Matt Sorum on reunion: "I plead the fifth"

But I don't though lol. See quote above.

hahaha correction...

no...you don't want it to happen

but you know it probably will....

Lol no, still incorrect. I don't care if it happens and I don't think it will.

Obviously mine or anyone else's guesses don't matter anyway. Like I said prior; if it does happen, I'll be happy for those who really want it, but I just don't think it will.

Lol no, still incorrect. I don't care if it happens.....

Huh?

What? I used to be against a reunion for various reasons. Nowadays, I don't care either way because Axl doing anything at all is better than what we currently have.

• Like 1

Ok, so the list of people who definitely don't know what's going on is as follows:

Steven Adler

Richard Forus

Matt Sorum

The Entirety of the Free World.

Did I miss anyone?

When someone 'pleads the 5th', referring to the 5th amendment of the United States, especially when asked a light hearted question, it generally means they DO know something... but they're not at liberty to tell you or anyone what they know. At least not at the moment.

He's in the loop. To what extent, that's anyone's guess. But he knows something is in the works. Especially laughing after saying he pleads the 5th.

You could translate it to: "You can bet your bottom dollar I know something or am a part of that, but the chances of me saying anything to you about it is NIL".

So I bet my bottom dollar on a reunion being in the works.

Haha, I'm aware of what "pleading the 5th" means. The problem is what he said after that.

Boy you really are hell bent on refusing to believe what's going on huh?! :lol:

And then the lingering question..

Why did DJ decide to quit. Nothing is going on, right? Why quit?

Oh, and why does it appear that Tommy is out?

Not sure if you're asking me, but if you are my answer remains: I don't know.

I would assume DJ & Ron left because the immediate GN'R futre (i.e. who knows how long) doesn't include any writing credits for them. As for Tommy, my guess is everything he needs to do is done outside of touring, so if/when there's a tour, he'd be available for it.

In regards to BBF, he did state that he had recorded material for some of the rumored CD era tracks so it's possible there may be existing credits for those tracks if they were released. I can understand BBF leaving if there's no album planned and etc but DJ leaving out of the blue when supposedly "big things are about to happen for the band?" It doesn't make sense since nothing is going on right now with nugnr anyways.

There's a whole lot fo smoke coming from many different angles so something/anything must be going on.

Fortus just did the same as Ashba! "Big things are coming" and nothing is coming. Like Ashba, he too was positive,then he admitted he knew nothing, then he quit. Fortus is ironically on a similar path as Dj and Tommy is on a similar path as Bumble, ironically.. lets see:

- Ashba Quit, but you could argue that he just was kind of forced to commit to one band or the other. Sixx AM releases music he writes and records as well as tours. It's his band. No competition. That could be either way...

-Bumblefoot still is silent and it's confirmed he's out of the band. I understand not wanting to say anything negative about guns since bumble said stuff for years, but,it's fishy...

- Everyone else in the band is clueless. And they know less now more than ever. No future, no sign of releasing music or even touring..

-The former members won't say anything. They either brush it off and answer very politically.

- Eddie Trunk is a legit source. It's not far fetched at all when he says things are being put "into motion". Places have been booked for next year. Realistically a reunion year of wouldn't happen in the calendar year of 2015, it would take longer.

In conclusion, it seems a reunion is in the works. I think a lot has to be worked out legally and it just makes no sense to announce anything right now in the event that things fall right off the handle or shit hits the fan. A lot of people won't believe it until it happens and they're on stage. Where there's smoke, there's a fire. If a reunion doesn't happen it certainly wouldnt be due to a lack of effort on anyone's part.

As far as Sorum goes, not sure. After hearing the context of his words, he clearly either doesn't know anything yet because they haven't gotten to him or he knows and just is playing stupid until they're ready to say something.

The guys outside of nugnr never play the cryptic answers game and now all of a sudden we're acting like it's normal for them?

Exactly. The irony...

Edited by Billsfan

Do people have a hard time believing that some Gn'R fans don't care about a reunion?

If by some miracle Axl gets in shape and starts acting like a professional, instead of ridiculing himself on the stage, I'd say go for it. Give the world the first real show of Guns N' Roses since Argentina, 1993. But, if Axl is going to reunite and perform like he has these last years. Fuck a reunion.

What are the chances of Axl actually giving a shit? Probably less than 0.

Duff said I'd be lying if I said we didn't talk about a reunion.

The fact that Duff talked to Axl about it and Axl didn't say no way is what got my attention.

What makes you believe he didn't say no way?
Because Duff also said it may happen, it may not happen. Axl could of said no way but Duff still thinks maybe.

But Axl could be evasive but really is never gonna.

I really think if Duff talked to Axl and Axl went no way, Duff would tell us straight. I think it's something they want so they keep hoping.

If Axl had said "no way", Slash wouldn't have said "never say never"... And there wouldn't be all these rumors about a possible reunion.

But there is a difference between rumors and facts.
Not when it comes to GNR.

True fiction or false fact.

Do people have a hard time believing that some Gn'R fans don't care about a reunion?

Yep. You're either a fan of the old or a fan of the new. If you're a fan of the new, it will be dissolved in a reunion. I can understand some in the general not caring but if you're a GNR fan, you're not exactly neutral.

As for this whole "plead the 5th" controversy goes, people NEVER say "I plead the 5th, I don't know anything" unless they know something. Those of you taking the "I don't know anything" part of that statement as some sort of fact are being a little naive. Those two statements almost always seem to go together, and are basically an admission that "yes I know something, but I'm not telling you" type of statement.

