think it's going to happen

thats the funny part! :)

Ok, so the list of people who definitely don't know what's going on is as follows:

Steven Adler

Richard Forus

Matt Sorum

The Entirety of the Free World.

Did I miss anyone?

When someone 'pleads the 5th', referring to the 5th amendment of the United States, especially when asked a light hearted question, it generally means they DO know something... but they're not at liberty to tell you or anyone what they know. At least not at the moment.

He's in the loop. To what extent, that's anyone's guess. But he knows something is in the works. Especially laughing after saying he pleads the 5th.

You could translate it to: "You can bet your bottom dollar I know something or am a part of that, but the chances of me saying anything to you about it is NIL".

So I bet my bottom dollar on a reunion being in the works.

Haha, I'm aware of what "pleading the 5th" means. The problem is what he said after that.

It's almost like people just read the title and didn't read what the actual quote was.

I read the actual quote. I read the whole article. And I'll re-iterate... when someone says "I plead the 5th"... that means they're more-than-likely guilty of knowing the answer to the question being asked, but because they have a Constitutional right in the United States to keep their mouths shut unless a grand jury demand their testimony, they will.

It doesn't matter what they say after that... they've already incriminated themselves at that point and aren't fooling anyone. When I hear someone say "I just don't know" after saying "I plead the 5th" I actually hear: 'Shit... I just incriminated myself... I better try to clean this up really quick and say I don't know anything.'

Don't be naive.

Well, this isn't actually a grand jury situation where somebody is upholding their constitutional rights. So that reference is a bit of an apples and oranges situation.

"It doesn't matter what they say after that".......and "they've already incriminated themselves"..............there is where you and I will just have to disagree.

I don't think it's fair to take bits and pieces of a comment from somebody to make their statement fit my own private agenda or wishes.

Just me personally, I take the full statement a person makes and not just half of a sentence. "I don't know anything, so I please the fifth." Who am I to pick and choose parts of what people say, and then say they are lying, and then say that they actually mean something else? That seems very arrogant.

How about this one, since you don't think the full sentence matters.

"I would shoot somebody, with the intent to kill, without second thought."

Does that mean I'm a scumbag cold blooded murderer?

How about we attach the rest of the sentence to it "If I walked into my child's bedroom and found a man raping her and holding a knife to her throat"

Does that change the context of my statement?

Bottom line, nobody on this forum knows what is going on with GnR, with Axl, and if there will or won't be a reunion.

To act like we know what these people know, or that we "know" what they really mean when they say things.........come on.

None of us know. There could be a reunion announcement next month. Or Axl could remain silent for the next six months and Fernando could come on here next May to announce that Axl has hired two new guitar players and the band will be releasing CD2 and starting a tour next November.

Speculation is all we have. And it's fun to speculate and debate various theories. But to act like any of us actually know anything? That just seems silly.

...Personally, I don't think any sort of reunion will happen. I'm basing that on absolutely nothing outside of my own gut feeling. ...

dude its happening

Huh?

just embrace it

But I don't though lol. See quote above.

And then the lingering question..

Why did DJ decide to quit. Nothing is going on, right? Why quit?

Oh, and why does it appear that Tommy is out?

Not sure if you're asking me, but if you are my answer remains: I don't know.

I would assume DJ & Ron left because the immediate GN'R futre (i.e. who knows how long) doesn't include any writing credits for them. As for Tommy, my guess is everything he needs to do is done outside of touring, so if/when there's a tour, he'd be available for it.

And then the lingering question..

Why did DJ decide to quit. Nothing is going on, right? Why quit?

Oh, and why does it appear that Tommy is out?

Not sure if you're asking me, but if you are my answer remains: I don't know.

I would assume DJ & Ron left because the immediate GN'R futre (i.e. who knows how long) doesn't include any writing credits for them. As for Tommy, my guess is everything he needs to do is done outside of touring, so if/when there's a tour, he'd be available for it.

In regards to BBF, he did state that he had recorded material for some of the rumored CD era tracks so it's possible there may be existing credits for those tracks if they were released. I can understand BBF leaving if there's no album planned and etc but DJ leaving out of the blue when supposedly "big things are about to happen for the band?" It doesn't make sense since nothing is going on right now with nugnr anyways.

There's a whole lot fo smoke coming from many different angles so something/anything must be going on.

Edited by Rustycage

...Personally, I don't think any sort of reunion will happen. I'm basing that on absolutely nothing outside of my own gut feeling. ...

dude its happening

Huh?

just embrace it

But I don't though lol. See quote above.

hahaha correction...

no...you don't want it to happen

but you know it probably will....

It is happening. Slash will finish his tour, a band which includes Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy and either Izzy, Gilby or Richard and either Steven or Matt will will record a new GnR album in 2016 and release it in 2017 as well as the 30th anniversary of AFD and tour in support of both those albums. It is ok. You can trust me.