Reunion Setlist?

On 30 de diciembre de 2015 at 9:50 PM, davhern said:

There've been threads about this before, but since it's pretty much real now, I figured I'd post this in here...

I'm including a CD song and a VR song for shits and giggles, but I highly doubt they'd actually get played.

1. Nightrain

2. Mr. Brownstone

3. It's So Easy

4. Live and Let Die

5. Welcome to the Jungle

6. Double Talkin Jive

7. Don't Cry

8. Civil War

9. Wild Horses/Patience

10. November Rain

11. Rocket Queen

12. My Michelle

13. Nice Boys

14. Fall to Pieces

15. Estranged

16. Sweet Child O' Mine

17. Used to Love Her

18. Estranged

19. Coma

20. You Could Be Mine

21. There Was a Time

22. Knockin on Heaven's Door

23. Paradise City

1. Welcome to the Jungle

2. Mr. Brownstone

3. It's So Easy

4. Live and Let Die

5. Nightrain

6. Street of Dreams

7. Civil War

8. Patience

9. Intro/ November Rain

10. Rocket Queen

11. My Michelle

12. Catcher in the Rye

13. Chinese Democracy

14. Estranged

15. Guitar Solos?

16. Sweet Child O' Mine

17. Used to Love Her

18. Estranged

19. You Could Be Mine

20. There Was a Time

21. Knockin on Heaven's Door

22. Don't Cry

23. Paradise City

8 hours ago, wasted said:

Get in the Ring

It's so Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Welcome to the Jungle

Ain't it Fun

Live n Let Die

Double Talking Jive

The Godfather

Sweet Child O Mine

Out ta Get Me 

My Michelle

Think About You

Coma

Attitude

Down on the Farm

Raw Power

Don't Damn Me 

Locomotive

Nightrain

encore

Rocket Queen 

Bad Obsession

Don't Cry

Paradise City

This is great and no CD songs! 

11 hours ago, wasted said:

Get in the Ring

It's so Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Welcome to the Jungle

Ain't it Fun

Live n Let Die

Double Talking Jive

The Godfather

Sweet Child O Mine

Out ta Get Me 

My Michelle

Think About You

Coma

Attitude

Down on the Farm

Raw Power

Don't Damn Me 

Locomotive

Nightrain

encore

Rocket Queen 

Bad Obsession

Don't Cry

Paradise City

Dude, no November Rain? WTF. Can't wait for Slash to play those solo's again.

I kinda hope this lineup tweaks more songs than just KOHD... I'm thinking specifically This I Love. I hope they at least try it one more time a half step down:

Either way though, I can't wait to hear Slash's take on the solo if they play this song. I can't wait to hear Estranged either. Or Nightrain. Fuck I'm so stoked for these shows! :D

Edited by Gordon Comstock

9 minutes ago, AtGame7 said:

All I know is if I don't hear "Mr. Brownstone" there is gonna be trouble, lots of trouble.

Otherwise, "Attitude" would be cool as would "Nice Boys" or even "Reckless Life".

You'll hear Brownstone ;)

Nice Boys or Reckless Life would kick ass too if Axl is up for it.

2 hours ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

agreed they HAVE to play November Rain!!! of course I will probably cry uncontrollably because that song has a lot of meaning to me and to see Axl sing it with Slash playing?  it will be HEAVENLY:wow:

• Like 1

Reckless Life with Axl in 2010-form would be amazing. Nice boys is one of the rare songs that he still sings well even in his off years, like You're Crazy or There Was A Time. Fuck it, it's been a while since I posted a setlist, here's today's re-vamped version :lol:

1. Nightrain
2. Mr. Brownstone
3. It's So Easy
4. Rekless Life /or/ Nice Boys
5. Welcome To The Jungle
6. Attitude /or/ New Rose
7. You're Crazy [Lies]
8. Dizzy Solo / Street of Dreams /or/ This I Love
9. Rocket Queen
10. Knockin' On Heavens Door
11. You Could Be Mine
12. Double Talkin' Jive
13. Civil War
14. Bad Obsession /or/ Marseilles /or/ Down On The Farm
15. There Was A Time
16. Axl Solo / November Rain
17. Bad Apples (Give us one rarity or something! lol)
18. Don't Cry
19. Slash solo / Sweet Child O' Mine

20. Estranged
21. Patience
22.Paradise City

Good Fuckin' Night  :axl:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Reckless Life with Axl in 2010-form would be amazing. Nice boys is one of the rare songs that he still sings well even in his off years, like You're Crazy or There Was A Time. Fuck it, it's been a while since I posted a setlist, here's today's re-vamped version :lol:

1. Nightrain
2. Mr. Brownstone
3. It's So Easy
4. Rekless Life /or/ Nice Boys
5. Welcome To The Jungle
6. Attitude /or/ New Rose
7. You're Crazy [Lies]
8. Dizzy Solo / Street of Dreams /or/ This I Love
9. Rocket Queen
10. Knockin' On Heavens Door
11. You Could Be Mine
12. Double Talkin' Jive
13. Civil War
14. Bad Obsession /or/ Marseilles /or/ Down On The Farm
15. There Was A Time
16. Axl Solo / November Rain
17. Bad Apples (Give us one rarity or something! lol)
18. Don't Cry
19. Slash solo / Sweet Child O' Mine

20. Estranged
21. Patience
22.Paradise City

Good Fuckin' Night  :axl:

Swap Out the 2 NuGuns tunes for Out Ta' Get Me and Think About You and we are talking!!!

