Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

47 minutes ago, MichelleRenee said:

For the hell of it, I will still be going. I live here and I do think they seriously led people on from the moment Adler was scheduled on April Fools Day, and the when theopening bands were using a photo of Adler (the band) as their promo, the whisky insisted they use this one (attached) and then as soon as the adler show was announced as cancelled, suddenly for about an hour, those same tickets were being sold for 199-400 because people thought they would still be able to use them and that it had been set up from the start. I had what I could call "LA insiders" let  me know there will be a show, but seriously I don't believe anyone. My connections to GnR are long and reach far back, although I have not seen or talked to anyone in the band in years except saying hi to slash at a little league game we were both at in the Valley many yrs back. In 1988 I gave him the Hard Cock Cafe Hell shirt he wore in the Paradise City video after watching their show onstage at the Coronado theater in Rockford, IL, after slash meeting me backstage. The following year I was living in LA, as I still am, and was with them when they shot its so easy at the cathouse, mainly because I was married to someone who was in a band with Andy McCoy from Hanoi Rocks, and I am in the video although it is hard now to tell it is me. I joined this forum because I was trying to see if I could get any more hints about the show, and I saw that someone had mentioned and screenshoted some of my tweets and Facebook posts. 

I don't think gnr are playing anymore, but I think I will still go, just because, why not?'

the speculation about the ultimate jam night or the troubadour being possibilities are both being talked about here among people who may or may not know about such things. (Everyone still seems loosely connected in this industry and I remain friends with lots of the bands from that era) and seriously no one really knows shit, but lots of people claim to. Lol. 

I would even put a remote possibility on them doing a warm up at Vamp'd in Vegas. This is seriously now the home away from home for lots of the rock world and lots of people live there now or have homes there and somewhere else, it doesn't have to be LA, although it seems the most plausible. 

The whole thing had gotten kind of funny now, and I think people will still show up at the whisky on the 1st. the way they hinted in so many ways, as well as Colby and HR seeming not to be aware they were even booked led me to believe that was made up, until I also saw the opening band stuff. 

Have a great day all! 

image.jpg

What band was your husband in? Shooting Gallery? I'm a huge Hanoi / Andy McCoy fan.

Thanks for the stories.

So the singer of Hollywood Roses is married to the ex manager of the band Sponge.  I know her from years ago but havent talked to her in like 10yrs.  She posted on the Hollywood Roses page about the April 1st show.  and i noticed this comment below.  Thoughts?

Screenshot_2016-03-24-18-02-21.png

12 minutes ago, Birk said:

So the singer of Hollywood Roses is married to the ex manager of the band Sponge.  I know her from years ago but havent talked to her in like 10yrs.  She posted on the Hollywood Roses page about the April 1st show.  and i noticed this comment below.  Thoughts?

Screenshot_2016-03-24-18-02-21.png

Could just be a guy reading Troubador rumors. Is this guy someone we should believe for any reason?

3 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Could just be a guy reading Troubador rumors. Is this guy someone we should believe for any reason?

I don't think so. I see he and i have 5 mutual friends and he does live in LA and he was on the east coast monsters cruise and seems to be a photographer. But again, really who knows. I think there is speculation all over the internet. I am friends with Colby's wife on Facebook too, and it just seemed they would have started promoting it sooner than like 5 hours after it was announced, especially since she majorly promotes everything all day every day. That was what I did think was weird. But now, I really don't think anything is happening. :( at least not that night.

52 minutes ago, xfreekx said:

What band was your husband in? Shooting Gallery? I'm a huge Hanoi / Andy McCoy fan.

Thanks for the stories.

You're welcome!! Yes, it was shooting gallery, but the first version (before Billy) which included Andy, Jamie on drums, (who did continue to play with them for a while longer) Tommy Black (most recently played with Scott Weiland) and Dave Zink from blackboard jungle) there were other prior and later  people, but this is who were the main players at the time he was singing. 

My husband was named Kevin but Andy changed his name to kyle (which I found kind of funny with all the Kyles in bang tango (ok only 2, but one was named kyle kyle and then the other kyle). They rehearsed in a lockout with janes addiction and they had an extensive deal, but the label continued to ask for personel changes and Andy had a lot of issues and things were getting delayed due to them. I am also a huge Hanoi fan, so getting to know Andy (and later his soon to be wife Angie) were fun times for me. But also a huge look into the industry and it is not always that kind to say the least. Later Kevin had interest from Steve Stevens to sing, but he was still bound to the label, who really didn't want him, but yet didn't want him to go anywhere else just yet. Oh well I digress. I wouldn't have gotten to go to the video shoot if not for Andy and that was a lot of fun. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Lowrlder54 said:

I'm still going, simply because I love a good mystery! I also want to see how these guys compare to Appetite for Destruction (popular east coast GNR cover band).

Well I will be there too. Will be interesting to see how many people show up now. 

5 hours ago, GoBucky said:

confusion regarding the April 1st Hollywood Roses show at the Whisky a Go Go we have decided it's best to refund all ticket buyers. Hollywood Roses will still be playing the Whisky on April 1st and tickets will be available at the door on the night of the show for $20. If you still wish to attend simply shoot us an email at mproductionsrocks@gmail.com or call (310) 652-4202 and we will reserve your tickets for you to be purchased at the door.

