Vegas General Help (Flights, hotels, food, shows, etc)

Just now, Subtle Signs said:

Yuck. When I travel to new cities,I try to avoid chains if at all possible since I could eat that anywhere and it'd be pretty much the same. There's gotta be a better option than Denny's.

They asked for a good place to have drunken pan cakes after the show and that's what Denny's is, plus it's on the strip right across from where a lot of people are staying and the show. Of course there are far better options for breakfast, but my suggestion was the answer to the question that was asked.

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

DuThey asked for a good place to have drunken pan cakes after the show and that's what Denny's is, plus it's on the strip right across from where a lot of people are staying and the show. Of course there are far better options for breakfast, but my suggestion was the answer to the question that was asked.

Dude you were gonna get blowback no matter what you said :)

dennys does suck but it is probably the best and maybe only option for the situation.

if Barbary Coast was still around we could all go get a stack of toast :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Dude you were gonna get blowback no matter what you said :)

dennys does suck but it is probably the best and maybe only option for the situation.

if Barbary Coast was still around we could all go get a stack of toast :)

There is a new 24 hour Buffalo Wild Wings on the strip now.   Down by Walgreens and Fat Burger.   Over 30 beers on tap etc....FYI

• Like 4

Anyone here ever stayed at the Days Inn Las Vegas at Wild Wild West Gambling Hall?

ive contacted th twice now...had some questions and also wanted to know where to transfer the first 100$ that are due two days before th check-in. Never got an answer from the and starting to worry that i'll get my room.

3 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Anyone here ever stayed at the Days Inn Las Vegas at Wild Wild West Gambling Hall?

ive contacted th twice now...had some questions and also wanted to know where to transfer the first 100$ that are due two days before th check-in. Never got an answer from the and starting to worry that i'll get my room.

I booked that place originally and thought about changing it after seeing some bad reviews. So I called Vegas.com and the rep was surprised I even booked it in the first place. I guess it has a real bad rep but who knows 

2 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Tuesday evening. Not planming on getting much rest or sleep while i am there. Need to do and see shit

Yeah, no kidding...I might have to load up on energy drinks every time I make a beer run...:lol:

23 minutes ago, Original said:

When do the 1st fans start arriving in Vegas?   I'm coming in Wed the 6th. 

Monday the 4th at around 1pm. This time next week I'll have just got off the plane in Dublin ready for my connection to Vegas.

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2016 at 8:11 PM, tsinindy said:

No idea...all you can do is go over to arena and check it out and see for yourself.  It's not like you have any other choice with your flight arriving.  So, it's really out of your control.  I'd say go check it out when you get settled and have fun.

On 3/23/2016 at 7:41 PM, mikeman5150 said:

No, I just have regular GA. I originally just had nosebleed seats, but I was able to get a GA yesterday. I won't be getting to Vegas until 1pm. I figure by the time I check in and get to the arena, it will easily be 2-2:30. Think I'll still have a chance at that time?

Dumb blonde question alert - are you saying you're getting to the arena at 1pm in the afternoon to queue for the evening show to get to the front of the pit?! 

9 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

Dumb blonde question alert - are you saying you're getting to the arena at 1pm in the afternoon to queue for the evening show to get to the front of the pit?! 

This is pretty much why I'm not bothered about being in the pit. Get to the venue 12 hours early to get on the barrier only to need a piss ten minutes before the show starts and it's all wasted. Personally I'd rather enjoy the day at the pool, grab a few drinks and some good food then rock up at the venue half an hour before showtime and comfortably take my seat without all the hassle.

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

I'm not...I have a seat, but that dude was asking how early he should get in line to get front row and my answer was basically meant to say if you want to be guaranteed front row, then you should be the first line as there are some who have early entry GA.  It should be common sense really.

Us Americans are crazy, we line up for days to get $200 off a big screen TV and other crazy things on Black Friday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Us Americans are crazy, we line up for days to get $200 off a big screen TV and other crazy things on Black Friday.

That actually made me LOL.

Ok - I wasn't expecting people to be doing that. That sounds crazy to me - you'll still get in the area if you get there at a normal time and there are only a certain amount of people let in, so it's not like a big stadium where you're standing at the back of 10,000 people. But I take my non-existent hat off to anyone doing it :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gilla999 said:

That actually made me LOL.

Ok - I wasn't expecting people to be doing that. That sounds crazy to me - you'll still get in the area if you get there at a normal time and there are only a certain amount of people let in, so it's not like a big stadium where you're standing at the back of 10,000 people. But I take my non-existent hat off to anyone doing it :)

Exactly.  I'm perfectly fine being on the outskirts of the GA section (I actually prefer it, as it makes it easier to make a beer run or bathroom break :lol:)....and that's where I'll be on night 2....even the back of the GA section is still closer than anywhere else in the arena.:)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Original said:

Who's gonna try this next week? 

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I did this on top of the Stratosphere:

and that was enough. Don't see myself ever getting the courage to do the X-Scream.

9 minutes ago, Original said:

Who's gonna try this next week? 

I did it, my gf and I were in line and the people in front of us realized they were going to be seated in the very front. They turned and asked if we would take their place. We did and WOW what a rush. Scary as hell, I'm glad I did it but not again. We also did the spinning claw thing that overhangs the stratosphere. 

6 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

That's a kiddie ride...

In Orlando we like to roll like this.....

Or like this.....

No fucking way....you couldn't pay me enough to do those.  

Edited by Original
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

What about this?

I stayed at the Stratosphere a couple years ago and our room was facimg that. We'd be sitting there drinkin, talkin and what not and a human would just drop past our window. It was pretty freaky now and again lol

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I stayed at the Stratosphere a couple years ago and our room was facimg that. We'd be sitting there drinkin, talkin and what not and a human would just drop past our window. It was pretty freaky now and again lol

I jumped off it at night a couple of years ago. Hell of a fucking rush on the way down and a great view. They make you sign a waiver to say you've not been drinking. Yeah, like fuck I'd not been drinking! :lol:

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1