But having said that, I'm not saying that Sorum does indeed know something, it could honestly been a slip of a tounge and poorly chosen words. That is completely possible. But 99% of the time when someone says "I plead the 5th, I don't know anything." That does indeed mean they do know something. I just wanted to add my 2 cents to this, because people are hanging on to both sides of the coin like it's an admission or a denial of a reunion. Which I'm not saying it is either, but historically, saying what he said does mean he does know something. But again, it is possible that it was just poorly chosen words on his part. Nobody would ever confuse Sorum as being well spoken, lol.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

Yep. You're either a fan of the old or a fan of the new. If you're a fan of the new, it will be dissolved in a reunion. I can understand some in the general not caring but if you're a GNR fan, you're not exactly neutral.

I am fan of the old and the new, but i don't care too much about a reunion(at least with Slash). But i'll agree with some ppl, anything would be better than Bumble n Ashba.

I am fan of the old and the new, but i don't care too much about a reunion(at least with Slash). But i'll agree with some ppl, anything would be better than Bumble n Ashba.

I seriously doubt that if a reunion happens that you'll be meh about it.

Bucket and Robin reunion?

hahaha correction...

Obviously mine or anyone else's guesses don't matter anyway. Like I said prior; if it does happen, I'll be happy for those who really want it, but I just don't think it will.

ok, why don't you think it'll happen

top 3 reasons

astonish me

hahaha correction...

top 3 reasons

astonish me

1) Axl

2) Axl

3) Axl

• Like 1

hahaha correction...

top 3 reasons

astonish me

1) Axl

2) Axl

3) Axl

thats not really saying much and would've made sense 2 years ago

I like how people interpret anyone saying anything as "it's happening", "reunion starts now!", "they know something but can't talk about it", "it's in the works", etc.

The two main characters in this: Axl Rose and Slash (no offense to others who are great musicians as well) have yet to say anything. Last time we "heard" about Axl, he posted random stuff about how an Iranian journalist's wife couldn't play a soccer game, then filmed a Canadair in his backyard and finally posted a pic sending a shoutout to a Brazilian samba author/ player. Whatever that means about "reunion starts now!".

Slash keeps on posting random pics on Twitter/ Instagram (with no apparent link to GN'R or a reunion), will start a new European tour in a few weeks and will work on a new album with Myles Kennedy in the next few months. If he reunites with anyone, it will be with Myles. :)

As for Gilby, Matt or even Steven...when was the last time they shared a stage/ studio with Axl? If a reunion does happen (or actually if *anything* happens - the last show was well over a year ago), well good for us, but I don't see any "signs" pointing to it. Axl and Slash probably got a little bit "closer" as far as business relationship goes, with live releases and all but I highly doubt it means a full reunion is "in the works". I guess we're all waiting for one of them saying anything concrete about it (Slash didn't say anything since his "famous" interview...). Sorry about the rant but sometimes I just don't get how people think everything means a reunion is happening... ;)

• Like 2

I like how people interpret anyone saying anything as "it's happening", "reunion starts now!", "they know something but can't talk about it", "it's in the works", etc.

The two main characters in this: Axl Rose and Slash (no offense to others who are great musicians as well) have yet to say anything. Last time we "heard" about Axl, he posted random stuff about how an Iranian journalist's wife couldn't play a soccer game, then filmed a Canadair in his backyard and finally posted a pic sending a shoutout to a Brazilian samba author/ player. Whatever that means about "reunion starts now!".

Slash keeps on posting random pics on Twitter/ Instagram (with no apparent link to GN'R or a reunion), will start a new European tour in a few weeks and will work on a new album with Myles Kennedy in the next few months. If he reunites with anyone, it will be with Myles. :)

As for Gilby, Matt or even Steven...when was the last time they shared a stage/ studio with Axl? If a reunion does happen (or actually if *anything* happens - the last show was well over a year ago), well good for us, but I don't see any "signs" pointing to it. Axl and Slash probably got a little bit "closer" as far as business relationship goes, with live releases and all but I highly doubt it means a full reunion is "in the works". I guess we're all waiting for one of them saying anything concrete about it (Slash didn't say anything since his "famous" interview...). Sorry about the rant but sometimes I just don't get how people think everything means a reunion is happening... ;)

cause gnr is always about mystery and not knowing,,,, if we knew or anyone thought it was obvious it wouldn't be gnr

The more I think about it, I'm convinced he was just saying that to be coy and sound interesting.

I literally did that same tactic today just to fuck with a co-worker and it made me think of this thread after. We probably have all done that hundreds of times in our lives, it's just that it wasn't about anything that was as interesting as a GnR reunion.

I didn't say "plead the 5th" exactly

Co-worker: "Do you know why Jeff got let go?"

Me: "You didn't hear?!"

Co-Worker: "No! What happened?"

Me: "Oh, I uh.. I really don't know."

Co-worker: "Oh come on man, tell me."

Me: "No, I really don't know, I swear."

Meanwhile, I didn't even know Jeff got let go, so, no, I had 0.0% idea why, I just wanted this guy to think I knew to fuck with him and to make him think I knew all the inside shit at the company.

Like 20 minutes later I was in my office and it hit me "Fucking Matt! He doesn't know shit!"

Edited by DeadSlash

Bucket and Robin reunion?

This would be my preference. Although it is highly unlikely. At the moment Bucket is literally releasing 1 album per day. He's released more albums in October than Guns have in their entire career, so he's unlikely to return to Guns.