What lineup do you want to see reunite the most?

What lineup do you want to see reunite the most?  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love how everybody's talking about the reunion like it's factually going to happen.

No kidding, I was playing a bar last weekend, a guy came up and asked me if I liked Guns and matter of factly told me the original lineup were touring for the 30th anniversary of AFD next year. I bet this is going on the world over. If this isn't happening, not shutting down this rumour will be the final nail in the coffin of Axl's career. Well done, TB you useless cu- *bzzzzt* Well done TB! I love you guys! You're keeping the legacy alive :D

• Like 1

I'm excited about Axl releasing Silkworms next year and hitting the road with only Fortus as the one guitarist, Pitman and Dizzy dueling synths, Frank and Tommy out of detox rounding out the line up. The hostility will fuel the fire to hit Vegas again for a AFD residency.

Please no Sorum or Clarke.

Fortus and Frank over them any and every day if Izzy doesn't want to do it. And well, Adler would need duck tape over his mouth to stop douche from coming out and drug free handlers holding his hand

Fortus and Frank over them any and every day if Izzy doesn't want to do it. And well, Adler would need duck tape over his mouth to stop douche from coming out and drug free handlers holding his hand

Why on earth someone would want two hacks playing a so called 'reunion' instead of genuine old band members, one of which recorded the Illusion double album, i.e. around half of the old band's recordings, is beyond me. But this forum is beyond me. Reunion apparently means Richard Fortus! Bizarre lot, gnr fans.

• Like 2

Why on earth someone would want two hacks playing a so called 'reunion' instead of genuine old band members, one of which recorded the Illusion double album, i.e. around half of the old band's recordings, is beyond me. But this forum is beyond me. Reunion apparently means Richard Fortus! Bizarre lot, gnr fans.

Because some people just didn't like Sorum and Clarke. Simple as that. They're not originals anyway. Too bad Adler's a douche these days. I'd rather the best band out of all of the lineups.

Speaking of newer members vs older members, just look at Motorhead. Want the old guys up there?

Because some people just didn't like Sorum and Clarke. Simple as that. They're not originals anyway. Too bad Adler's a douche these days. I'd rather the best band out of all of the lineups.

Speaking of newer members vs older members, just look at Motorhead. Want the old guys up there?

Yes, yes, and yes. The Fast Eddie Clark/Filthy Animal Taylor line-up was infinitely superior to any other Motorhead line-up, producing such masterpieces as Overkill, Ace of Spades and Bomber!

Let me get this straight, you think that Adler, the drummer who drummed on gn'r's one seminal contribution to the music industry, is a 'douche', hate Sorum, who contributed thirty songs and played 194 gigs during their peak period, and hate Gilby who recorded a covers record and played 138 gigs?

I think you better stick to your hacks n' overdubs band.

It gives him a warm fuzzy feeling to see the image of a guy that did zero recordings of original material for GNR simply because "1993."

Just for you Rusty, here is Grimbsy's leading Spice Girl interpreters,

spice-girls-tribute-band.jpg?w=748&h=486

a much more legitimate entity than the original five slags.

Yes, yes, and yes. The Fast Eddie Clark/Filthy Animal Taylor line-up was infinitely superior to any other Motorhead line-up, producing such masterpieces as Overkill, Ace of Spades and Bomber!

Let me get this straight, you think that Adler, the drummer who drummed on gn'r's one seminal contribution to the music industry, is a 'douche', hate Sorum, who contributed thirty songs and played 194 gigs during their peak period, and hate Gilby who recorded a covers record and played 138 gigs?

I think you better stick to your hacks n' overdubs band.

So you don't understand that one of the old motorhead guys is dead and the other can't cut it these days. The guys that have been with the band longer can still put on a great show and still write great albums. No denying the old ones, but magic in a bottle doesn't necessarily have shelf life...

Adler is a douche for being a whiny fuck up that couldn't cut it and got fired from the band in the first place. Sorum, I don't really care. Adler can't be trusted and I'd pass over Sorum because that's what I'd do. Gilby lol.

