What Are You Listening To 2016

Black Sabbath

I Want the One I Cant Have - The Smiths

between John Lydon and Moz you have the best frontman ever.  There just is no better than Moz.  Equals yes but better?  Cant think of one.  The man is just so fuckin fabulous, a total fuckin' bolt out of the blue, there's literally no reference point or prescedent for him, this lank northern four eyes from the bowels of Coronation Street singing about fuckin' Oscar Wilde and alienation and poetry and fuckin' girlfriends in comas, probably one of the most literate voices in rock, which shouldn't really be a compliment but it is.  

Now that rock music is pretty much fuckin' over he really stands head and shoulders above the rest.  Him, Iggy, John Lydon, in terms of REALLY fuckin' unique singular artists rock hasn't been able to top those three, for sheer honesty and originality.  Ian Brown is another one, just totally fuckin' unique.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

I Want the One I Cant Have - The Smiths

between John Lydon and Moz you have the best frontman ever.  There just is no better than Moz.  Equals yes but better?  Cant think of one.

Getting too excited there imo. I can think of one or two.

Edited by Rovim

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Getting too excited there imo. I can think of one or two.

I was commenting chiefly with originality in mind, if you can think of one or two I'd love to hear em.  Thats what i love, thats what turns me on in an artist/band whatever, someone that brings something new and different that says something in a way thats different, something that makes me think, something with dimension, I'd love to hear who your one or two are. 

There is no prescedent for Lydon, there is no prescedent for Moz, there is no precdent for Iggy.  i mean at a push there's bits of Mick or Jim Morrison in Iggy but even then, his particular unique feral fuckin' take on it all just made it something completely different.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

I was commenting chiefly with originality in mind, if you can think of one or two I'd love to hear em.  Thats what i love, thats what turns me on in an artist/band whatever, someone that brings something new and different that says something in a way thats different, something that makes me think, something with dimension, I'd love to hear who your one or two are. 

There is no prescedent for Lydon, there is no prescedent for Moz, there is no precdent for Iggy.  i mean at a push there's bits of Mick or Jim Morrison in Iggy but even then, his particular unique feral fuckin' take on it all just made it something completely different.

I was probably being too literal. I think the gloomy fuck is one of the best. To me there are better, that's all. All original too, but his delivery reflected his unique personality. He's the best at being his gloomy self, a big cunt actually, but heart breaking and disarming with the shitload of emotion he pours into it.

10 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I was probably being too literal. I think the gloomy fuck is one of the best. To me there are better, that's all. All original too, but his delivery reflected his unique personality. He's the best at being his gloomy self, a big cunt actually, but heart breaking and disarming with the shitload of emotion he pours into it.

I kinda think people who define Mozza as being this miserable, woe-is-me, loner aren't really seeing the humour and wry wit in his work. He's basically been t-rolling most of you this whole time, before anybody really knew what t-rolling was.

6 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I kinda think people who define Mozza as being this miserable, woe-is-me, loner aren't really seeing the humour and wry wit in his work. He's basically been t-rolling most of you this whole time, before anybody really knew what t-rolling was.

Nah, he's gloomy.

9 minutes ago, Towelie said:

lol, maybe it's cuz I'm kinda gloomy and anti-social myself, so I don't see him that way. I kinda relate to his whole everyone-else-is-the-problem mentality.

Look, it's like people that heard Anarchy in the UK and then had a go at John Lydon every time he did something that didn't fit in with some kind of anarchist political mould, its not fucking literal, he was just a snotty North London yobbo using the word anarchy to describe like...madness, craziness, no rules, i always thought that was patently obvious, i don't think 4 musicians ever set out of overthrow a fuckin' government or rule the country. 

How can you not see the humour in Morrisseys work, no offence to anyone but you have to be a right fucking dullard to not see the humour in it.  Throughout it.  Hairdresser on Fire, really?  Vicar in a Tutu?  This happens in interviews tons, he'll say something thats clearly a joke with a pretty straight face, everyone look kinda befuddled and you'll see him barely being able to contain a smirk.

I'm sure he has a depressive aspect to his personality just like we all do, it's just he's touched upon his in song.  And y'know, everything isn't all one way, you can have a song thats kinda humourous in amongst being melencholy or serious whilst having a bit of pisstaking in there, like any normal discourse or conversation with someone, thats sort of how humour works, it's the levity of life, you sort of slip it in there in amongst everything else.

Like that time when he was on the one show and they're having this sort of semi serious socio-political conversation, touching on unemployment and such and he goes like 'i just couldn't be bothered to work, thats why i was on the social' (not those exact words) and suddenly like...you've got this 6pm discussion show where they are finding themselves having to address this idea that is just...totally awkward and totally not the direction they want the conversation to go in and he sits there smirking, it's just glorious! :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

2 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Look, it's like people that heard Anarchy in the UK and then had a go at John Lydon every time he did something that didn't fit in with some kind of anarchist political mould, its not fucking literal, he was just a snotty North London yobbo using the word anarchy to describe like...madness, craziness, no rules, i always thought that was patently obvious, i don't think 4 musicians ever set out of overthrow a fuckin' government or rule the country. 

How can you not see the humour in Morrisseys work, no offence to anyone but you have to be a right fucking dullard to not see the humour in it.  Throughout it.  Hairdresser on Fire, really?  Vicar in a Tutu?  This happens in interviews tons, he'll say something thats clearly a joke with a pretty straight face, everyone look kinda befuddled and you'll see him barely being able to contain a smirk.

I'm sure he has a depressive aspect to his personality just like we all do, it's just he's touched upon his in song.  And y'know, everything isn't all one way, you can have a song thats kinda humourous in amongst being melencholy or serious whilst having a bit of pisstaking in there, like any normal discourse or conversation with someone, thats sort of how humour works, it's the levity of life, you sort of slip it in there in amongst everything else.

Exactly. You're The One For Me Fatty is another. I wanted that as my first dance but the missus weren't going for it.

6 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

No one said he's not hilarious, but there is no way in hell you can create that shit without having it ingrained in your personality, reflecting subjects in the specific way he delivered it. He has many personality traits but just because he's funny or "witty" doesn't mean he's not a huge sack of sad shit sometimes. At least he can convey that in his music and it feels genuine.

Like high class sad comedians and clowns.

Edited by Rovim