Vegas General Help (Flights, hotels, food, shows, etc)

8 hours ago, oachs83 said:

Quick tip about your hotel stay if staying at MGM resorts. So this past Saturday I drove up to Minneapolis to check out a Gary Clarke Jr. show (must see btw) and stayed at the Hyatt in Minneapolis. Well low and behold because I booked the room through a third party (example: Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline etc. etc.) they put a frickn' $250 hold on my cash card. Great I am going to flyout to Vegas this Tuesday and staying 4 nights and how many of these "holds" are going to rack up. FYI I am staying at NYNY and Monte Carlo for my trip. So what I have to say seems to only pertain to MGM resorts just so you know, call to make sure if elsewhere. I called to ask what my hold will be on my card and the lady said it is $50 however if you tell them at the front desk you will not need any room service or other extra expenses while in your room not covered by the 'resort fees" they will waive the $50. That was great to hear as I don't get that $250 off till the end of the week according to Hyatt and if they were going to keep racking up cash just to hang onto I was gonna be bummed. So there is a bit of good news just tell them you will not be charging anything to the room, again this was confirmed by NYNY and Monte Carlo. Now I can buy $300 worth of t shirts lol!

Get an American Express card. There's no set spending limit so they can charge as much as they want to it in holds and it doesn't reduce your spending money at all. Also works great for rental cars. 

2 hours ago, Original said:

Nah- This isn't Vegas of yesteryear....its 2016.   Free drinks- yes if you are gambling.  Go play nickel slots....and always order 2 drinks at a time.  And tip a buck a drink.    Free buffets- I've been to Vegas 30 times and never even wanted to do a buffet, so no idea.   And remember- you can drink anywhere.    I always buy a cheap styrofoam cooler for my room and load it with ice and beer.  Whenever I leave room I have a beer in hand and my pockets have beer in em too.  

Great minds think alike it seems. :lol:

image.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Birk said:

heard of this place.  im coming from chicago. What should i get.  And how far from the strip?

They only have Burgers, Fries, and Shakes.   So the choice is easy.

From Tropicana and Las Vegas Blvd, go west (left) and go over the I-15.   In-N-Out is at the intersection of Dean Martin and Tropicana, right there.

1 minute ago, CardinalGunner said:

They only have Burgers, Fries, and Shakes.   So the choice is easy.

From Tropicana and Las Vegas Blvd, go west (left) and go over the I-15.   In-N-Out is at the intersection of Dean Martin and Tropicana, right there.

Went there earlier today and had the 4x4 animal style. Sooooo good!

• Like 1

Just now, Original said:

Yeah it's 8pm 

Hahaha! No, they're still closed as the spring season hasn't fully kicked off yet. They've got two pools and the lazy river currently open but the rest are closed until later in the month. 

33 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Hahaha! No, they're still closed as the spring season hasn't fully kicked off yet. They've got two pools and the lazy river currently open but the rest are closed until later in the month. 

lame

Anyone that has not yet arrived:

PRICE DROPS for MGM Grand Hotel. Booked my room there for $147 before taxes two days ago and it is now $133. Negligible, but just sayin'! I believe there might be a lower price for Monte Carlo too, but can't confirm. And NYNY was down the other day but may still be the same or more now.

Regardless, you might get some money back and a coupon if you have one of these rooms! Other hotels might be down too but these are the three I've been keeping tabs on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birk said:

Where is the best tacos on the strip??? i mean flame ass tacos!!!

There's a place called Robeto's Taco Hut that's great. It's off the strip, but not too far over on Maryland Parkway.

• Like 1