What lineup do you want to see reunite the most?

What lineup do you want to see reunite the most?  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So you don't understand that one of the old motorhead guys is dead and the other can't cut it these days. The guys that have been with the band longer can still put on a great show and still write great albums. No denying the old ones, but magic in a bottle doesn't necessarily have shelf life...

Moot point since no GN'R member has died (except Ole Beich). Besides, GN'R were not created like a band like Motörhead by which one member (Lemmy) dictates; this is why Axl's takeover is seen as such a gross insult by many. Fundamentally you are correct however, about not being able to recreate the magic, but seeing as we are discussing that hypothetical scenario we may as well pursue the argument. Besides, there is no magic in nugnr!

Adler is a douche for being a whiny fuck up that couldn't cut it and got fired from the band in the first place. Sorum, I don't really care. Adler can't be trusted and I'd pass over Sorum because that's what I'd do. Gilby lol.

Adler got fired from a band of hard core drug addicts for - lo and behold - being a drug addict! If you look up 'hypocrisy' in a dictionary, you will see something about the Adler dismissal. Adler then successfully, i.e. his dismissal was scrutinised by the judicial system, sued Guns N' Roses for millions. There is another side of the story.

As someone who prefers Adler and Appetite and does not generally like Sorum's brand of percussion, I still find it strange how one would prefer ''random person x'' over the guy who actually recorded songs which would theoretically be played on a reunion tour, e.g. November Rain, Estranged, You Could Be Mine, etc. There is more than hint of preferring an Elvis impersonator over Presley himself here.

Are you expecting to be taken seriously?

If you drink five pints and squint your eyes Fortus almost - almost - resembles Izzy!

Axl and Izzy started GnR and Axl was there throughout. Although other members had very strong input, especially on the most significant songs, Axl's the only one to be there the entire time. Not exactly the same as Lemmy's band though I definitely see. Plus, Lemmy's work ethic/production/lack of label or management battles cemented his current latest line up.

Seeing the last lineup of GnR live I know they had a lot more magic performance wise than most acts out there in the past decade or more.

That's what was sad about Adler, he got fired by other junkies. He was that bad he couldn't play.

Hypothetically I'd absolutely love and original line up reunion. But it'd never last for more than a show or two if that. Plus, being a fan of every lineup, I did find a member or two I like better than from the early 90s and 80s in Fortus. To each they're own.

Well you are clearly a new band fan who adopts - ''assumes'' - the 'Axl position'. I believe Axl is nothing without Izzy,Slash and Duff, and that the whole new band era has been one steaming pile of horse manure.

Since we are discussing a reunion of old gn'r (and not, say 2002 nugnr) it makes logical sense that that reunion can only include members from the 1985-1993 line-ups. I really do not know why you pursue this argument since nobody in their right mind would want nugnr members, given a genuine possibility that they could see the bona fide band!! It is like wanting Wings members in a Beatles reunion!!

Loool speaking about logcial sense when Axl is involved with something

Looool man so much lol

I will laugh hard if nothing happens reunion wise or Axl came out with Slah, Duff and 4tus and you will eat your words....

Rusty, no fanbase has ever envisioned a 'reunion' in the way you and other gnr fans do, mix and 'matchmaking' various band members of various disparate eras who have never even played together. Most people want a reunion which is seen as legitimate and, to the greatest extent possible, identifiable with a prior band formation. Since we are discussing a reunion of old gn'r (and not, say 2002 nugnr) it makes logical sense that that reunion can only include members from the 1985-1993 line-ups. I really do not know why you pursue this argument since nobody in their right mind would want nugnr members, given a genuine possibility that they could see the bona fide band!! It is like wanting Wings members in a Beatles reunion!!

Fortus instead of Gilby is one person and Gilby never produced anything with original GNR and it would not be a reunion in the way you envision. You'll never change that.

Rusty, no fanbase has ever envisioned a 'reunion' in the way you and other gnr fans do, mix and 'matchmaking' various band members of various disparate eras who have never even played together. Most people want a reunion which is seen as legitimate and, to the greatest extent possible, identifiable with a prior band formation. Since we are discussing a reunion of old gn'r (and not, say 2002 nugnr) it makes logical sense that that reunion can only include members from the 1985-1993 line-ups. I really do not know why you pursue this argument since nobody in their right mind would want nugnr members, given a genuine possibility that they could see the bona fide band!! It is like wanting Wings members in a Beatles reunion!!

