Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

Depends on what you define as "real show".

The Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven line-up had their first show at The Troubadour.

The second show of that line-up was in Seattle.

Ok, did not know that, then the Seattle show obviously doesn't qualify as a first show.

Just now, Archtop said:

Lard Ullrich is the only person I can think of , not sure if your info fits.

I just looked him up. Says he lives in Berkley california lol. I think at this point its worthless to keep guessing. If he's telling the truth, he's told us all he can. Probing it further can only lead to less of a reward for this guy. Just my two cents. He's been nice enough to offer what he can. Either its total bullshit but it was a fun story (I don't think thats the case) or its a real shot he has. Don't think we should screw it up by guessing and making an Alt nation headline out of it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I just looked him up. Says he lives in Berkley california lol. I think at this point its worthless to keep guessing. If he's telling the truth, he's told us all he can. Probing it further can only lead to less of a reward for this guy. Just my two cents. He's been nice enough to offer what he can. Either its total bullshit but it was a fun story (I don't think thats the case) or its a real shot he has. Don't think we should screw it up by guessing and making an Alt nation headline out of it.

Honestly, outside of a few very personal details that I know he doesn't want to be public I have said everything I know.  Most of the time the board is just irreverent bullshit, or obviously baseball and Mets talk.

If this show happens and this guy can get me in, he will.  If he can't, he won't.  That's pretty much it.

I really can't wait to see how it plays out though.  

• Like 1

Here is the reply I just got from one of the most respected posters on the site when I asked him to confirm this guy is on the level:

Confirmed. Ive even spoken to him on the phone a few times and he is legit. If he says he will do it, he will.

Last year we were supposed to meet up at a game but he was in the hospital. 

This year he is not only meeting me for a game, but supposed to take me and the family out to dinner as well...with our 3rd baseman.

He's taking this guy out to dinner with David fucking Wright.  Insane.

Not likely to be Dee, I don't think. He's never had good things to say about Axl or the idea of bands existing beyond their original members, so I don't think GNR would be inviting him out to their first warmup gig. Lars does seem to potentially fit the bill.

This is fucking fascinating, though. @Saltzy, if this happens, you at least have to tell us who it is!

14 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Not likely to be Dee, I don't think. He's never had good things to say about Axl or the idea of bands existing beyond their original members, so I don't think GNR would be inviting him out to their first warmup gig. Lars does seem to potentially fit the bill.

This is fucking fascinating, though. @Saltzy, if this happens, you at least have to tell us who it is!

Ha, damn you people.  Now you've got me scouring the damn internet for pictures of Lars and baseball/Mets.

It looks to me like he's a Giants fan based on all the pictures out there.

Also, even if this does happen I make zero promises I can say who it is.  I'll bet anything that not telling people who he is, or that he did it for me will be part of the arrangement.

Again, this dude has been in our midst for a decade and none of us still have a fucking clue who the hell he is.

41SHgAhCOoL.jpg

18 hours ago, Birk said:

You gotta think with  weeks to go they are all in contact daily and really getting the final touches ready.  i cant handle this.  i may go nuts before i make it to vegas

with this and the AC/DC thing I may join you! just give us some damn info. I know it's only 15 days til the vegas concert but time seems to have slowed to a crawl :/

• Like 1

The following event has been cancelled:

at Whisky A Go Go
on Fri Apr 1, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Order Confirmation Number:
M8QJ7J87R

Due to an extreme amount of confusion regarding the April 1st Hollywood Roses show at the Whisky a Go Go we have decided it's best to refund all ticket buyers. Hollywood Roses will still be playing the Whisky on April 1st and tickets will be available at the door on the night of the show for $20. If you still wish to attend simply shoot us an email at mproductionsrocks@gmail.com or call (310) 652-4202 and we will reserve your tickets for you to be purchased at the door.

To be 100% clear HOLLYWOOD ROSES is a Guns N' Roses tribute band. Guns N' Roses are not playing The Whisky. We are sorry if anyone feels they were misled in anyway to believe otherwise as that was the furthest from our intention.

The tickets you purchased will be automatically refunded to the credit card used to make the purchase. Please allow up to five business days for the refund to post to your account.

Thank you for choosing TicketWeb!

1 minute ago, GoBucky said:

The following event has been cancelled:

at Whisky A Go Go
on Fri Apr 1, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Order Confirmation Number:
M8QJ7J87R

Due to an extreme amount of confusion regarding the April 1st Hollywood Roses show at the Whisky a Go Go we have decided it's best to refund all ticket buyers. Hollywood Roses will still be playing the Whisky on April 1st and tickets will be available at the door on the night of the show for $20. If you still wish to attend simply shoot us an email at mproductionsrocks@gmail.com or call (310) 652-4202 and we will reserve your tickets for you to be purchased at the door.

