What motivation would Axl have, at this point, to release new music?

If there is no new music, then this "reunion" is a money grab beyond all money grabs. And that would be sad, I think.

If these guys don't have it in them to make new music, then don't tour.

It's completely ridiculous, but I worry about Axl touring just to tour - think 2012-2014. He was pretty damn bad those years. In 2001/02 he was into it - new band. In 2006 he was into it - new album. In 2010 he was into it - new same album. In 1991 he was so into it! - Opening huge festivals with a unheard, unreleased song...how dangerous is that!!!

I fear that he has nothing to strive for this time around, and that could be deadly. Yes, deadly.

I believe this new lineup will make music, as said before Slash and Duff are always in the studio working and writing new songs. I'm sure Richard and Frank would be completely on board for a new album and Axl seems to be motivated and excited for the first time since 2001/2002.

Lets hope he still has motivation to complete not only his legacy but the bands.  I really think there is more motivation behind this than just money.  Everyone (besides Adler and even he isn't too bad off) has more money than they could possibly need at this point.  For Axl and Slash to bury the hatchet I truly believe there is still a connection there, at least a connection to the music.  I think a successful tour and an album or two would cement the GnR legacy and allow them to go out on a high point.  

• Like 1

I would imagine it would be because everyone wants to have a big body of work to leave behind. I'm sure he's proud of his existing accomplishments but there's no way he looks at his career and doesn't think "there's been a lot of time wasted". 

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I would imagine it would be because everyone wants to have a big body of work to leave behind. I'm sure he's proud of his existing accomplishments but there's no way he looks at his career and doesn't think "there's been a lot of time wasted". 

Axl said in Billboard there had been such a loss of time. Same interview where he said criticism from Slash, Duff, Seymour made him lose confindence in his writing abilities. 

I don't know if Axl lacks motivation. Creative people always have to create. It's in their DNA. It can be emotionally exhausting though because it often consumes them and bleeds into other aspects of their life. That's why so many creatives are nuts.

Edited by Kickingthehabit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wasted said:

Axl said in Billboard there had been such a loss of time. Same interview where he said criticism from Slash, Duff, Seymour made him lose confindence in his writing abilities. 

Refresh my memory please (a lot of brain cells are toast LOL)- what are examples of said criticism from Slash n Duff? (An ex gals criticism doesn't count). 

On 19.3.2016 at 2:52 AM, AxlRoseCDII said:

People at the hype of the hybrid reunion believe that new music will be released. And while I believe it's definitely possible, I just don't see it. 

In 2016, why would Axl release music? He has money. He's released as much as he's been interested. Yes, Slash and Duff are back with him now but I don't necessarily think that will drag Axl to the studio. He spent nearly 16 years releasing one album due to him being a perfectionist..and from the rumors we've heard, he doesn't attend rehearsal and hasn't been training.

I think he got back together with Slash and Duff to tour and get some more money. I don't see why Axl would want to release more music, especially after CD's failure and I especially don't see Axl adding Slash/Duff's overdubs to leftover CD songs...

I believe he still wants to share his art with the world. Just like back in the 80s, and 90s, and 00s. Probably not as eager as before, but sooner or later he will find the inspiration...

8 hours ago, Kickingthehabit said:

I don't know if Axl lacks motivation. Creative people always have to create. It's in their DNA. It can be emotionally exhausting though because it often consumes them and bleeds into other aspects of their life. That's why so many creatives are nuts.

Fact.  Writers block is a thing, you can't turn it on and off.  It just comes.  If axl doesn't write anything new it's not because he chooses not too, it's because it isn't there.

The good news is that even if that happens there is enough of a back catalogue that Duff and Slash could clean it up or rework it to make it the bands own.

• Like 2

At this point in 2016, I have learnt not to expect anything from Axl. So, the fact that he has reunited with slash makes me ecstatic (bring on the pit in Vegas), if they were to release any new music, even if it is Cd overdubs, it would be amazing, but once again, I'm not holding my breath lol