Vegas General Help (Flights, hotels, food, shows, etc)

22 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Was just watching the local news and thought I'd mention something:

There was a story about security lines being longer than normal for the next few weeks. Apparently there's a ton of heavy travel days coming up and they're expecting an average wait of 2 hours to get through TSA. I'm always WAY early when I fly but the last thing I'd want to read on here is others missing their flights so I thought it was worth passing along.

Luckily I get to pre-clear all US security before my flight leaves so I just need to grab my bags from the carrousel in Vegas and jump in a cab to the hotel. :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Dazey said:

Luckily I get to pre-clear all US security before my flight leaves so I just need to grab my bags from the carrousel in Vegas and jump in a cab to the hotel. :lol:

Yeah, this shouldn't affect anyone coming from outside the US. Even if you change planes somewhere in the US, you'll be past the TSA check points already anyway, so it won't be an issue. I believe the people flying within the US are the only ones who need to be concerned. 

Take me for example; my flight is out of Chicago at 7:55am on Saturday. O'Hare is already a busy airport and it's an early flight on a Saturday on top of that. So I'll be at the airport by like 5 or 5:30 just to be safe and make sure I'm through security, at my gate with zero chance of missing my flight.

Just now, RussTCB said:

Yeah, this shouldn't affect anyone coming from outside the US. Even if you change planes somewhere in the US, you'll be past the TSA check points already anyway, so it won't be an issue. I believe the people flying within the US are the only ones who need to be concerned. 

Take me for example; my flight is out of Chicago at 7:55am on Saturday. O'Hare is already a busy airport and it's an early flight on a Saturday on top of that. So I'll be at the airport by like 5 or 5:30 just to be safe and make sure I'm through security, at my gate with zero chance of missing my flight.

Oh yeah. For us it's a major pain in the arse on arrival not departure. Immigration when arriving from outside the US is a major pain. Thankfully Dublin now has a US pre clearance facility so when my flight arrives it's treated just like a domestic arrival. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Was just watching the local news and thought I'd mention something:

There was a story about security lines being longer than normal for the next few weeks. Apparently there's a ton of heavy travel days coming up and they're expecting an average wait of 2 hours to get through TSA. I'm always WAY early when I fly but the last thing I'd want to read on here is others missing their flights so I thought it was worth passing along.

Yeah and my airports wait at TSA is notoriously brutal.  I'll just get to airport early and be fine, but good info in general.  It's spring break time too, so that will add to the mess.    http://amp.usatoday.com/story/82415838/

Edited by Original
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dazey said:

To @Gilla999 and anybody else flying via Dublin. Check this out for travel between the airport and the city. Bus runs 24 hours a day and you can pay in advance online. Only $12 for a return ticket which is so much cheaper than a cab ride if you're planning on heading into the city. 

http://www.aircoach.ie/

Are you sure the pre clearance is not just for the direct flights aer lingus do to u.s cities because they all board down stairs in terminal 2 in a special area where pre clearence is set up and when you go thru it it means your on u.s soil I went thru it a load of times.The rest of the flights to the u.k and other destinations go from other parts of the terminal.

1 minute ago, brianthecrow said:

Are you sure the pre clearance is not just for the direct flights aer lingus do to u.s cities because they all board down stairs in terminal 2 in a special area where pre clearence is set up and when you go thru it it means your on u.s soil I went thru it a load of times.The rest of the flights to the u.k and other destinations go from other parts of the terminal.

We fly out of Terminal 2 so I assume that's the case. 

Just now, Dazey said:

We fly out of Terminal 2 so I assume that's the case. 

Terminal 2 has flights to destinations everywhere but a special pre clearence area for direct flights to the u.s only because your on u.s soil when you go thru it. I'm going Dublin gatwick Vegas and the pre clearence is in Vegas .

2 minutes ago, brianthecrow said:

Terminal 2 has flights to destinations everywhere but a special pre clearence area for direct flights to the u.s only because your on u.s soil when you go thru it. I'm going Dublin gatwick Vegas and the pre clearence is in Vegas .