Fortus instead of Gilby is one person and Gilby never produced anything with original GNR and it would not be a reunion in the way you envision. You'll never change that.

Certainly It would always be a second choice, Gilby instead of Izzy, but, Gilby at least carries the legitimacy and sentiment of the old band 'era' (1985-1993), playing with that band for 138 shows and on their last studio album. Richard Fortus has never played with Axl, Slash and Duff together (we honestly have no idea how well he would gel with Slash, like we do with Gilby), has no connection with the old band, and carries the obnoxious and intrusive demeanor of 'nugnr' which many find offensive.

By your own stubborn logic, better bring back Tracey and Roberta.

You can try to misrepresent what others have been saying a million more times. You can reference Abba cover bands that apparently you know about(lol) or the Spice Girl tribute bands that you know about (lol) but it doesn't compare to one replacement replacing another replacements. They're BOTH replacements that contributed nothing to original GNR. Without Izzy, it doesn't matter and you're dumb if you think Axl is going to abandon everyone but Dizzy so Gilby can come in. This when Axl NEVER considered him an equal part of that band.

You're pissing and moaning over Gilby freakin Clarke. Why? It isn't because of any tangible contribution. It is simply to parade around and post the point of "Everyone with Axl is a hack!11 durp!" It's as worn out as running around the board for years saying noting but, "lol Axl is fat. Durp."

One point you can never dodge is that the validity of a reunion tour or album DOES NOT hinge on Gilby/Fortus. So go ahead and post your pictures of Elvis, Abbazabbadoodoo, Spunk Girls or whoever, it doesn't even compare to this situation and isn't even worth addressing.

You can try to misrepresent what others have been saying a million more times. You can reference Abba cover bands that apparently you know about(lol) or the Spice Girl tribute bands that you know about (lol) but it doesn't compare to one replacement replacing another replacements. They're BOTH replacements that contributed nothing to original GNR. Without Izzy, it doesn't matter

By that logic, we await a reunion of Robert Gardner and Tracii Guns. Slash, Duff and Adler were 'replacements' may I remind you?

Why? they were never members of Guns N' Roses! Can you see Tracey and Roberta here as I certainly can't?

TSI_zpsa6j46fbh.jpg

Further,

The (pinball) game was designed after Izzy Stradlin left the band and Gilby started playing with us. It’s obvious that it was a forgone conclusion that Gilby would be in the band for keeps, as his picture was included on the big mural of the band on the game.

- Duff

http://www.laweekly.com/music/book-excerpt-duff-mckagan-recalls-the-bitter-dispute-over-the-guns-n-roses-pinball-machine-5557829

it doesn't matter and you're dumb if you think Axl is going to abandon everyone but Dizzy so Gilby can come in. This when Axl NEVER considered him an equal part of that band.

Well that is Axl's own stupidity and lack of logic. We are also dealing with hypotheticals anyway. Slash certainly considered Gilby a songwriting, collaborative, member, or he would never have demoed GN'R songs with him for the next gnr record in 1994.

You're pissing and moaning over Gilby freakin Clarke. Why? It isn't because of any tangible contribution. It is simply to parade around and post the point of "Everyone with Axl is a hack!11 durp!" It's as worn out as running around the board for years saying noting but, "lol Axl is fat. Durp."

Not true: my admiration for Pawnshop Guitars is hardly a forum secret - ask Barcardi. And I certainly consider 138 shows a 'tangible contribution'!

One point you can never dodge is that the validity of a reunion tour or album DOES NOT hinge on Gilby/Fortus. So go ahead and post your pictures of Elvis, Abbazabbadoodoo, Spunk Girls or whoever, it doesn't even compare to this situation and isn't even worth addressing.

The minute you move away from a Axl/Slash/Duff/Gilby/Sorum/Dizzy line-up (the last legitimate old band line-up) you are no longer discussing a 'reunion' of the old band. You may be discussing a rapprochement with Slash but not a genuine old band reunion.

• Like 1

There are so many things wrong with that post that I don't even want to bother. Starting with your first point. You seem to struggle with comparisons. Then a pinball machine.

Being a touring member is as relevant a contribution to the old band as releasing material and touring with Axl's GNR. Neither are relevant.