Well at least we know Jungle & Paradise will be in the set according to the billboards lol. Maybe that's it, the rest are ACDC lol.?  

Jungle

Back in Black

Shook me all night long

Thunderstruck

Angus Solo

Slash solo, Godfather

Paradise City

Good Night.

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Swap Out the 2 NuGuns tunes for Out Ta' Get Me and Think About You and we are talking!!!

Eddie Money says CD songs, so I'm going in expecting some CD songs. Plus, TIL and TWAT are the songs I really wanna hear Slash on, and Axl usually does pretty well on them. Throw Think About You in there anyway just cuz I've never heard it live (heard OTGM in 2010). If anything they can swap Bad Apples for Breakdown :lol:

• Like 1

Pure wish set list on my part. 

1)Welcome to the Jungle 

2)It's so easy

3)Mr Brownstone

4)Live and let die

5)Don't cry

6)Think about you

7) Civil war 

8)Sweet child o mine 

9)You could be mine

10)November Rain

11)Ain't it fun

12)Rocket queen

13)Locomotive 

14)Patience 

15) Used to love her

16)So fine

17)Perfect crime 

18)Estranged 

19)Dead horse

Encore:

20)Coma

21)Nightrain 

22)Paradise city

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

This is great and no CD songs! 

I was thinking really get the most out of Slash and Duff. We've had Axl's GNR for so long. Axl really jumped the piano with Nov Rain in Vegas. You can't top a flying piano! But with Slash back you can do other songs. Coma can be the centrepiece. Maybe even do Pretty Tied Up and Breakdown. 

5 hours ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

I'm all Nov Rain'd out. Play Coma it will be a revelation. I'm just on a UYI and Spaghetti tip. There's stuff like Garden of Eden and The Garden too that really could get more attention. These are Slash/Axl songs. Plus all Duff-centric. Remember half the audience are there for those guys. Play Coma and Get in the Ring and suddenly GNR is the only way to see Slash and Duff. The end of forever. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wasted said:

I'm all Nov Rain'd out. Play Coma it will be a revelation. I'm just on a UYI and Spaghetti tip. There's stuff like Garden of Eden and The Garden too that really could get more attention. These are Slash/Axl songs. Plus all Duff-centric. Remember half the audience are there for those guys. Play Coma and Get in the Ring and suddenly GNR is the only way to see Slash and Duff. The end of forever. 

I understand your point but November imo will be what most fans will crave, now slash is back. It annoyed me that both Richard & DJ had to play a solo each but then I saw it as a tribute to how good Slash actually is. Leave out Garden Of Eden & unfortunately the Garden would not sound right without Alice Cooper (maybe a future Hollywood Vampire's track?). Would scream like a child if Coma got a gig. Even better, open with it. won't happen.  

2 hours ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

I understand your point but November imo will be what most fans will crave, now slash is back. It annoyed me that both Richard & DJ had to play a solo each but then I saw it as a tribute to how good Slash actually is. Leave out Garden Of Eden & unfortunately the Garden would not sound right without Alice Cooper (maybe a future Hollywood Vampire's track?). Would scream like a child if Coma got a gig. Even better, open with it. won't happen.  

Obviously they will play Nov Rain ...and Estranged. It would just be disappointing to have Slash and Duff back and it be the same set list. But they do have a lot of hits and classics. maybe adding Coma  would be enough. 

• Like 1

It's still hard to imagine Slash playing on Chinese tunes he doesn't even like? but Duff played a whole bunch of 'em. I don't know...

I think there are staples now from Chinese. Like Street Of Dreams for example.

I can imagine Slash rocking the fuck out of I.R.S and banging it home for This I Love.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Eddie Money says CD songs, so I'm going in expecting some CD songs. Plus, TIL and TWAT are the songs I really wanna hear Slash on, and Axl usually does pretty well on them. Throw Think About You in there anyway just cuz I've never heard it live (heard OTGM in 2010). If anything they can swap Bad Apples for Breakdown :lol:

Ok, but how about we throw in Think About You and cut it down to one rotating CD song so we can have Out Ta Get Me ;)  That song has been fucking talking to me lately.. 

