What lineup do you want to see reunite the most?

What lineup do you want to see reunite the most?  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Sorum

Sorum is better and more reliable than Steven. yeah the original lineup is more romantic but whatever. I'd want a reunion that will work and Steven would just piss everyone off I think,.

I also voted no to Dizzy because honestly he's not needed. If they had him whatever but I couldn't care less about Dizzy to be honest.

Back up singers? Get the fuck outta here! NO!

If they go Adler no need for Dizzy.

But the Illusion era line up needs Dizzy so they can do a few of those songs. Like Estranged.

But then no Adler it's not the line up Izzy likes. That line up is where the lightning happened. Is that too romantic?

But if we just doing a "reunion" then

Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Fortus, Frank, Pitman

will be a reunion that sells and is safe.

AFD lineup of course! If Adler isn't capable of doing it then there's no other choice than Sorum.

I don't care about Dizzy. The lesser musicians involved in a reunion the better but if Axl thinks Dizzy is necessary then keep him. The rest has nothing to do with a reunion and shouldn't be named in the same sentence as a GNR reunion in the first place.

Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Steven All the way.

I would like to see Dizzy or Teddy Zigzag cause I want them to play Locomotive. but Pitman FUCK NO.

Yeah Steven is a big mouth and if there is a reunion, he will take the credit that Axl and Slash talked cause of him and the reunion happened cause of him, Steven is reliable, he can really play well, Im sure he can handle a reunion, if you disagree with me then check his band Adler, just go to see him live. He is pretty harmless, he just has a big mouth.

I would like to see Matt also to play a few songs, but Frank Ferrer is a BIG NO

If Izzy bails out, then they should bring Gilby, again Gilby is pretty good for rhythm.

Fortus is an amazing guitarist, including him with Slash will be a waste of Talent, like If Slash is there then I want Slash to play all his solo's, I dont want Fortus to be playing NR or YCBM solo in front of Slash.

I really don't get why the hell people want that useless Titman in the band?

IF somehow the line up is Axl/Slash/Duff/Fortus/Ferrer/Pitman then really they should not call themselves Guns N' Roses. Im a big fan of Axl/Slash/Duff but they have no right to call themselves Guns N' Roses cause Izzy/Steven/Gilby/Matt are as much as a part of it.

I would also have Gilby/Sorum providing guest spots; you could have an 'Illusion sequence' of about two-three songs featuring those two at mid point in the show.

Why would you have Gilby guesting on songs he had no hand in writing or recording?

I would have them playing Down on the Farm or one of the better TSI tracks, just to represent that era.

AFD lineup is what I would want to see most, but I'd be OK with Sorum on drums if Adler was out of the question.

Dizzy? bring him out for the numbers where he is needed.

Izzy has said he'd be up for a reunion if it ever happened, I think he could and would apply himself if it ever did.

Why the do people have this weird desire for Pitman and Frank in a reunion. That's not a reunion. It's NuGnR fan's dream lineup. the are not one in the same. Truth is Pitman is completely useless and pointless and if you have Matt available that covers the reliability aspect so wyh would Frank be anywhere near a reunion? . Richard makes sense as Izzy and Gilby may not be involved but fucking Pitman and Frank? NO!

Matt is okay, but there would be some continuity with Frank and Fortus. They are solid. Pitman just triggers of pyro with his keyboard and uses orange fanta as a mixer. That's good enough for me.

I wouldn't call it a reunion. GNR didn't break up, some members just left for a while.

If you want this old Guns victory over the modern line up thing then you have go Adler or Matt, get Izzy for sure and maybe Dizzy is okay. That's a reunion. But if you don't have Izzy or Adler it feels a bit less like a reunion.

But it's all good from Diego to the Bay.

Edited by wasted

Why the do people have this weird desire for Pitman and Frank in a reunion. That's not a reunion. It's NuGnR fan's dream lineup. the are not one in the same. Truth is Pitman is completely useless and pointless and if you have Matt available that covers the reliability aspect so wyh would Frank be anywhere near a reunion? . Richard makes sense as Izzy and Gilby may not be involved but fucking Pitman and Frank? NO!

