What lineup do you want to see reunite the most?

What lineup do you want to see reunite the most?  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would accept Gilby but Izzy and Steven would be missed. I do not believe in this 'Axl and Slash, nobody else matters'' policy.

It's good that you don't believe it because no one said that "nobody else matters." They are the prime focus. Always has been and always will be in regards to the reunion. You can replace Izzy and Steven but you can't replace Slash.

You chuck Axl and Slash together with a bunch of new members and you get heavy metal.

This is total bullshit. There is nothing "heavy metal" about Fortus.

I would accept Gilby but Izzy and Steven would be missed. I do not believe in this 'Axl and Slash, nobody else matters'' policy.

It's good that you don't believe it because no one said that "nobody else matters." They are the prime focus. Always has been and always will be in regards to the reunion. You can replace Izzy and Steven but you can't replace Slash.

You chuck Axl and Slash together with a bunch of new members and you get heavy metal.

You misquote me. Axl+Slash equates 'metal' (or big ballads). You need Izzy and Adler there to provide the swing. Appetite would not be 5% the album it would be without the rhythm section. In my opinion Stradlin is the heart and soul of Guns.

You misquote me. Axl+Slash equates 'metal' (or big ballads). You need Izzy and Adler there to provide the swing. Appetite would not be 5% the album it would be without the rhythm section. In my opinion Stradlin is the heart and soul of Guns.

There's nothing metal about Axl or Slash either. They draw comparisons to Tyler/Perry and Jagger/Richards for a reason and it isn't for some "metal" factor.

There's nothing metal about Axl or Slash either. They draw comparisons to Tyler/Perry and Jagger/Richards for a reason and it isn't for some "metal" factor.

Listen to Coma and Locomotive. Where is the swing? You need Stradlin and Adler - Duff also who adds his spikey punk-pop bass lines.

Listen to Coma and Locomotive. Where is the swing? You need Stradlin and Adler - Duff also who adds his spikey punk-pop bass lines.

For starters, Coma and Locomotive are not songs relevant to the general public. Second, it is TWO songs. Slash is Blues-Rock in phrasing and tone. Axl is more on the page of Tyler and Plant in style than he is in Metal.

What made them great was that they didn't fit any sort of mold. They weren't metal. They weren't punk. They were genuinely their own band.

You lose the swing and rhythm if you take those guys out. Firstly Matt is a Bonhamesque masher. Secondly Axl wanted Elton John style drumming on the Illusion ballads, bong bong-bong-bong. Thirdly, Slash or somebody turned down Izzy's guitar or excised it altogether (or if you believe them, Stradlin wasn't showing up to the studio). The result is a band far closer to Zeppelin - perhaps 'metal' is a bit strong - than the Stones or Aerosmith (or the heroes of those bands). The pomposity of Illusions also detracted from any sort of raw punkiness.

You have to remember that a lot of people loved the more low key Hanoi Rocks image and style of Izzy and Duff. I lot of people found the Axl n' Slash thing off putting and gravitated towards the cool guys in the background.

Edited by DieselDaisy

What amazes me is how many of you think that a reunion at this point could be anything better than a heap of cold shit. I mean does anybody REALLY reckon that these old duffers getting together could ever be anything approaching what they once were? Seriously now, hand on heart?

A reunion will be a hell of a lot better than what has been going on with nugnr. Not only have they embarrassed themselves(mainly Axl), they've been shitting all over the classics(DJ Ashba).

Now, all anyone thinks about when the subject of GNR comes up is a fat Axl that fought Hilfiger and can't sing with a bunch of impostors and freaks backing him up.

Compare that to an aging real GNR to where they cant run around like before and a motivated Axl(as he is rumored to be).

Which is better?

• Like 1

What amazes me is how many of you think that a reunion at this point could be anything better than a heap of cold shit. I mean does anybody REALLY reckon that these old duffers getting together could ever be anything approaching what they once were? Seriously now, hand on heart?

You usually get a good reunion cheesy nostalgia hit if it is does right. Think Kiss 1996, Zep at the 02.

What about Pistols 1996? 'We are fat, forty and back''?

Adler does provide that '40s style big bang swing.

You usually get a good reunion cheesy nostalgia hit if it is does right. Think Kiss 1996, Zep at the 02.

What about Pistols 1996? 'We are fat, forty and back''?

The Pistols prove my point because they weren't nothing like they were back in the day...but they had an angle, they had a certain mystique about them, being a band that didn't really get a lot of gigging done, also their band kinda petered out in a really untidy way and it was about tying it back up, also The Pistols have a healthy sense of their own ridiculousness which serves to circumvent the sorts of criticisms I'm talking about, can you imagine Axl pulling his gut out and going 'FAT, FIFTY AND BACK!', the Pistols were always horrid so they didn't really have a lot to live up to, they went from horrid snotty teenagers to horrid fat old beer and pie monsters, they were all singing all dancing cool guy pretty boys, they were just a bunch of wallys. You couldn't even accuse them of selling out cuz they just came out of the blocks going 'we're in it for the money!', it's difficult to accusing a band that came up with The Great Rock n Roll Swindle as being in it for the money y'know?