To be 100% clear HOLLYWOOD ROSES is a Guns N' Roses tribute band. Guns N' Roses are not playing The Whisky. We are sorr

$20 to see a cover band is alot of money, especially since they are playing in May and they are only charging $13, I would think on this short notice they would charge like $10 to get people in the door

2 hours ago, axlslash said:

2 hours ago, MichelleRenee said:

I don't think so. I see he and i have 5 mutual friends and he does live in LA and he was on the east coast monsters cruise and seems to be a photographer. But again, really who knows. I think there is speculation all over the internet. I am friends with Colby's wife on Facebook too, and it just seemed they would have started promoting it sooner than like 5 hours after it was announced, especially since she majorly promotes everything all day every day. That was what I did think was weird. But now, I really don't think anything is happening. :( at least not that night.

And you know what, he may know something just as much as anyone. He has shot a lot of people. But I just don't think if there is one it will be on April 1. I'm back to my detective work and putting my ear to the ground.

Just now, Saltzy said:

"My guys say it's happening but Axl is still one very combustible dude. As previously mentioned, I'm flying out Monday. Friday will come quick. Be ready."

Received 30 seconds ago.

Holy fucking fuckity fuck.

I am late to the party what or who is this?

8 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

I am late to the party what or who is this?

Read the last 3 pages or so.  Look guys again, I have no actual proof here, this is all based on the reputation of people I have known for like 10 years on an online community similar to this one with zero other association to GNR, outside of this one dude who numerous reliable sources there have confirmed to me is/was a member of an 80's rock band.

He may be wrong.  He may be a total fraud. I truly do not believe that is the case based on what I know.

I will say with complete honesty that I am not trying to cupcake this board or post false info.  I wouldn't do that. 

Edited by Saltzy

10 hours ago, Saltzy said:

"My guys say it's happening but Axl is still one very combustible dude. As previously mentioned, I'm flying out Monday. Friday will come quick. Be ready."

Received 30 seconds ago.

Holy fucking fuckity fuck.

Dude - I think you just confirmed that the show is Friday?!?! Oh man. Can't wait to hear whatever stories you can share if this happens, we will all be living vicariously through you!

Thank you @Saltzy by take care us

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Dude - I think you just confirmed that the show is Friday?!?! Oh man. Can't wait to hear whatever stories you can share if this happens, we will all be living vicariously through you!

Thank you @Saltzy by take care us

Whoa there champ.  I haven't confirmed anything.  Any reporter would laugh at the validity of any of this.  I'm saying the guy who I believe has legit inside info is telling me that.

Anyway, like a few people have advised I think I'm gonna shut this down until this whole thing plays out.  I had an ongoing private message exchange with this guy until like 1:30AM last night, and unless he's been running an incredibly elaborate hoax for a decade he is who he says he is.  He is inviting all the regulars on the entire board to hang out with him at one of his shows and is getting us all backstage passes and shit.  He hasn't revealed who he is yet, but apparently he is about to very soon.  It's a long story why, but if you knew the whole story you would understand.

If I get anymore info and he tells me it's OK to tell others I'll post it here.  Otherwise I'll return with any info/pics as warranted.  Should this thing actually happen my plan is to book a flight and a hotel room somewhere near LA for Friday morning and pretty much just figure out the rest as I go.  This whole thing is making my head spin.

Edited by Saltzy
  • Like 1

This mystery baseball message board guy will probably turn out to be a C list buttrocker from the 80's,like a member of Danger Danger. At one point,bands like that were signed to a major label and probably made connections even if today they couldn't sell out a bowling alley. I hope you guys in LA get to see a secret GNR show and I can't see how a fan would get mad since I think it'd be great if they got one in with an audience in a club before Vegas. 

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

This mystery baseball message board guy will probably turn out to be a C list buttrocker from the 80's,like a member of Danger Danger. At one point,bands like that were signed to a major label and probably made connections even if today they couldn't sell out a bowling alley. I hope you guys in LA get to see a secret GNR show and I can't see how a fan would get mad since I think it'd be great if they got one in with an audience in a club before Vegas. 

I have a pretty good idea now who he is now.  All the pieces add up.  He is not the most famous guy in the world, but he's not a 'c list buttrocker' either.  I've actually seen him perform like 5-6 times in my life and had no idea.  

If this show happens, I am now relatively sure I am getting in.  

Once/If this happens and he is OK with me revealing who he is, I will.

On March 24, 2016 at 0:30 AM, Saltzy said:

I promise you all, I'm not kidding.  I've always thought it was cool that we had a rock star posting with us, but a fucking member of GNR?

I replied in like 3 paragraphs saying how overly, ridiculously thankful I would be for anything he did for me, sent him my #, and told him (haha) to get a hold of me if he was gonna be in Vegas in any capacity and wanted to grab a drink.... (if only so I can find out who the hell he is)

I'll keep everyone posted if I hear anything else.

Next time change your avatar pic to a decent looking female and you'll get 83 likes :lol:

12 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

BTW, this guy is in the Rock n Roll HOF.

I was going to up my guess to a member of  a B-level hair band like Slaughter,Extreme,Winger or Cinderella but none of those guys are getting into the Rock and Roll Hall of fame without buying a ticket.

Edited by Subtle Signs