What about a new album?

If it's just Slash and Duff adding after thoughts to CD 2, I'm not even remotely interested. In Axl's own words, CD 2 is very similar to CD 1, and merely having Slash and Duff "adding their flavor" to that kind of material just doesn't sound promising. Plus cohesive issues on top of that. Horrible move commercially speaking as well.

So personally, I rather have no album than an incohesive, butchered, cut and paste shit show.

Thanks but no thanks.

• Like 2

I don't care if they take the best of what Axl has (and hopefully the best of what the other guys have or come up with) and go from there. I'm not asking for the writing process to start all over. But at the very least, I want the music rerecorded from the bottom up. If it's just Slash and Duff being whipping boys and adding a few things here and there to CD 2 shit, this is can all suck a dick.

Like I said It'd be a god awful idea commercially at this point too. Making your next come back album sound drastically similar to your last comeback album everyone (fair or not) thinks of as a failure. A few contributions from Slash and Duff aren't going to be game changers if that's the route they're going down. Restart the recording with who's there now, or bust.

Edited by Bobbo

23 hours ago, vloors said:

I reckon at the very least they will release a reunion concert DVD/live lp.

They have plenty of time to record an albums worth of new material during the past few months they have been rehearsing together.

The Beatles recorded a album in 1 day I'm sure with motivation guns could of recorded something over the last few months.

They recorded it out one day, but probably took weeks / months to write a workshop the songs.

Gnr won't just slap out any old record, it'll have to be something very solid before they'll mess with the legacy of the old line up. It will take time for a new record with slash & Duff, I very much doubt it's release before 2017, mainly because no one in the band has even confirmed anything close to a solid line up, never mind a new album.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:38 PM, wasted said:

Do you think this will happen?

I think Slash would do it.  The question is would Slash go through the same pain and suffering to "get it perfect" like he did with Estranged?  Or now that he doesn't "need" Gn'R, is he more likely to tall Axl to go F himself after the 3rd request to redo a part on The General?

I mentioned this before, and think this is the major question.  Axl is still a perfectionist, that hasn't changed, what has is Slash's "need" to be a part of GnR. 

44 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

I think Slash would do it.  The question is would Slash go through the same pain and suffering to "get it perfect" like he did with Estranged?  Or now that he doesn't "need" Gn'R, is he more likely to tall Axl to go F himself after the 3rd request to redo a part on The General?

I mentioned this before, and think this is the major question.  Axl is still a perfectionist, that hasn't changed, what has is Slash's "need" to be a part of GnR. 

Slash just wants to rock but yes there must be some reclaiming his position in GNR and connecting with the fans. The fun or thrill of it at least. 

But musically how much does he like working with/for Axl? Does he miss or see the benefits of it. Does he want to walk through the fire again to get another Estranged? Or is it easy really.

I know that's not how every Guns song came to be, far from it. So maybe there's some fun, downhill skiing and some log mountain climbs. 

But I wonder does there need to be an Axl epic which Slash works on for it to be a great GNR record. Could it be a more of a fun rock n roll album. Maybe Axl droped all the epics on CD and is happy to let, Slash, Duff and Izzy take the wheel. 

But I could see Slash just working with Axl on 3 songs that are already half finished. Just helping Axl out. But then working with Izzy and Duff on some new stuff which Axl might sing on. 

But that mix of tracks seems hard to match together. 

But on the other hand if they do some spontaneous songs, what role would Axl play? Just lyrics and vocals like the old days. Maybe Axl does have some songs he really wants Slash on. 

• Like 1

Remember that Duff and Slash now have perfectly successful Axl free lives to return to if Axl wants to spend a year mulling over vocals for any collaborations they hand him.

Axl has no legal or moral hold over the guys anymore so if he wants to take his sweet time on some tunes, who in the band gives a shit? 

I'm betting that Slash goes straight on the road with the Conspirators to promote his 3rd album while the GNR afterglow is white hot after this tour. He should see a big upswing in sales and concert attendance as a result. Duff will probably do another album and release another No. 1 book. 

When Axl feels ready to release their new album, they'll be back to ride the money juggernaut right out that gate with him.

Its really a win win for them all.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The only way I would be interested in a new Guns album is if Stradlin writes the lion's share of it since Chinese Democracy and Slash's solo work has been less than scintillating, and Stradlin brings that element of songsmith that counteracts the other two's more cheesier offerings. Izzy's presence would hopefully diminish Axl's overdubs and Slash's 'back to the '80s' obsessive disorders.

I agree.

I don't go much on any of them by themselves (liked Axl's solo stuff the best, but that's a tad unfair considering it's only a dozen or so songs from 14 years or so) but together, on the chassis of an Izzy song...

Definitely Izzy brings more creativity. I think we can see that there's material. It's just the recording process. And what a reunion record should be like. 

We've heard nothing about producers or anything like that. 

Maybe they are just starting the writing process. Maybe with some material they have laying around as well.

or is Slash adding parts to CD II?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bobbo said:

If it's just Slash and Duff adding after thoughts to CD 2, I'm not even remotely interested. In Axl's own words, CD 2 is very similar to CD 1, and merely having Slash and Duff "adding their flavor" to that kind of material just doesn't sound promising. Plus cohesive issues on top of that. Horrible move commercially speaking as well.

So personally, I rather have no album than an incohesive, butchered, cut and paste shit show.

Thanks but no thanks.

Agreed. side from maybe 2 songs I thought CD was painfully awful.. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Wow.. That song screams Guns N' Roses to me. The live version from that moshcam show is my favorite all time Slash performance.

I tried my man, believe me. I've gone into all of Slash's post-GN'R output with the same open mind I went into CD with. I just can't get down with anything he's done outside of some of the VR material. I loves me some Slasha and I honestly wish I liked more of his tunes :/

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I tried my man, believe me. I've gone into all of Slash's post-GN'R output with the same open mind I went into CD with. I just can't get down with anything he's done outside of some of the VR material. I loves me some Slasha and I honestly wish I liked more of his tunes :/

Slash's Snakepit - Ain't Lift Grand...Slash's peak outside GNR in my opinion. Rod Jackson is the only vocalist he's had who can give Axl a run for his money in terms of singing and stage presence.

19 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Thanks but no thanks.

Its not. Izzy is involved... All the clues are there... I saw today that Izzy is confirmed for the Vegas shows...