But it wasn't a serious reunion like what forumers on here are baying for, a reunion and new music and picking up where they left off kinda thing.

Guns don't really have an angle here, a bunch of guys decided to stop behaving like tarts is basically all thats happened, which i suppose you could say about The Pistols but they were something we were sort of starved of, had there been a band, fronted by Steve Jones with no other members of The Pistols in it touring around the world for years after their demise i imagine a reunion of the original line up would've been that much less impressive in The Pistols case too.

The Pistols set the whole thing up to be hilairious, fun, a big piss take, can you imagine Axl having that kind of sense of humour about himself or his work? Can you imagine a press conference like this from GnR? :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

But he isn't reliable. When you're posting videos of him in the past while he is only like what... 1 year sober? Close to 2 or something? He's been falling off of the wagon for over 20 years. AKA "not reliable."

Steven has shown that his addiction affects his ability to commit and perform like needed. The rest could march through it.

I don't really care who is in the band.

I just wish Axl would release CD2.

And if there is any sort of a reunion, that the reunion line-up releases a new album as well.

Axl has been touring (off and on) for almost 30 years.

The classic line up (including Sorum) did like 600 shows together.

Seeing Axl and Slash share the stage again, in their 50s, really has no excitement for me.

But new music......that's an exciting thought.

• Like 1

But he isn't reliable. When you're posting videos of him in the past while he is only like what... 1 year sober? Close to 2 or something? He's been falling off of the wagon for over 20 years. AKA "not reliable."

Steven has shown that his addiction affects his ability to commit and perform like needed. The rest could march through it.

yeah, Slash78456464746 is probably still think the date is 1996 or something

Sorry, but I had to post this for the people who think Steven is not reliable and can't play.

Well, no one said that Steven is not skilled or he is worse than Sorum. But, do you honestly believe he can carry a whole reunion tour ? I doubt that. I don't want to be misunderstood : I love Steven, but in that case, i prefer Matt 'cause he is done with the shit, and he can handle a whole tour.Steven can show up for some AFD songs. The biggest enemy Steven ever had, is own self.

Best case scenario: Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Adler/Dizzy (for Illusion ballads).

2nd best: Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy. Adler (on AFD/Lies tracks), Matt on UYI tracks.

3rd: Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Sorum/Dizzy.

4th: Axl/Slash/Duff/Gilby/Sorum/Dizzy

Worst case scenario: Axl/Slash/Duff and a bunch of nu gnr hacks

Even more worse scenario: Axl continues his circus joke of a band.

• Like 2

Sorry, but I had to post this for the people who think Steven is not reliable and can't play.

Well, no one said that Steven is not skilled or he is worse than Sorum. But, do you honestly believe he can carry a whole reunion tour ? I doubt that. I don't want to be misunderstood : I love Steven, but in that case, i prefer Matt 'cause he is done with the shit, and he can handle a whole tour.Steven can show up for some AFD songs. The biggest enemy Steven ever had, is own self.

Good post. It is exactly what I think. The man can play, that's for sure, but would he be able to handle a reunion tour for year(s) without fucking it up? Highly doubt it.

Worst case scenario, he relapses and overdoses. Headlines: "Steven Adler dies because of a reunion!"

I don't think a reunion would be as extensive as some of you are expecting. My guess is there'll be a handful of massive stadium gigs and the odd festival date in the summer and then they'll go their separate ways again.

With or without Adler, we're not getting a Use Your Illusion length tour. Axl is done. There's nothing wrong with that at his age. The next tour is his 'stay of execution' and Slash has a successful career away from GNR where he gets to be creative and release stuff to get back to.

I don't think a reunion would be as extensive as some of you are expecting. My guess is there'll be a handful of massive stadium gigs and the odd festival date in the summer and then they'll go their separate ways again.

With or without Adler, we're not getting a Use Your Illusion length tour. Axl is done. There's nothing wrong with that at his age. The next tour is his 'stay of execution' and Slash has a successful career away from GNR where he gets to be creative and release stuff to get back to.

Axl isn't done. He just needs some kind of motivation to get excited about what he's doing.

I hope they'll come to Europe.

I see Axl n Izzy as Jagger/Richards and Axl n Slash as like Tyler/Perry. Izzy is the Dylan of the 90s. That's why GNR are so good it's like 4 or 5 bands in one. They have Criss of Kiss on drums, Sid Thunders on bass. Slash has hard rock covered from DC to Zepp. Duff and Izzy have the rootsy Thin Lizzy Ramones punk driving pocket. Then Axl's aesthetic of Queen mixing pot and Jimmy Page studio pimp. Wow it went right outta the stadium!