What about a new album?

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Is that real? I am not a a big twitter guy but it looks suspect... I don't picture Izzy as being a big Twitter guy either but I really don't know.

It is. Check out the thread created to discuss this.

16 hours ago, pacu44 said:

Its not. Izzy is involved... All the clues are there... I saw today that Izzy is confirmed for the Vegas shows...

Who confirmed Izzy being there?

On a side note, it's so odd to see people using Miser and BBA as sources for GnR news. 

• Like 1

a new album without izzy and steven? i really can't be bothered.

i expect a nu-metal, lifeless example of some sort of "frankenstein rock". the musical equivalent of a blow up doll. it will get you laid but it ain't no "human being" and it doesnt generate no warmth.

slash is a brilliant, brilliant guitar player with lots of emotion, but he is an average riff writer. see the 1995 debacle with slash coming up with an album that was below GNR standards. Axl was right to dismiss it, even if it makes him a douchebag. count on izzy to come up with the songs.

basically you have duff and slash writing together, it's velvet revolver all over again. and i really cant say i listen to those two albums a lot these days. i do listen to 118 ° and "ride on" though, theres some really catchy tunes on these two izzy solo albums.

1 minute ago, action said:

i expect a nu-metal, lifeless example of some sort of "frankenstein rock". the musical equivalent of a blow up doll. it will get you laid but it ain't no "human being" and it doesnt generate no warmth.

slash is a brilliant, brilliant guitar player with lots of emotion, but he is an average riff writer. see the 1995 debacle with slash coming up with an album that was below GNR standards. Axl was right to dismiss it, even if it makes him a douchebag. count on izzy to come up with the songs.

basically you have duff and slash writing together, it's velvet revolver all over again. and i really cant say i listen to those two albums a lot these days. i do listen to 118 ° and "ride on" though, theres some really catchy tunes on these two izzy solo albums.

Slash was on fire on the 'Ain't Life Grand' album, but that's because he had a great band who contributed to the songwriting process. Dave Kushner was also a huge part of Velvet's songwriting team. 

Overall I agree. Nothing can top the songwriting of Izzy with Slash, Duff, Axl and Steven adding their flavor to his songs. 

20 minutes ago, action said:

Slash, Duff and Izzy wrote an entire album and presented it to Scott who said it sounded too much like Guns N' Roses.. What you heard from VR was them not trying to sound like Guns N' Roses.. Slash still has the chops.. Just needs the right singer.

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

Why? It seems like a fairly standard ballad. Not arguing, just curious why you would describe that song as an Axl "epic."

An epic failure at trying to write a good song... 

• Like 1

So after the recent Arlett Vereecke rumours last week stating that Slash was recording with GN'R again (god knows if that's true but I sure hope it is) what do you think is a reasonable time frame for new music from the band?

Most bands would probably be able to release material recorded this spring in the late summer or this autumn but this is Guns N' Roses after all! 

On 29. februára 2016 at 1:38 PM, youngswedishvinyl said:

So after the recent Arlett Vereecke rumours last week stating that Slash was recording with GN'R again (god knows if that's true but I sure hope it is) what do you think is a reasonable time frame for new music from the band?

Most bands would probably be able to release material recorded this spring in the late summer or this autumn but this is Guns N' Roses after all! 

Depends. If Slash is just piling his leads on top of CD II it could be finished a lot sooner than an album made from scratch. That is if Axl has any intention to release anything at all.

Edited by IkaruFunk

I think we'll have a gauge by whether or not they play new music during the upcoming shows. Axl made a point to play ChiDem songs during the 2001-2007 shows. He played some UYI songs in the 1980s and 1990.

If there is new music, there's a good chance based on history that some will be tested in Vegas/Coachella/etc.

11 hours ago, 3rd Wheel said:

I think we'll have a gauge by whether or not they play new music during the upcoming shows. Axl made a point to play ChiDem songs during the 2001-2007 shows. He played some UYI songs in the 1980s and 1990.

If there is new music, there's a good chance based on history that some will be tested in Vegas/Coachella/etc.

I agree. I don't expect it, but I would think if there IS new music, it would get played at one or both of the Vegas shows. Those are the ONLY shows before Coachella, and really they'll debut new songs there for the first time on stage? No reason NOT to test them the week prior in Vegas to a much smaller and more appreciative audience.

Again, I'm not expecting it, but I would say if there's new material it will be played in Vegas. If there's nothing in Vegas, I doubt there will be anything this year.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2016 at 2:02 PM, action said:

Lolno

On February 23, 2016 at 4:31 AM, Apollo said:

Why? It seems like a fairly standard ballad. Not arguing, just curious why you would describe that song as an Axl "epic."

I think its 'epic' because of the cleverly layered, almost ostentatious instrumentation, and the melody.