Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

5 hours ago, Gilla999 said:

Hey @Saltzy- any news on your secret gig? I'm excited for you and hoping it's true! It would be the best story ever.

Without revealing anything else that might disclose who he is, not really.  I really don't wanna come off like some desperate Tinder match or wackadoodle to this guy, so now that he's given me he word and I've vetted him as much as possible I'm gonna just sit back, wait, and leave him alone.  If I hear any news here about the show I may prod him, but being that no one knows what is going on with it yet I see no point in annoying him for the sake of annoying him.

I guess the 2 only 'updates' are that he rarely posts on the board but that he posted this last night on the main forum, (don't read too much into it.  He happened to be going out there anyway.  I have a feeling this is seriously gonna help my cause though as he will be in town to arrange it, and I'm assuming he better access to info)

'LA in the AM

See youz on the dark side of the moon!

LGM'

...and that I know he has told several posters including myself that all of us will get VIP-All Access passes for his NY tour stop this summer, which will feature the Mets logo and that of the board, and allow us free reign of the entire venue.  He actually said he may let any of us that can carry a tune up to sing a song with him, which is just fucking absurd. 

I was looking into flights yesterday, and should I get the confirmation this is gonna be insane and expensive, but what choice do I have.  Today I need to tell my boss that I may have to work remotely next week because an unknown rock star might be getting me into a super secret VIP only concert in LA, which I wont even know about until like Thursday.  Should go well.
Edited by Saltzy

I edited this slightly to ensure it didn't say anything too specific (the name of the board, etc.), but he posted this on the open forum about 2 weeks ago. 

'I'm heading to LA shortly for a few projects that include recording and tour dates. When we get closer to the NY date, it'll be time for another board meet up. All Access. And if any of youz can carry a tune, we'll throw you onstage for some backup harmonies on a song.

LGM!'

Again, if it wasn't for the fact that 6 months ago I had someone send me like $12k in World Series tickets for free out of no where from this board, I wouldn't believe this either. I had a drunken group send me a video text of them doing a shot to me in Vegas on Friday night. I had a member from England crash with me for 10 days a ways back, and people do the same all the time with other people.  (With no offense to any LA based people here), if no one here I know can go I'm gonna take one of the posters out there.  He's a big GnR fan too, and he's freaking out this may happen.  This board is just different than any others I've ever been a part of.  We're all crazed lunatic fans of this stupid baseball team, and we all take care of each other.  This guy is honestly gonna try and get me passes for this thing if it happens. I'm 100% sure of it.

Now, please, JUST ANNOUNCE THIS THING IS HAPPENING ALREADY!

• Like 1

This is fucking crazy stuff!!

I was looking into flights yesterday, and should I get the confirmation this is gonna be insane and expensive, but what choice do I have.  Today I need to tell my boss that I may have to work remotely next week because an unknown rock star might be getting me into a super secret VIP only concert in LA, which I wont even know about until like Thursday.  Should go well.

Good luck!!

3 hours ago, Saltzy said:

Without revealing anything else that might disclose who he is, not really.  I really don't wanna come off like some desperate Tinder match or wackadoodle to this guy, so now that he's given me he word and I've vetted him as much as possible I'm gonna just sit back, wait, and leave him alone.  If I hear any news here about the show I may prod him, but being that no one knows what is going on with it yet I see no point in annoying him for the sake of annoying him.

I guess the 2 only 'updates' are that he rarely posts on the board but that he posted this last night on the main forum, (don't read too much into it.  He happened to be going out there anyway.  I have a feeling this is seriously gonna help my cause though as he will be in town to arrange it, and I'm assuming he better access to info)

'LA in the AM

See youz on the dark side of the moon!

LGM'

...and that I know he has told several posters including myself that all of us will get VIP-All Access passes for his NY tour stop this summer, which will feature the Mets logo and that of the board, and allow us free reign of the entire venue.  He actually said he may let any of us that can carry a tune up to sing a song with him, which is just fucking absurd. 

Ha! Would love to be a fly on the wall with THAT boss conversation.

I am massively keeping my fingers crossed this turns out to be true, it's an awesome story. Although marginally less awesome if you spend a fortune on a flight to LA and he turns out to be a Crazy. Good luck dude.