Some people here seem to have a weird conception of a 'reunion'. Usually when bands reunite it is to a distinct line-up or whatever can be salvaged from that line-up (considering deaths and serious disputes) to create, either a band that has been defunct for many years (e.g. Zeppelin for an one off gig), or, a more legitimate entity than a current line-up - case in point of the latter,

Purple early '70s ''Mark II'' reunion in 1984

70's Kiss in 1996

'70's classic line-up Status Quo, 2013-14

By speaking of 'old band' reunion we restrict ourselves to 1985-93ish. The members then can only conceivably be extracted from the following list of old band 'Guns N' Roses' members,

Axl

Slash

Izzy

Duff

Adler

Dizzy

Matt

Gilby

It is that simple. People like Fortus or Pitman cannot be part of a reunion since they were never part of the old band to begin with!

Edited by DieselDaisy

But I dont think anyone cares whether it's Matt or Frank. And maybe if Fortus replaces Izzy no one will be that bothered?

But for the me the AFD line up is special. That's the reunion. Don't hate Matt but he was a replacement.

So I can see why people wouldn't care if it's Matt/Frank or Izzy/Fortus but to me a real ball tingling reunion is the AFD line up. After that you can tour with Matt or Big Bird I don't care.

Matt Sorum played 194 shows for GN'R and played on three studio albums. For many (and I say this as somebody who prefers Adler and Appetite era) he is the GN'R drummer. Gilby played 138 gigs and one studio album (albeit a covers album). They should at least be considered as replacements before players such as Frank, Fortus and Pitman who have no connection with the old band whatsoever.

• Like 1

I think so but I don't care that much. AFD line up or die.

I would prefer the Appetite line-up also but then, with a question mark over Adler and Stradlin (for different reasons) the obvious replacements should come from the old band era itself, i.e. Sorum/Gilby, and not the new band. For the public, the new band are an aberration.

Do you think Kiss fans were discussing Kullick-Criss hybrid monstrosities in 1996?

Edited by DieselDaisy

I think so but I don't care that much. AFD line up or die.

I would prefer the Appetite line-up also but then, with a question mark over Adler and Stradlin (for different reasons) the obvious replacements should come from the old band era itself, i.e. Sorum/Gilby, and not the new band. For the public, the new band are an aberration.

Do you think Kiss fans were discussing Kullick-Criss hybrid monstrosities in 1996?

No, but was Criss as publically a no go? They seem kind of similar in naviety but Steven seems more of a liability. Criss stayed in his room for the reunion. So i think Matt, the public will accept that.

Izzy too but not out of real knowledge. Out of ignorance. Don't want to be a snob but no Izzy no reunion. It would be like Gene and Stanley reunion. With Izzy and Adler the Ace and Criss who get left out so they can make more money.

I think when Izzy goes to Axl and they decide to do it, Slash, Duff and Steven will be ready.

No one will question it, will be go time.

It's just what Izzy has been planning all along.

I would accept Gilby but Izzy and Steven would be missed. I do not believe in this 'Axl and Slash, nobody else matters'' policy. I seem to remember people knowing the other members also and it is about the sound created by all members. You chuck Axl and Slash together with a bunch of new members and you get heavy metal. You throw in Adler and Izzy and you get rock n' roll. Sorum was not able to recreate the 'Appetite sound' so there is no reason why Frank should.

I would accept Gilby but Izzy and Steven would be missed. I do not believe in this 'Axl and Slash, nobody else matters'' policy. I seem to remember people knowing the other members also and it is about the sound created by all members. You chuck Axl and Slash together with a bunch of new members and you get heavy metal. You throw in Adler and Izzy and you get rock n' roll. Sorum was not able to recreate the 'Appetite sound' so there is no reason why Frank should.

AFD was huge nobody really cared about Matt or Gilby. I saw the last show Izzy did. He was playing solo songs, people know him. Not entirely sure if anyone noticed Adler was gone. But he did make headlines. People have some sort of nerdy romantic love of that line up.

But I think there's some kind of compromise between the VR boys and Axl taking Fortus, but I feel like Izzy will step up and make it happen. Then it's just Adler for the Vegas Residency and that will be epic. Packed insanity.

AFD was huge nobody really cared about Matt or Gilby.

But I think there's some kind of compromise between the VR boys and Axl taking Fortus, but I feel like Izzy will step up and make it happen.

It's a strange day when wasted is making sense.