Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

6 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I was going to up my guess to a B-level hair band like Slaughter,Extreme,Winger or Cinderella but none of those guys are getting into the Rock and Roll Hall of fame without buying a ticket.

I just read every interview he's given for the last decade and it's gotta be who I think it is. I'm almost positive of it.  Again, it all adds up.  

Also possible somewhere in this mix is an L.A. club show, with sources saying that the Troubador on L.A.’s Sunset Strip being the most likely location. Live Nation reps and Fermaglich have so far not commented on the tour. 

Source (thanks to @Spirit): http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7279559/guns-n-roses-summer-tour-cities-live-nation-promoter

13 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Also possible somewhere in this mix is an L.A. club show, with sources saying that the Troubador on L.A.’s Sunset Strip being the most likely location. Live Nation reps and Fermaglich have so far not commented on the tour. 

Source (thanks to @Spirit): http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7279559/guns-n-roses-summer-tour-cities-live-nation-promoter

The key quote for me was the "additional US cities may come" part.. 

51 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

The key quote for me was the "additional US cities may come" part.. 

Couple notes on that article.  First off, Billboard is very reliable.  They are noting this is to occur in July and August (Leaving May and June open, which is interesting in and of itself).  Additionally as noted future dates are possible as stated AND I'm guessing the delay in announcing this in general was due to a possible bidding war of sorts between AEG and LiveNation based on what I'm reading.  

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Couple notes on that article.  First off, Billboard is very reliable.  They are noting this is to occur in July and August (Leaving May and June open, which is interesting in and of itself).  Additionally as noted future dates are possible as stated AND I'm guessing the delay in announcing this in general was due to a possible bidding war of sorts between AEG and LiveNation based on what I'm reading.  

I think Live Nation will produce the tour simply because AEG doesn't run that many stadium-sized venues in the US.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I'm out of likes so I'll just quote ya :P

Everything you said makes sense. I'm excited.

Hopefully we can get some official dates and interviews soon. But at least the information is beginning to be released so I'm satisfied til next week..

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

when we're talking about gnr, there's always someone fighting :P

34 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I think Live Nation will produce the tour simply because AEG doesn't run that many stadium-sized venues in the US.

Live Nation is doing the tour. If you look on the new official site in the 'privacy policy' section, right at the top it lists Live Nation as being behind this

Edited by GibsonLP

3 hours ago, Saltzy said:

I just read every interview he's given for the last decade and it's gotta be who I think it is. I'm almost positive of it.  Again, it all adds up.  

Maybe one of these guys (don't care enough to see who's in the HoF, but cared enough to look up a list of celebrity Met fans.

Julian Casablancas (The Strokes)
Lars Ullrich (Metallica)
Luther Vandross (RIP)
Twisted Sister
Chuck D
Nas
DJ Clue
Adam Horowitz (Beastie Boys)
George Thorogood
Cyndi Lauper
JoJo Hermann (Widespread Panic)
Robert Randolph
Pearl Bailey (late jazz singer)
Yo La Tengo
Ian Hunter
Marc Anthony
Brian Setzer

3 hours ago, Saltzy said:

Is it one of the dudes from REM, do you think? I don't know if any of 'em are Mets fans, but I know Mike Mills and Peter Buck are huge baseball fans in general (they started a band called the Baseball Project, after all). Also fit the bill of GNR contemporaries in the HoF buy who don't have a terribly high profile individually.

Honestly fellas, I'm too far down the rabbit hole right now to reveal who it is. Even if you were to guess who it is I wouldn't say so.  At least not right now I can't.  I can't risk him hearing about how I am discussing this on the open forum of the GNR message board and having it all fall to shit if he's not cool with it.

Maybe in a week when this is all over or when he tells me it's OK, but like I said, even the members of the forum he is a part still do not know his identity.

I only got it by telling a few people in the know there what was going on and basically begging them to tell me and under the assurance I wouldn't tell anyone.  Then I did my own research and validated it.  It all checks out.  I am confident this guy is who he says he is, and that if this show happens he's gonna get me in.... or at least actively try to.

My favorite part of our exchange so far was when I asked him why he was doing this for me. 

"Because you asked?

I was on this board for years before I started sharing info about my personal life. There's a few guys who know who I am and have benefited from my connections and generosity.

