Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

6 hours ago, vloors said:

I really think this is just the tribute band and nothing more. These guys have been around for ages.

There's going to be alot of broken hearts and disappointment when the tribute band steps out that night lol

Lol 

Holy crap this singer is bad.  This is like an SNL skit.

• Like 1

To the Whisky stating GNR is not playing: to fuck with people, on top of liking comments of people who think theres gonna be a "surprise", there is also the possibility they mean "Guns N Roses" is not playing, but if the GNR members came out under a different name like Metallica or Steel Panther did recently, then they didn't lie. Officially, "Guns N Roses" is not playing there, yes.

And I still dont buy the big announcement was a tribute band, that cant be just it, a tribute band. Either the whisky guys are huge scumbags, or this was deliberately planned, along with the post about Adler cancelling and then tagging #GunsNRoses, they KNOW what that looks like to people. This might be the typical "surely they will read between the lines" GNR thing just like back in late last year shortly before the reunion was public

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

I hope this is not like when there was a rumor when Foo Fighters were supposed to perform at the small stage in reading but some other band showed up and the crowd started booing and throwing shit at them lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kok said:

If GNR were really playing, why would there be a need to cancell Adler first. They could just suprise everyone and come on instead of Adler.

I agree. I think there will be a Whisky show, but not on April 1st.
And Whisky's big announcement DEFINITELY wasn't a cover band. They're a solid bar, there's no need for them to fuck around with us like this. If anyone knows this business, it's them.
This tribute band plays there all the time from what I've heard. No way they would be a big announcement. 

Edited by emybdc

19 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Either the whisky guys are huge scumbags, or this was deliberately planned, along with the post about Adler cancelling and then tagging #GunsNRoses, they KNOW what that looks like to people.

if it's not gnr, the whisky bosses are definitely huge scumbags.

• Like 1

I don't know what to think anymore, there's believable arguments on both sides.

But in the end, I shouldn't really care, the only thing that matters to me is Steven's possible involvment in the Vegas shows.

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

I hope this is not like when there was a rumor when Foo Fighters were supposed to perform at the small stage in reading but some other band showed up and the crowd started booing and throwing shit at them lol 

I hope the fans do. Next time, don't hashtag guns n roses, hashtag Hollywood roses. 

• Like 1

If gnr is playing the whisky, they might not be saying its guns n roses because I believe that the Vegas shows were advertised as the "first time" people would see guns back together. So maybe legally they can't play under the name so they'll just go on for Hollywood roses. 

Just a theory, anythings possible with gnr!

1 hour ago, supercool said:

if it's not gnr, the whisky bosses are definitely huge scumbags.

Agreed. I think it still may be GNR. Again, axl likes jokes so it wouldn't surprise me if they showed up. Hopefully whoever bought tickets can stay in touch with social media during the show

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nalbi said:

That kind of pisses me off because I also wanted to attend the very first reunion show on April 8th in Vegas but I'm almost 100% convinced they'll be there.

However, objectively, I have to admit it would be a really cool thing to do. I almost bought a ticket last night, even if I knew I couldn't attend, I sort of regret not doing it now.

T-Mobile Arena or Guns N Roses definitely advertised the Vegas gigs as their first "reunion" shows or whatever, having this club show beforehand is definitely going to mean it was false advertising

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kok said:

If GNR were really playing, why would there be a need to cancell Adler first. They could just suprise everyone and come on instead of Adler.

was the Adler show selling ok? as far as I can tell there were still tickets available

having a GNR cover band on April Fools day with all of the hype around it is sure to get a bigger crowd than Adler with some other bands

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, k12 said:

T-Mobile Arena or Guns N Roses definitely advertised the Vegas gigs as their first "reunion" shows or whatever, having this club show beforehand is definitely going to mean it was false advertising

AXS is for sure...just took this screen shot:

image.jpg

It would still be the first Guns N Roses show on the 8th as advertised, if they went on stage on April 1st with a different alias like Metallica went as DEHAAN or Steel Panther as Jam Prancer. We have no idea whos names are in the legal papers for the line up of GNR, so if 3/5 went, or just Slash or just Adler or whatever, it would not be Guns. For it to be considered false advertisement the full GNR line up that is supposed to perform at Vegas would have to be there, and their name would have to be Guns N Roses.

Whiskey a go go is one of those businesses that lives of its past reputation having rocks royalty perform there, the doors, guns etc...today is nothing but a little bar with SHIT bands that go no where and are forgotten easily.

2 hours ago, emybdc said:

I think there will be a Whisky show, but not on April 1st.
And Whisky's big announcement DEFINITELY wasn't a cover band. They're a solid bar, there's no need for them to fuck around with us like this. If anyone knows this business, it's them.
This tribute band plays there all the time from what I've heard. No way they would be a big announcement. 

I see Hollywood Roses are also due to play there in May so like you say the Whiskey's "big announcement" surely was alluding to something else... ?

• Like 1