I get it. You have a thing for Gilby. That's fine. Argue for it all you like. I don't care. Don't misrepresent my position and I won't have a problem with it and likely won't take the time to respond. Continue to misrepresent and you'll just look like a jackass. It's your choice. :shrugs:

Then a pinball machine.

Is it not interesting that Gilby Clarke was used with imagery associated with 'Guns N' Roses' in a way in which Tracey and Roberta were not? There are six people in that TSI sleeve: one of them is Axl; one, Slash; the other Duff; Matt; and Gilby. GN'R's very own iconography and branding delineated 'Guns N' Roses/Gilby' from Tracey, Roberta, Teddy etc. Yet you continue to undervalue Gilby by attributing his relationship to the band to being as akin to 'Tracey and Roberta', a 'touring musician', etc.

It is clear that he was a 'Guns N' Roses' member.

I can't see a reunion of AFD line up happening unless it's Vegas Res.

I can see a hybrid line up that will kind of confuse everyone. It will be a reunion in a way but Frank and Fortus even Pitman might be there.

I think Also Slash and Duff might just join Axl's band rather than get involved with legal and paying for riots etc.

Straight swaps Slash for Ron, Duff for Tommy, Izzy for Dj keep everyone else. It will be seen as a reunion.

But first CD II next year maybe.

Fans at the reunion:

"Who the fuck is that guy?"

"Have you not played the official Guns N' Roses pinball machine?"

"Oh, right. Him. How silly of me?"

The 'fan' in question would have presumably already known who it was if he had attended any one of 138 1992-93 gigs, flicked through their "The Spaghetti Incident?" booklet or seen any one of seven music promos, featuring Gilby Clarke: he wouldn't need a pinball machine to tell him who it was!

Heck, he merely would have needed to buy major rock magazines at the time,

7g4cbgbkgcf4c4g4_zpslncqhqjh.jpg

Slash-Gilby-Clarke-Guitar-World-1992_zps

fm2fkbguzk0cfc2z_zpsi1ymj4id.jpg

(I notice the Tracey and Roberta, apparently ''of the same standing as Gilby'', were not making similar periodicals by the way.)

Depressing example of a rhetorical joke with more holes than Swiss cheese!

Touring members are touring members. Singing backup vocals is no less than covering another guitarist's riffs. It's obviously hard for you to get but it's not really that hard.

Tell me, where are Tracey Amos, Roberta Freeman and Teddy Andreadis on the following image?

TSI_zpsa6j46fbh.jpg

Since there is one 'touring member' already present, Gilby Clarke, logic would dictate that the rest of the 'touring members' should be present also!

You'll never get it. Are you the guy that walks around with TSI just to show people who Gilby is? No one gives a fuck about TSI and who Izzy's understudy was. Just like they don't care who his understudy is now. Or Slash's. Or Duff's. Or Adler and Matt's.

"Oh, wow. Dizzy Reed is playing the local Starbucks tonight."

"It's cool. We should still be able to get a table."

"Not if Gilby is there!"

• Like 1

the amount of Guns N' Roses songs written or contributed to in any way whatsoever by Gilby Clarke: 0 (shorthand for zero, the number that represents absolute nothingness)

And for real though

If we're going down this "they intended for Gilby to do big things" route, I could say the same for NuGNR.

Axl intended for the Nu lineup to bury AFD and be better than the old one. Why even reunite when we could reunite the lineup that was intended to be the best?

the amount of Guns N' Roses songs written or contributed to in any way whatsoever by Gilby Clarke: 0 (shorthand for zero, the number that represents absolute nothingness)

Since when has songwriting contributions ever been a determiner upon band status? Well the majority of nugnr are fucked as a band! Also, so Adler was also a 'touring member' and not a Guns N' Roses member? Has Charlie Watts ever been a Stone? Presumably Roger Daltrey was something less than a member of The Who? A lot of pop groups would struggle!! So the Supremes and Jackson 5 never actually existed since they never wrote their own material?

Your second point is incorrect since Gilby played rhythm guitar on TSI.

There's an unrealistic expectation that a reunion will mean picking up where they left off so just get Gilby after Izzy and carry on. It's fantasy land. Especially when Gilby wasn't even in the future plans back then.

Axl's view alone. Slash and Matt obviously included him in the future plans since they wrote and recorded 'GN'R' demos with him in 1994. Also, Slash disagreed with his sacking - why do you continue to ignore these facts?