Not technically pre clearance then I guess. :lol:

I would've assumed that as long as you stay flight side when changing planes any security checks carried out in Dublin would remain valid. 

Edited by Dazey

3 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Not technically pre clearance then I guess. :lol:

I would've assumed that as long as you stay flight side when changing planes any security checks carried out in Dublin would remain valid. 

Sorry yes just US immigration rather than pre-clearance.

Yes security checks should be valid once you've checked in in Dublin but can't clear immigration until hitting US soil because not a direct flight. Shame aer lingus don't do direct to Vegas until later this year

1 hour ago, brianthecrow said:

Sorry yes just US immigration rather than pre-clearance.

Yes security checks should be valid once you've checked in in Dublin but can't clear immigration until hitting US soil because not a direct flight. Shame aer lingus don't do direct to Vegas until later this year

Ah, it's fair enough. The flight's £300 so I'm not complaining. :lol:

10 hours ago, Dazey said:

To @Gilla999 and anybody else flying via Dublin. Check this out for travel between the airport and the city. Bus runs 24 hours a day and you can pay in advance online. Only $12 for a return ticket which is so much cheaper than a cab ride if you're planning on heading into the city. 

http://www.aircoach.ie/

Thanks dude. I'm staying at an airport hotel in Dublin and not planning on experiencing what the lovely city has to offer - boring, but I don't want to go too hard too soon (I usually do) so locking myself in a padded cell ie. Premier Inn sounds like the safest option ;) 

Hey guys.

Can only speak for the hotels I've been looking at by NYNY prices are WAY down on Expedia right now. Just got an email about it. I can get a Madison Queen Room for $127 now as opposed to like $150 or more just a few days ago.

I think the Monte Carlo has gone a bit up (its $130 for a Strip View room which I think was $110 a few days ago but I could be wrong) and the MGM room I was looking at is exactly the same price.

But if anyone's at the NYNY and wanted to try to match that price you may some 20 or so bucks!

Ok so i got worried about the horrible reviews my hotel got. cancelled it and got me a room at the excalibur. I am very relieved now i wont have to worry about cockroaches n shit.

is anyone else staying at the excalibur?

On a different matter: does anyone know wether its possible to check-in at the airport the day before the flight? I am flying with american airlines

15 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Ok so i got worried about the horrible reviews my hotel got. cancelled it and got me a room at the excalibur. I am very relieved now i wont have to worry about cockroaches n shit.

is anyone else staying at the excalibur?

Lol was that the Best Value? I know I was in between possibly considering the Best Value and Travelodge and I read one of them had cockroaches. I forget which one. I think you made the right call.

2 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

My initial hotel? That was the vegas inn at wild wild west

Ah, do not know about that one

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I had to stop reading all the reviews on trip advisor, you can literally drive yourself nuts..I'm hoping some of the bad reviews for the Monte Carlo were wrong, too stressful to start looking around at this point!

I had to as well. I just assumed the big three of Monte Carlo, NYNY, and MGM were all fine. Not amazing, but fine. I realized I was expecting nicer rooms than I think Vegas has to offer unless you're getting like expensive suites. So yeah, it basically was the reason I stopped looking at the cheapest places and figured I'd stick with one of the bigger names (those 3, Luxor, Excalibur, Hard Rock, etc.) cause it was driving me mad to keep looking. Monte should be fine and its where I'm staying too.

7 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Ah, do not know about that one

I had to as well. I just assumed the big three of Monte Carlo, NYNY, and MGM were all fine. Not amazing, but fine. I realized I was expecting nicer rooms than I think Vegas has to offer unless you're getting like expensive suites. So yeah, it basically was the reason I stopped looking at the cheapest places and figured I'd stick with one of the bigger names (those 3, Luxor, Excalibur, Hard Rock, etc.) cause it was driving me mad to keep looking. Monte should be fine and its where I'm staying too.

Cool! You're right, it will be fine AND it's right beside the arena! No chance of me getting lost on way to or from concert, haha.