Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

Is it significant that Duffs tweet said reunion and not grouping? he also said first shows in a couple of days, a couple of weeks is closer to the truth.

I dont know if the information given to @emybdc is legit or not, but I believe she has passed on what she was told in good faith. Clearly she is under the impression what ever takes place is not on the 1st April.

So I'm thinking the cover band is the Whisky having a rather bad joke for April fools , whilst selling out at short notice. As others have said the 5th is also free, and I forget who said it but does the 5th mark 30 years in some way?

1 minute ago, Archtop said:

Is it significant that Duffs tweet said reunion and not grouping? he also said first shows in a couple of days, a couple of weeks is closer to the truth.

I dont know if the information given to @emybdc is legit or not, but I believe she has passed on what she was told in good faith. Clearly she is under the impression what ever takes place is not on the 1st April.

So I'm thinking the cover band is the Whisky having a rather bad joke for April fools , whilst selling out at short notice. As others have said the 5th is also free, and I forget who said it but does the 5th mark 30 years in some way?

What is that tweet from Duff? Havent seen anything on his twitter 

6 minutes ago, emybdc said:

What is that tweet from Duff? Havent seen anything on his twitter 

OK false alarm it was a retweet of Duffs on my time line with a comment made by someone else. Sorry.

Loving your super sleuth status.??

1 hour ago, gnfr4real said:
20 minutes ago, born2boogie said:

Not sure if this means anything. I swear I've heard you guys mention this Mitch Lafon person before though. That Michelle person's comments are interesting too.

guns.png

Hollywood roses will play at the same venue at May at the price of USD 13.

For me, it doesn't make sense if April show is just same tribute band.

And I don't think it's the way Whisky A Go Go arrange such show, just to joke around and grab a bit more money.

I sure know that everything can be happen in GN'R World, but I would bet 20 for secret show side :)

Yeah it means Hollywood Roses are playing and Mitch would like to see Guns perform an acoustic set?  Mitch is no different than us here, he posts stuff, he is a fan for sure

Edited by gunsguy

40 minutes ago, born2boogie said:

Not sure if this means anything. I swear I've heard you guys mention this Mitch Lafon person before though. That Michelle person's comments are interesting too.

guns.png

Lafon thought kushner was in GNR based off of fans asking kushner GNR questions. He doesn't know anymore than we do unfortunately

Just now, Billsfan said:

Lafon thought kushner was in GNR based off of fans asking kushner GNR questions. He doesn't know anymore than we do unfortunately

And for some ungodly reason he's treated with a lot more respect than Eddie Trunk, the new cancer of Guns N Roses, even though as you mention, most of what Lafon posts is conjecture disguised as "news" or inside information.

So I'm new here and have been following this for a while. I live in Vegas and bought tickets for Adler 2 months ago. I thought it would be a warm up show then and did up until I received this email. I think it is really screwed up how the Whisky played this whole thing and got people excited and buying tickets for what is just a cover band. I also emailed the GM and Michael Maglieri and told them I'm from Vegas booked hotel and they said it's just the tribute band. Here's the email I received from the Whisky about an hour or so after I bought the Hollywood Roses tickets. Pretty cut and dry. 

image.png

Well. Its like u guys dont want this to happen.  Did u even read the lady tweet at the bottom?

That lafon its not a random guy.

And things are pretty clear to me.. I do get gnr between lines simbolism.

For those who risks a little money without being sure of nothing ( or worst, bein sure thats its some tribute band ).   Well..  I guess some people just get lucky sometimes

;)

1 minute ago, SEPTEM said:

Well. Its like u guys dont want this to happen.  Did u even read the lady tweet at the bottom?

The show was just announced today. It's probably as simple as they haven't gotten around to post about the show themselves yet.

The fact that Whisky A Go-Go is promoting the show through their official channels makes a way bigger impact than what they can do themselves probably.

Lol boy did they dig themselves.

Although I'm a little confused. You had Adler tickets, that makes sense, which they've said you can return for a full refund. If they're sending you the email after you bought Hollywood Roses tickets, it seems thats on you. I agree, from that email they are being pretty cut and dry, but unfortunately they did nothing wrong besides being dicks. You bought the HR tix on your own correct? That email would be ridiculous if they sent it when you had Adler tickets and they said you couldn't refund them. But if you bought them knowing there was a chance it wasn't Guns, it just sounds like that sucks but you're locked into it.

Or I mean you could cancel your hotel probably for a full refund and be out $20 for the concert, but that was the gamble you took if you were coming from Vegas. It really only made sense for people to take this leap if they are IN the area and wasn't gonna put them out at all, since there was always a high chance it is simply a cover band.