16 hours ago, Rovim said:

It's still hard to imagine Slash playing on Chinese tunes he doesn't even like? but Duff played a whole bunch of 'em. I don't know...

I think there are staples now from Chinese. Like Street Of Dreams for example.

I can imagine Slash rocking the fuck out of I.R.S and banging it home for This I Love.

Who's to say he doesn't like them? I can't imagine anyone being over the moon about playing songs that are not theirs but he is a rock n' roll fan like most of us

1 hour ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Who's to say he doesn't like them? I can't imagine anyone being over the moon about playing songs that are not theirs but he is a rock n' roll fan like most of us

There's got to be mutual respect there. I can hear where slash fits in Chinese like I can hear how Axl fits in Slash's solo stuff. They go together. Like peanut butter and jelly. I think it was important for Slash to make it on his "own" so to speak, which could explain part of why this has taken so long. I know he had VR and GNR and was well known and respected. But let's face it, nobody knows it's 5 o'clock somewhere outside of this forum. And I think he knew that. So having his uber success that launched in what.. 2010? could have validated him to himself. And coming upon that realization can make you look at yourself and others different. Thus the initial sparks of a possible relationship with Axl began. 

Now, I think that could be slashs perspective. For Axl it was sort of the same thing. For legal reasons I think Axl felt he had to carry the business burden to have any sort of relevance like what slash was aiming for, but with his incarnation of gnr. Think of it what you will but Axl came out with the name, kept it relavent while steering the ship,and here we are on mygnr.com. Is the guns name anything what it is today without someone carrying that? I'd assume this regrouping would be a lot more second rate had Axl not tried keeping the name relavent. Guns n roses in 2016 become "oh that cool 80s band who play paradise city from that video game"  if it dissolved in 93. instead of stadium tours this way. Ironically, each other's individual success probably benefited both individually and together today. And let's face it Axl acuired a bunch of truly talented musicians and made a fantastic record. Old models of reality is all that's keeping you from seeing that if you like rock music, based purely on a musical perspective. Legally, sure you disagree with Axl. I don't like that most corporations "can't afford" to give out raises, but executives are making millions in bonuses. What can I, an observer, do? So it is what it is. Nu guns was fucking great musically.

I think the bitterness could have stemmed a bit from the old adage "a band is a marriage". I think these guys were really close at a time and obviously the resume speaks for itself. Having to continually go through what I imagine to be tremendously difficult legal obstacles from both parties, sounds a bit like divorce proceedings lasting forever. Sometimes balancing the feelings you had when you first fell in love with "this dumb bitch really wants half my paycheck so she can have our kid full custody" is hard. Much like hearing sweet child o mine play innocently on a distant radio while you're arguing over who can release what dvd under what banner and "which guns songs can be featured- but who wrote that?" Probably gets tough. It's just music after all. They are just people.

At a certain point you might get tired of the drama and you're ready to get on with it. Eventually you run out of reruns sort of thing. It's a little like that great Hafiz line, "You can pick all the flowers, but you can't stop the spring." They both did what they had to do. They got that "anger bang" out of the way but that was just ego mellow drama that had to play out and now they're ready to be with what went together so well like pb&j.

thats my theory!

Edited by Sprite
  • Like 1

I guess Slash did say he didn't want to do Seymour ballads or NIN songs. But he said CD was a great record. Slash likes Rage against the Machine but doesn't mean he will incorporate into his style. 

CD is more of a drum, vocals and solos album. The guitars are much more within the lines. Chi dem has the most Slash-like guitar work, it's kind of tighter version Jungle. But the tone or style isn't Slash. It has a Nirvana played by RATM vibe with a little Fight Song thrown in. 

I definitely see how Slash could free up songs like Chi dem, Better, TWAT, SOD. He can add a solo to TIL easily. 

There's not a lot riffs on the album and because of the various styles they get lost anyway. 

Slash could fit in on Catcher and do solos on Madagascar. But it's not really guitar oriented music. It's not Axl, guitar, Axl, guitar like on UYI. It's like drums, choir, Axl, keyboard, drums, Axl, acoustic, Axl, drums, solo, Axl, keyboard...

i would lean more to songs like SOD, Catcher and TIL. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Ok, but how about we throw in Think About You and cut it down to one rotating CD song so we can have Out Ta Get Me ;)  That song has been fucking talking to me lately.. 

I'm excited to hear how the CD songs sound with Slash/Duff/no Pitman so, fuck it, just extend the setlist :lol:

Who played Better live after Finck left? That guitar in the verses is very Robin, arty down tuned, kind of a weird, sublime tone there. Maybe Fortus can take it and then Slash does the solos or main riff which is just a circus de soleil scom thing. Better is really a goth industrial Sweet Child of Mine. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

I think he just liked the vocals according to this interview: