An overdue apology

The Real McCoy

I realize that this is coming seemingly out of nowhere, but since everything that I want to say is fresh on my mind at the moment, here goes.

I was looking back at some of my old posts from 2014 on here, and HOLY HELL - I was a trainwreck. I didn't listen to any of the great advice that many folks gave me and was just a fairly unpleasant person to be around. I don't know if I ever went in to any major detail about what was going on in my personal life at the time, but long story short, I went through a fairly unpleasant experience (Honestly, I'd consider it traumatic, all things considered), and looking back on it now, the only conclusion that I can come to terms with is that it left me in a complete and utter state of depression for a few months there.

I'm still sorting out A LOT of emotions from those few months, and probably will be for a while, but ever since March of 2015, I've honestly just been a better person. I've made amends with those that I've needed to make amends with, I've cut negative people out of my life as needed, and in two weeks, I'll be celebrating my one year anniversary with a truly awesome woman. That whole "when one door closes, another opens" thing? I get it now.

So, my apologies to everyone that I made bang their heads against their monitors over those few months.

TL;DR Version: I was a jackass. I am no longer one.

• Like 1

I'm glad you're happy, McCoy. Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! Everyone goes through some rough patches once in a while. I never thought you were a jackass either :hug:The people that thought you were one, could've just ignored your posts.

• Like 1

I always like to see an apology- because many people can't, won't, or don't. 

We all know you're alright McCoy. You genuinely wanted advice rather than just attention. That's the great thing about this forum- we all have some funny moments (I had a whiny awkward 5 years ) on this forum, but most people are happy to stand by you. Very happy to hear you've moved on to better things and happy anniversary!

• Like 2

When I saw the title I thought you were coming here to apologize for working at a country station..............:P

But seriously mate we all have gone through bad times in our lives where we said things we have regretted.....you seem like decent person so no need to apologize.......

• Like 3

Glad to hear you're happy now McCoy!

And no need to apologize around here.....if I had to apologize for every silly thread or drunken rant I've made around here over the years, I wouldn't have time to talk about anything else.....either would several other members.....:lol:

3 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Glad to hear you're happy now McCoy!

And no need to apologize around here.....if I had to apologize for every silly thread or drunken rant I've made around here over the years, I wouldn't have time to talk about anything else.....either would several other members.....:lol:

Thanks, man!

Out of likes for the day, but +1.

• Like 1

McCoy, are you doing personal apologies as well? I only ask because you never apologised for that time you drunkenly sent me a PM with a picture of yourself naked, in a state of arousal,  with the caption "I'm a sexy, sexy monkey".

Edited by PappyTron
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Jackie Moon said:

yeah, what about that PM you sent me? It started out fine, but then it got incredibly racist. Then it got sexist. Then homophobic. Then it got racist again, then back to sexist.

Upon review, no apology necessary.

Dear Jackie, 

Y'know, these n****** ain't shit.  Y'know what i reckon, God took most of their brain matter and used it to give em bigger dicks.  And Jews, whats the deal with Jews, couldn't get em to spend a penny in a public lavvy, could you?  And muslims, Christ Almighty, four wives, no wonder they blow themselves up!  Still, least they get some pussy before the chop.  Or after the chop, if you've ever had a close look at one of their dicks.  Wouldn't it be great if we were born with pussys on our thighs so we could fuck ourselves?  Y'know, cuz then all we'd need is a personal chef and a dishwasher and the homos, well they'd be laughing too.  

Lots of Love, 

McCoy

Close? :D

that wouldn't be overly outrageous.

I have no issue with the burning of corpses, that is common.

It was that whole 'gassing folks' thing that was entirely distasteful.

Borrowing language from Barry.

(Obama)

But lets not focus on the negative, lets think of all the great things Auschwitz gave us, like the worlds largest mound of shoes! That is in the Guinness book, right?

On 3/9/2016 at 5:09 PM, PappyTron said:

McCoy, are you doing personal apologies as well? I only ask because you never apologised for that time you drunkenly sent me a PM with a picture of yourself naked, in a state of arousal,  with the caption "I'm a sexy, sexy monkey".

Shh...

• Like 1