I work at a very laid back company and have the ability to work remotely.  The Controller sits right next to me and he just asked me, 'So, what's up with that concert in LA dude?!?'

My boss can fucking suck it if she has any issues with it, which she won't.

Now, PLEASE JUST ANNOUNCE THIS SHOW IS HAPPENING ALREADY!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

I work at a very laid back company and have the ability to work remotely.  The Controller sits right next to me and he just asked me, 'So, what's up with that concert in LA dude?!?'

You do realize if such a show is happening it will likely be announced day of show or even not at all...

12 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

What do you do? I want to work there

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You do realize if such a show is happening it will likely be announced day of show or even not at all...

Ya, I'm well aware. What exactly am I supposed to do here?  All I can do is sit back and wait like everyone else.

All I can think of is that there are slightly more influential people than me that are also based on the east coast that are going to need some sort of notice to be able to get out to this thing. 

Hopefully I find out when they do, if this thing happens.  

Again, this whole thing is making my fucking head spin.

2 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

What do you do? I want to work there

I work for a major fashion brand in SoHo.

Im wearing jeans and sneakers right now.  Life's good.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Birk said:

no offense but i want 4/8 to be the 1st show...no secret warm ups shows..there is a reason im flying to vegas by myself and its to see the 1st show!!!!   

I was thinking this myself but a couple of songs at the troubadour wouldn't hurt. Vegas is still the first gig; I don't see them playing Estranged or November rain or any normal length set in a a club. Plus, even if you don't consider it the first show, it's still the only time you'll be seeing the band in an arena and/or with under 60,000 other people

The Troubadour would make the most sense since that club has some very strong history w/the band AND it's off the Sunset Strip. Plus they've done big shows before -- back when MySpace was a thing, they did The Cure's Secret Show there.

• Like 1

I just want to knoooowwww.  Soooo baaaadddllllllyyy.  Just tell me!  For fuck's sakes!  I'm willing to get on a flight!  A cross country flight! A 6+ hour cross country 'fuck my career, fuck money, fuck it all, this is once in a goddamn lifetime opportunity shit', shit being offered to me by a random RnR HOF (who I am relatively sure is who I think he is based on objective analysis), due to our mutual love of the New York Mets! I'm willing to do all of that!  For what could be a 3 song set!  Just fucking say what you are doing so I can hear from this guy and move on with the shattered pieces of my life already!

Edited by Saltzy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

I just want to knoooowwww.  Soooo baaaadddllllllyyy.  Just tell me!  For fuck's sakes!  I'm willing to get on a flight!  A cross country flight! A 6+ hour cross country 'fuck my career, fuck money, fuck it all, this is once in a goddamn lifetime opportunity shit', shit being offered to me by a random RnR HOF (who I am relatively sure is who I think he is based on objective analysis), due to our mutual love of the New York Mets! I'm willing to do all of that!  For what could be a 3 song set!  Just fucking say what you are doing so I can hear from this guy and move on with the shattered pieces of my life already!

Your hopes and dreams are probably going to get crushed :/ Not trying to be a dick, but the odds that it is GNR and he remembers to get you in the gig? It's 1 in a million. It might happen, but I'd seriously be prepared for a letdown.

I do think a warm up gig will happen. Probably this weekend too. I'd also expect some sort of announcement about the tour to happen the following Monday. They have let us suffer this long, I think they will drop some big official news on everyone next week. 

6 hours ago, Saltzy said:

I appreciate the passion but if you're really willing to risk your career to do that, then honestly you're a dumbass.

I hope it works out for you though.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Saltzy said:

Well if you do come out and you want to meet me and friends for dinner, assuming you aren't with your rock star friend, feel free. My contact email is in my website on my profile. 

8 hours ago, Ak1nney said:

Your hopes and dreams are probably going to get crushed :/ Not trying to be a dick, but the odds that it is GNR and he remembers to get you in the gig? It's 1 in a million. It might happen, but I'd seriously be prepared for a letdown.

I do think a warm up gig will happen. Probably this weekend too. I'd also expect some sort of announcement about the tour to happen the following Monday. They have let us suffer this long, I think they will drop some big official news on everyone next week. 

Hope so too. First target date for a potential secret gig is Friday! That's 72 hours from now!