What about a new album?

Before the big cat was let out of the bag, Richard said in a couple interviews "it will be out in 2016. It's gonna be a big year for GnR." Or something like that. 

There was the "Axl's ghost" photo from the studio...

Duff n Izzy were definitely in the studio.

This thing has been in the works for over a year. 

I think somethings cooking. Besides rabbit sausage...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, pacu44 said:

I will not link to another forum.

9Q0uxXW.jpg

5 minutes ago, pacu44 said:

I will not link to another forum.

9Q0uxXW.jpg

You don't have to link another forum...you said they are about to release another song...explain yourself and how you've come to that proclamation.

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

No Rovim-Wasted conversations about fictitious songs neither of them have heard: ''Atlas Shrugged seems more like an album opener, particularly with that Brian May solo''. ''I prefer The General''.

See no evil, hear no CD. 

Slash and Duff can get an album out whenever they want to. They know how to make music. It would really all come down to Axl, which unfortunately I just have no faith in studio wise. I'd love it to happen, but its just easier to believe it isn't and get shocked if I'm wrong. The above clues do kind of make sense, but really, wasn't Richard and every member of NuGuns saying "the album comes out next year and its gonna be an exciting time"? That statement has been uttered so many times at this point, with only a few of them proving true, that its just easier to assume its wrong until an album is actually in our hands.

28 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Slash and Duff can get an album out whenever they want to. They know how to make music. It would really all come down to Axl, which unfortunately I just have no faith in studio wise. I'd love it to happen, but its just easier to believe it isn't and get shocked if I'm wrong. The above clues do kind of make sense, but really, wasn't Richard and every member of NuGuns saying "the album comes out next year and its gonna be an exciting time"? That statement has been uttered so many times at this point, with only a few of them proving true, that its just easier to assume its wrong until an album is actually in our hands.

For Axl, I think every album is a serious musical statement. For Slash it's an excuse to play live. Duff doesn't seem to overthink it.

I don't believe Axl will release an album that he's not musically satisfied with. If Slash, Duff, and Izzy can come up with cool ideas that will inspire Axl and make him feel confident it's good enough to release that will help.

The good thing is CD ll is done and can be picked apart for parts. Slash always comes up with cool riffs and loves to noodle.

I'm counting on the excitement of playing together after 20 years with Slash, and that they'll probably won't start from scratch.

Edited by Rovim

31 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Fortus said there are 3 albums worth of material. If the reunion record doesn't happen, Axl can always release CD ll. Like in 2020 with no tour.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that and I believe in Duff.

I guess Fortus talking about working on Slash material is the link between the two scenarios. 

I can see why new Guns members might say we're close to a release as they probably know there are finished songs, Axl said the same thing. 

But Axl did say they were looking at what to do with that stuff. So does Slash and Duff coming back make it more or less likely it gets reased? I would say less. 

On ‎17‎.‎02‎.‎2016 at 2:42 AM, pacu44 said:

Yes. I believe we are going to see a release of new material... 5-8 songs not including the one about to get released.

It is useless to throw around statements like this without any further information.

None of the other forums talk about this anyway, so where did you get it from?

29 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i am hoping that they are writing and recording right now with izzy

And I don't think Axl will really be in overdub overdrive if the Big 3 are involved. He can basically take a back seat and just sing Izzy's lyrics or sing some lyrics he already has. So I think it could be out before Vegas. 

8 hours ago, Rovim said:

Fortus said there are 3 albums worth of material. If the reunion record doesn't happen, Axl can always release CD ll. Like in 2020 with no tour.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that and I believe in Duff.

In my own dream world.........Axl brings in CD2 and hands it over to Izzy/Duff/Slash.  Those dude pick the 3 songs off of it they like the best. Then those four guys, and a drummer, spend a month or so writing three songs together. That EP is released the same day as the first Vegas show.

Next year, the band goes on their huge world tour.  And for the that tour, GnR will release a full length album.  That album would be made up of the remaining 4-5 best CD songs, plus 8-10 songs written by the classic line-up over the next year.

I can dream.

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

In my own dream world.........Axl brings in CD2 and hands it over to Izzy/Duff/Slash.  Those dude pick the 3 songs off of it they like the best. Then those four guys, and a drummer, spend a month or so writing three songs together. That EP is released the same day as the first Vegas show.

Next year, the band goes on their huge world tour.  And for the that tour, GnR will release a full length album.  That album would be made up of the remaining 4-5 best CD songs, plus 8-10 songs written by the classic line-up over the next year.

I can dream.

Slash, Izzy and Duff wrote a whole albums worth of material prior to VR.. Give some of that shit to Axl while you are at it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Slash, Izzy and Duff wrote a whole albums worth of material prior to VR.. Give some of that shit to Axl while you are at it.

Soooo much unreleased music. So much talent in this group of guys. 

I hope they go Prince on us for a year and just release a ton of music. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Apollo said:

I have a feeling we will be seeing some music for sure. I don't really want the first shows to be about new music though. More of a celebration of the past and the reunion itself. Maybe a song or two if they have it to give us a glimpse of the future.

Edited by Tom-Ass

45 minutes ago, Apollo said:

i wish these guys could go Prince on us for the rest of our lives

if that is not doable, id be very happy if they go Izzy on us and release 10 or 11 albuns in 20 years

• Like 2