Article - GNR The real story behind their return

http://www.teamrock.com/features/2016-02-19/guns-n-roses-the-real-story-behind-their-return

Interesting quote from Arlene Vereecke

“There are lots of reasons to re-form now,” says Arlett Vereecke, the LA publicist who has been associated with the band since their early days. “Axl has been saying it for a couple of years, and basically the main reason is that Slash is available without the attachment of a bitchy wife. Axl has being saying for two years that this year he would put it back together. When that divorce was in the making, it went all forward really fast.”  

Looks like you have to sign up to read the whole article.

• Like 2

Also

There have been some near-misses in the past. In 2008, Scott Weiland revealed to Classic Rock that there was an aborted attempt to reunite the band around their 2004 Greatest Hits album. Black Star Riders/Thin Lizzy frontman Ricky Warwick suggested that Axl wasn’t averse to the idea as recently as 2012, when Lizzy supported GN’R in the UK. “Axl was quite realistic about the possibility of a reunion, saying: ‘Who knows?’,” Warwick tells Classic Rock. “He had fond memories of it. It was always a case of, we’ll see where the road takes us. It was never: ‘Over my dead body’.”

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Uh, was it not precisely a case of over my dead body?  Did he not say one of us will be dead before that shit happens?  All of a sudden it's Slashs wifes fault, it's always a birds fault isn't it? :lol:

Axl is as fickle as my 14 year old son....

2 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

Why would Perla have any bearing on this? I think it's a bit much to put the reunion at her feet. She is not that powerful.

She was Slash's manager until the divorce, I suppose if Axl had got over other stuff maybe this was just the last stumbling block in that he wasn't prepared to negotiate with her.

I asked a while ago who Slash's manager was now but the information doesn't seem to be anywhere, I wonder if he went back to Arlette?

Thats taking bro's before hoes to new heights 'yeah, i'm up for the reunion but lose the missus first eh?' :lol:  Anything else bother you Axl, what about his brother, he said mean things about you too, would you like him to divorce his brother by deed poll?  I heard his son Cash wrote 'Axl is a cunt' in his sandbox sand the other day.  Right, reunions off til someone puts that little cunt in his place!  slap him, make him apologise, put it on youtube and lets go get this money!

18 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Also

There have been some near-misses in the past. In 2008, Scott Weiland revealed to Classic Rock that there was an aborted attempt to reunite the band around their 2004 Greatest Hits album. Black Star Riders/Thin Lizzy frontman Ricky Warwick suggested that Axl wasn’t averse to the idea as recently as 2012, when Lizzy supported GN’R in the UK. “Axl was quite realistic about the possibility of a reunion, saying: ‘Who knows?’,” Warwick tells Classic Rock. “He had fond memories of it. It was always a case of, we’ll see where the road takes us. It was never: ‘Over my dead body’.”

Wasn't 2012 also the first time Slash wished Axl a happy birthday publicly on social media also?  He said something like "Yesterday was Duff's birthday, today it's the red head's.  Happy birthday *******"

• Like 1

Perla gone

Three GnR band members quiting

Boat load of cash to be made 

Duff, Axl and Slash all between albums

Boat load of cash to be made

An excuse for Axl to sit on and tinker on CD2, CD3 and remix album for the next decade

Duff managing to navigate past TB and getting to actually talk face-to-face with Axl.

Boat load of cash to be made  

Basicially a lot of stars aligned. 

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 3

Just now, Apollo said:

Perla gone

Three GnR band members quiting

Boat load of can to be made 

Duff, Axl and Slash all between albums

An excuse for Axl to sit on and tinker on CD2, CD3 and remix album for the next decade

Duff managing to navigate past TB and getting to actually talk face-to-face with Axl

Basicially a lot of stars aligned. 

They should call this tour The Perfect Storm.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Quite apart from that they've been cunting each other off since 1995, Slash only married her in 2001.

I'd imagine back in 95 through the early days of NuGN'R they did sincerely hate each other.  But if these reports are true, I'm not shocked that around 2008+ their hate softened.  Wasn't that trip to Axl's house from Slash back in 2006?  I don't think they talked, but clearly Slash was trying to talk to Axl.  I swear there's a lot of allegations that say Axl told people he wasn't against Slash putting in some work on Chinese Democracy as well

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

I had been  wondering if the fact Slash is with Meegan played a part!  Did Slash not originally cheat on her or something so maybe the fact she forgave him, maybe Axl now believes that Slash has changed and the old soul of Slash  has re-entered the body :) Who knows!! 

24 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Uh, was it not precisely a case of over my dead body?  Did he not say one of us will be dead before that shit happens?  All of a sudden it's Slashs wifes fault, it's always a birds fault isn't it? :lol:

Axl said a lot of things though (Slash too).  People always bring up quotes like this or "over my dead body".  He also in more or less words called Slash irreplaceable, preventing him from making another AFD sounding album.  He has a tattoo of the AFD lineup and he never got rid of that.  Why aren't people ever objective and bring things like that up as well?

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Axl said a lot of things though (Slash too).  People always bring up quotes like this or "over my dead body".  He also in more or less words called Slash irreplaceable, preventing him from making another AFD sounding album.  He has a tattoo of the AFD lineup and he never got rid of that.  Why aren't people ever objective and bring things like that up as well?

I beg your pardon? :lol:  So basically, he says something thats contrary to something said in the article and if i point it out then I'm not being objective, how'd you work that out?  He also said he was a cancer best removed from a given situation, is it unobective to point that out too?  And how does you can't make an Appetite sounding album with someone make them irreplaceable, particularly when speaking about someone that has no interest and has had no interest in making an Appetite sounding album, again by his own admission, since the late 80s, early 90s?  Is that me being unobjective again, pointing out something he actually said.  And as far as the removal of a tattoo, well, it's hardly pertinent is it?  If anything point that out is unobjective because you are deciding on Axls behalf what the motivation for non removal of a tattoo is, I'm just stating shit the man said.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

The sums are giddying: the fee for Coachella has been widely reported at $7m per show, and a financial split of 50 per cent to Axl, 25 per cent each to Slash and Duff – although it remains speculative and unconfirmed – it must, along with the timing, have made for an enticing proposition.

23 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I can't remember which guy it was. But didn't one guy say the other was like a cancer and that GnR would have been better off without him?

And this is the Internet in 2016. Unfortunately I'm about the only poster on here who is objective and posts without bias.

You could post a picture of a cute kitten and by the fifth response people would be calling each other cupcakes. By the 10th response people would be calling each other nazis and cunts. People love to be outraged and love to bash anybody that disagrees with them. 

Axl has praised Slash and said some horrible things about him. Slash has praised and bashed Axl. Just because they were in a band together for a few years doesn't mean they have to be best friends for life. 

None of us should care if they are friends now. But we all should be excited af at the prospects of the band getting back together and releasing new music and touring. 

• Like 1

Very interesting article. It sounds promising. Although there are few things that don´t add up. For example those reunion attempts back in 2004 or so. How come Axl was willing to do it and yet he has said all the things he has said in recent years? Like "not in this life time" and the infamous cancer comment about Slash

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

Very interesting article. It sounds promising. Although there are few things that don´t add up. For example those reunion attempts back in 2004 or so. How come Axl was willing to do it and yet he has said all the things he has said in recent years? Like "not in this life time" and the infamous cancer comment about Slash

Axl's crazy and i guess he'll always be

• Like 1