What motivation would Axl have, at this point, to release new music?

People at the hype of the hybrid reunion believe that new music will be released. And while I believe it's definitely possible, I just don't see it. 

In 2016, why would Axl release music? He has money. He's released as much as he's been interested. Yes, Slash and Duff are back with him now but I don't necessarily think that will drag Axl to the studio. He spent nearly 16 years releasing one album due to him being a perfectionist..and from the rumors we've heard, he doesn't attend rehearsal and hasn't been training.

I think he got back together with Slash and Duff to tour and get some more money. I don't see why Axl would want to release more music, especially after CD's failure and I especially don't see Axl adding Slash/Duff's overdubs to leftover CD songs...

To complete the discography. Also for GNR to go out on CD doesn't seem right. It's too down. 

There's at least a self titled record they could put out. With Slash and Duff coming back, maybe an Izzy song it will be a notable album. 

But yes no money or fame in it really. I doubt the songs would top the hits of yesterday. 

There's no road map for them really. Aerosmith used big videos and commercial songs to come back. VH sort of ended in acrimony again? FNM was nice little knees up. 

Without Izzy n Steven they wouldn't rekindling the chemistry. I kind of expect a more classic hard rock version of CD. Maybe it's unfinished business from the late 90s. The Big 3 didn't make a record. But if Slash helped Axl and Axl sang on Slash songs maybe there is a record. 

It will probably feel bad if they come back and get paid millions and they can't do a record. For them. It's embarrassing really. It would shed a lot of doubt on these shows.

Unless of course it's just farewell shows. That would suck. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

It will probably feel bad if they come back and get paid millions and they can't do a record. For them. It's embarrassing really. It would shed a lot of doubt on these shows.

Holy shit... Imagine if after these six shows they go on press conference and announce this is the end of it al. No more albums, no more shows. Axl goes solo or retires... *gulp* :cry:

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Holy shit... Imagine if after these six shows they go on press conference and announce this is the end of it al. No more albums, no more shows. Axl goes solo or retires... *gulp* :cry:

Remember that rumor after Vegas 14 of Axl feeling his voice going and wanting to retire, so he was going to reunite with Slash and do a short run then call it quits...

I think Axl's motivation would be going out with something more complete. CD just felt incomplete and never achieved what anyone wanted it to. Maybe he feels the opportunity is close to finish on top. 

31 minutes ago, wasted said:

To complete the discography. Also for GNR to go out on CD doesn't seem right. It's too down. 

There's at least a self titled record they could put out. With Slash and Duff coming back, maybe an Izzy song it will be a notable album. 

But yes no money or fame in it really. I doubt the songs would top the hits of yesterday. 

There's no road map for them really. Aerosmith used big videos and commercial songs to come back. VH sort of ended in acrimony again? FNM was nice little knees up. 

Without Izzy n Steven they wouldn't rekindling the chemistry. I kind of expect a more classic hard rock version of CD. Maybe it's unfinished business from the late 90s. The Big 3 didn't make a record. But if Slash helped Axl and Axl sang on Slash songs maybe there is a record. 

I've had the same thought.  I'd love if Axl, Slash, Duff (and Izzy, Steven, Matt, and Gilby, and maybe some small contributions from others) released a self-titled album

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

People at the hype of the hybrid reunion believe that new music will be released. And while I believe it's definitely possible, I just don't see it. 

In 2016, why would Axl release music? He has money. He's released as much as he's been interested. Yes, Slash and Duff are back with him now but I don't necessarily think that will drag Axl to the studio. He spent nearly 16 years releasing one album due to him being a perfectionist..and from the rumors we've heard, he doesn't attend rehearsal and hasn't been training.

I think he got back together with Slash and Duff to tour and get some more money. I don't see why Axl would want to release more music, especially after CD's failure and I especially don't see Axl adding Slash/Duff's overdubs to leftover CD songs...

" He has money"... "I think he got back together with Slash and Duff to tour and get some more money".  WTF?

If it were a 'money grab' this woulda happened years ago.  He/they coulda made massive bank if they had never broken up/reunited years ago.  Reuniting now will barely tap what coulda been financially...let alone musically.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I've had the same thought.  I'd love if Axl, Slash, Duff (and Izzy, Steven, Matt, and Gilby, and maybe some small contributions from others) released a self-titled album

In the discography that's the record they don't have. The untitled or self titled. A black cover with maybe the shadow of the logo or something. 

Material from 90s-2016. Various writers but the Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Frank, Dizzy band laying it down in the studio seems more likely. 

• Like 2

Slash and duff are constantly in the studio and creating music. That sort of atmosphere can rub off. Those guys also write alot and can come up with alot of ideas to help create songs. Pressure isnt as bad on axl when you got those guys around.

None of the guys from (real, actual) Guns N Roses have done anything on their own that stands as tall as what they did together.

I think Axl is acutely aware of how good Slash is and (vice versa) how good the end result of their collaborations were/are- hopefully that motivates him, kicking ass again.

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

I think it would be sweet for him to dissolve the freshly rekindled relationship after six shows an announce that he's dissolving GNR due to creative differences...then go solo and bring back the 09-14 lineup to work on a new record.

12 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

renewed self-confidence. 

This.

With just a little bit of effort, pretty much everybody is going to lick GnR's collective asses during this upcoming tour. Surely that must be good for his ego after the last twenty years.