I do it because I can and it's pretty fuckin cool. It's just how I roll."

Fucking awesome.

His last note ended with, "I will contact you as soon as I score passes. Hopefully it will be early enough for you to get out there."

Now I guess I just sit back, wait, (and freak the fuck out).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hartjh14 said:

Maybe one of these guys (don't care enough to see who's in the HoF, but cared enough to look up a list of celebrity Met fans.

Julian Casablancas (The Strokes)
Lars Ullrich (Metallica)
Luther Vandross (RIP)
Twisted Sister
Chuck D
Nas
DJ Clue
Adam Horowitz (Beastie Boys)
George Thorogood
Cyndi Lauper
JoJo Hermann (Widespread Panic)
Robert Randolph
Pearl Bailey (late jazz singer)
Yo La Tengo
Ian Hunter
Marc Anthony
Brian Setzer

Gotta be Cyndi Lauper... the whole band was using her as a sperm dumpster for YEARS!! =D

8 hours ago, Saltzy said:

Honestly fellas, I'm too far down the rabbit hole right now to reveal who it is. Even if you were to guess who it is I wouldn't say so.  At least not right now I can't.  I can't risk him hearing about how I am discussing this on the open forum of the GNR message board and having it all fall to shit if he's not cool with it.

Maybe in a week when this is all over or when he tells me it's OK, but like I said, even the members of the forum he is a part still do not know his identity.

I only got it by telling a few people in the know there what was going on and basically begging them to tell me and under the assurance I wouldn't tell anyone.  Then I did my own research and validated it.  It all checks out.  I am confident this guy is who he says he is, and that if this show happens he's gonna get me in.... or at least actively try to.

My favorite part of our exchange so far was when I asked him why he was doing this for me. 

"Because you asked?

I was on this board for years before I started sharing info about my personal life. There's a few guys who know who I am and have benefited from my connections and generosity.

I do it because I can and it's pretty fuckin cool. It's just how I roll."

Fucking awesome.

His last note ended with, "I will contact you as soon as I score passes. Hopefully it will be early enough for you to get out there."

Now I guess I just sit back, wait, (and freak the fuck out).

INSANELY jealous but seriously hope this turns out to be what you think it is - you've gotta to do this on behalf of all of us here!

Question to the vegas attendees:

will you be watching videos/pics etc from this show or will you wait after vegas?

the whole big thing about vegas was to see everything for the First time. Seeng axl n slash before vegas could take away some of the mystery surrounding vegas.

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

will you be watching videos/pics etc from this show or will you wait after vegas?

the whole big thing about vegas was to see everything for the First time. Seeng axl n slash before vegas could take away some of the mystery surrounding vegas.

I was thinking about it, I still deeply hope there won't be any warm up show before Vegas but if there's one, it will be really hard not to take a look at what happened.
I guess I'll try really hard but let's face it, I'll fail...

29 pages later, has anyone really considered this angle as per this Classic Rock article:

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-03-22/guns-n-roses-ex-steven-adler-to-make-big-announcement

The "big announcement" in fact is going to come from Steven and was never intended to be a "big announcement" coming from the Whiskey about a future gig or whatever there.

Edited by Blake Sabbath

4 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

I won't be looking at any pics/videos. Hopefully it'll just be contained to one topic on here.

2 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

29 pages later, has anyone really considered this angle as per this Classic Rock article:

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-03-22/guns-n-roses-ex-steven-adler-to-make-big-announcement

The "big announcement" in fact is going to come from Steven and was never intended to be a "big announcement" coming from the Whiskey about a future gig or whatever there.

You know...it could have also been that the Whisky was tipped about the fact that GnR was going to announce the cities for their US tour and that is what the "stay tuned for a big announcment" was referring to.  It was only 5 days before the 21 cities were revealed.

• Like 3

On 3/26/2016 at 5:40 AM, xBrownstonex said:

I have zero will power when it comes to spoilers and what not. If they play a show before Vegas, I know for a fact I'll cave and watch/listen to whatever comes out.

• Like 3

On March 26, 2016 at 7:44 AM, Blake Sabbath said:

Personally I think Adler had to be locked underground until the Vegas shows. It could have just been a tip on the us shows being announced, but regardless I'm keeping my eyes peeled April 1, 5th and the 6th. Just in case..

• Like 1