So you don't understand that one of the old motorhead guys is dead and the other can't cut it these days. The guys that have been with the band longer can still put on a great show and still write great albums. No denying the old ones, but magic in a bottle doesn't necessarily have shelf life...

Moot point since no GN'R member has died (except Ole Beich). Besides, GN'R were not created like a band like Motörhead by which one member (Lemmy) dictates; this is why Axl's takeover is seen as such a gross insult by many. Fundamentally you are correct however, about not being able to recreate the magic, but seeing as we are discussing that hypothetical scenario we may as well pursue the argument. Besides, there is no magic in nugnr!

Adler is a douche for being a whiny fuck up that couldn't cut it and got fired from the band in the first place. Sorum, I don't really care. Adler can't be trusted and I'd pass over Sorum because that's what I'd do. Gilby lol.

Adler got fired from a band of hard core drug addicts for - lo and behold - being a drug addict! If you look up 'hypocrisy' in a dictionary, you will see something about the Adler dismissal. Adler then successfully, i.e. his dismissal was scrutinised by the judicial system, sued Guns N' Roses for millions. There is another side of the story.

As someone who prefers Adler and Appetite and does not generally like Sorum's brand of percussion, I still find it strange how one would prefer ''random person x'' over the guy who actually recorded songs which would theoretically be played on a reunion tour, e.g. November Rain, Estranged, You Could Be Mine, etc. There is more than hint of preferring an Elvis impersonator over Presley himself here.

Are you expecting to be taken seriously?

If you drink five pints and squint your eyes Fortus almost - almost - resembles Izzy!

Rusty, no fanbase has ever envisioned a 'reunion' in the way you and other gnr fans do, mix and 'matchmaking' various band members of various disparate eras who have never even played together. Most people want a reunion which is seen as legitimate and, to the greatest extent possible, identifiable with a prior band formation. Since we are discussing a reunion of old gn'r (and not, say 2002 nugnr) it makes logical sense that that reunion can only include members from the 1985-1993 line-ups. I really do not know why you pursue this argument since nobody in their right mind would want nugnr members, given a genuine possibility that they could see the bona fide band!! It is like wanting Wings members in a Beatles reunion!!

Moot point since no GN'R member has died (except Ole Beich). Besides, GN'R were not created like a band like Motörhead by which one member (Lemmy) dictates; this is why Axl's takeover is seen as such a gross insult by many. Fundamentally you are correct however, about not being able to recreate the magic, but seeing as we are discussing that hypothetical scenario we may as well pursue the argument. Besides, there is no magic in nugnr!

Adler got fired from a band of hard core drug addicts for - lo and behold - being a drug addict! If you look up 'hypocrisy' in a dictionary, you will see something about the Adler dismissal. Adler then successfully, i.e. his dismissal was scrutinised by the judicial system, sued Guns N' Roses for millions. There is another side of the story.

As someone who prefers Adler and Appetite and does not generally like Sorum's brand of percussion, I still find it strange how one would prefer ''random person x'' over the guy who actually recorded songs which would theoretically be played on a reunion tour, e.g. November Rain, Estranged, You Could Be Mine, etc. There is more than hint of preferring an Elvis impersonator over Presley himself here.

Are you expecting to be taken seriously?

If you drink five pints and squint your eyes Fortus almost - almost - resembles Izzy!

Axl and Izzy started GnR and Axl was there throughout. Although other members had very strong input, especially on the most significant songs, Axl's the only one to be there the entire time. Not exactly the same as Lemmy's band though I definitely see. Plus, Lemmy's work ethic/production/lack of label or management battles cemented his current latest line up.

Seeing the last lineup of GnR live I know they had a lot more magic performance wise than most acts out there in the past decade or more.

That's what was sad about Adler, he got fired by other junkies. He was that bad he couldn't play.

Hypothetically I'd absolutely love and original line up reunion. But it'd never last for more than a show or two if that. Plus, being a fan of every lineup, I did find a member or two I like better than from the early 90s and 80s in Fortus. To each they're own.