To be 100% clear HOLLYWOOD ROSES is a Guns N' Roses tribute band. Guns N' Roses are not playing The Whisky. We are sorry if anyone feels they were misled in anyway to believe otherwise as that was the furthest from our intention.

The tickets you purchased will be automatically refunded to the credit card used to make the purchase. Please allow up to five business days for the refund to post to your account.

Thank you for choosing TicketWeb!

Not sure if this makes me think it's more or less likely to be Guns.....:wow:

• Like 1

This is so fucking incredible. Guns N Roses are taking the world by storm.

I STILL can't tell if this is a ploy to ward people off lol. You'd have to be an unbelievable moron if they thought they WEREN'T misleading people.

The only question they have to answer is "whats the big announcement"?

• Like 1

So GNR reunites, Adler's status is up in the air, and Whiskey hash tags #GNR on the Adler cancellation, but misleading anyone was the "furthest from our intention." 

I don't think they were prepared for how big the blow up would be from their cupcake.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That email is definitely TB and Axl's lawyers kicking in

I think the Whisky probably knew something was up once Hollywood Roses had the fastest sell-out show in the past 20 years at the venue.

They're covering their ass now. They don't want to risk a riot on April 1.

It would be funny though, if this whole ordeal forces Whisky A Go-Go to shell out big bucks to get GN'R to play there to make people happy. Even if GN'R never was supposed to play there in the first place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I think the Whisky probably knew something was up once Hollywood Roses had the fastest sell-out show in the past 20 years at the venue.

They're covering their ass now. They don't want to risk a riot on April 1.

It would be funny though, if this whole ordeal forces Whisky A Go-Go to shell out big bucks to get GN'R to play there to make people happy. Even if GN'R never was supposed to play there in the first place.

I don't think that show will happen but with GNR everything's possible.

At this point, this whole thing has become boring for me. No matter how much stories everyone makes up, we will know when it's actually happening, if ever.

Just now, killuridols said:

I don't think that show will happen but with GNR everything's possible.

At this point, this whole thing has become boring for me. No matter how much stories everyone makes up, we will know when it's actually happening, if ever.

It was just a funny thought, not something I think will happen.

I rarely log in here, but just wanted to say that this is one of the more interesting developments in a while. I'm really interested in this story (more so than the GNR news really). Even if it turns out to be nothing, thanks Saltzy for making it interesting. 

:popcorn:

• Like 1

For the hell of it, I will still be going. I live here and I do think they seriously led people on from the moment Adler was scheduled on April Fools Day, and the when theopening bands were using a photo of Adler (the band) as their promo, the whisky insisted they use this one (attached) and then as soon as the adler show was announced as cancelled, suddenly for about an hour, those same tickets were being sold for 199-400 because people thought they would still be able to use them and that it had been set up from the start. I had what I could call "LA insiders" let  me know there will be a show, but seriously I don't believe anyone. My connections to GnR are long and reach far back, although I have not seen or talked to anyone in the band in years except saying hi to slash at a little league game we were both at in the Valley many yrs back. In 1988 I gave him the Hard Cock Cafe Hell shirt he wore in the Paradise City video after watching their show onstage at the Coronado theater in Rockford, IL, after slash meeting me backstage. The following year I was living in LA, as I still am, and was with them when they shot its so easy at the cathouse, mainly because I was married to someone who was in a band with Andy McCoy from Hanoi Rocks, and I am in the video although it is hard now to tell it is me. I joined this forum because I was trying to see if I could get any more hints about the show, and I saw that someone had mentioned and screenshoted some of my tweets and Facebook posts. 

I don't think gnr are playing anymore, but I think I will still go, just because, why not?'

the speculation about the ultimate jam night or the troubadour being possibilities are both being talked about here among people who may or may not know about such things. (Everyone still seems loosely connected in this industry and I remain friends with lots of the bands from that era) and seriously no one really knows shit, but lots of people claim to. Lol. 

I would even put a remote possibility on them doing a warm up at Vamp'd in Vegas. This is seriously now the home away from home for lots of the rock world and lots of people live there now or have homes there and somewhere else, it doesn't have to be LA, although it seems the most plausible. 

The whole thing had gotten kind of funny now, and I think people will still show up at the whisky on the 1st. the way they hinted in so many ways, as well as Colby and HR seeming not to be aware they were even booked led me to believe that was made up, until I also saw the opening band stuff. 

Have a great day all! 

image.jpg

On 21-3-2016 at 3:32 AM, PsychoKiss344 said:

I really believe Adler will be part of the upcoming shows....

Most likely... he would have talked and complained already if he's not part of it at all, it seems kinda obvious.

• Like 2