Does anybody remember that day on the forum a few years ago where some member was posting "OH MY GOD AXL JUST GOT ON STAGE!!" when a couple members of Guns n Roses played the whiskey or some other venue a few years ago??? I thought it was funny as hell but the person got a few members of this forum to believe it was actually happening

• Like 1

Let me get this straight because there are some pretty big pointers going on here:

Wasn't the info given to someone here that GNR will play an acoustic show? If that's the case then that's a big ass coincidence that this lafon guy wrote "just missing acoustic gnr now". Like why acoustic? Why did he specify that? That's SO RANDOM. Either that's pure coincidence again, or he knows something too.

+

This Hollywood roses band didn't list that date for the show on their tourdates, just some may shows. And that comment from that woman in the screenshot is interesting too, the singer and the band didn't post it or mention anything about it? That's very unusual to be honest.

Just now, Spirit said:

The show was just announced today. It's probably as simple as they haven't gotten around to post about the show themselves yet.

The fact that Whisky A Go-Go is promoting the show through their official channels makes a way bigger impact than what they can do themselves probably.

A tribute band looks like a "BIG ANOUNCEMENT" to you?

With all due respect. I think you're ( and all of u) smarter than that.

Well... Like a said. Lets just wait.

Pd:  if u people just gonna argue every little thing ( even true things like all we found out back in october and november and then most of it its a real thing today).. Well..youre missing a lot of fun and cherishble times

1 minute ago, SEPTEM said:

A tribute band looks like a "BIG ANOUNCEMENT" to you?

With all due respect. I think you're ( and all of u) smarter than that.

Well... Like a said. Lets just wait.

No, I don't think it's a "big announcement". I've said this several times!

But, with the denial from Whisky coming now, they would be insane to bring on GN'R on April 1. People will riot for being deceived like that. I think they are telling the truth about it really being Hollywood Roses playing that night, I'm 99.9% sure of it.

The "big announcement" thing: Either Whisky was really stupid for using that phrase, or this wasn't their big announcement – GNR could still appear on April 5 for instance.

Originally when I had the Adler tickets and it was cancelled I then saw the Whisky post about big announcement #gunsnroses. At that point I called the Whisky and the guy who answered said that he can't confirm what the event is April 1st but your Adler tickets will be honored. I was excited at that point because I was pretty confident it was going to be guns. I also had other friends here in Vegas taking the chance and going as well. Then this morning I got an email from ticket web saying you will automatically be refunded for the Adler tickets. Not long after I saw the Hollywood Roses tweet and Facebook post from the Whisky. I thought this is way too weird! So I said what the hell and bought tickets. It was after that I got the email from the Whisky that said it's definitely not Guns! If it is a tribute band, which it will most likely be, the Whisky sure started the rumors and sold tickets based on a lot of posts leading people to think otherwise. I'll probably still go and who knows maybe be pleasantly surprised. Thankfully I bought VIP package for April 8th so I'll see them either way but to see them at the Whisky would be insane!!!

6 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Let me get this straight because there are some pretty big pointers going on here:

Wasn't the info given to someone here that GNR will play an acoustic show? If that's the case then that's a big ass coincidence that this lafon guy wrote "just missing acoustic gnr now". Like why acoustic? Why did he specify that? That's SO RANDOM. Either that's pure coincidence again, or he knows something too.

+

This Hollywood roses band didn't list that date for the show on their tourdates, just some may shows. And that comment from that woman in the screenshot is interesting too, the singer and the band didn't post it or mention anything about it? That's very unusual to be honest.

My answers to those would be:

Mitch either read here about the acoustic rumor, or someone tweeted him because they think he is an "insider" and explained that rumor to him to ask if he'd heard anything about it. My guess is he's keeping on top of the rumors either by being a fan and scouring the internet, or having others tell/ask him things. I think thats exactly why he said the acoustic thing, but thats just my two cents. No way that was a coincidence, and personally, I don't think he knows anything.

Hollywood Roses situation I personally think is as simple as its a rescheduled last minute thing. Its not "part of their schedule". Obviously they COULD promote it, but of all the shocking things that have happened in the last 24 hours, it wouldn't shock me if it was just offered as a small thing they hope will "sell itself". I believe the only way to buy tickets is through a link specifically from the Whiskey twitter. I think they think between the Adler people that might just want another show, and the Guns fans that will no doubt show up hoping for something more, whether the Whiskey explicitly says otherwise or not, that there's no need to promote it on their own sites. Again, I think the only reason it might not be up is its a last minute rescheduled thing as opposed to a planned gig, but the fact that its not mentioned anywhere is honestly the least surprising thing to me.

2 minutes ago, rft2003 said:

Originally when I had the Adler tickets and it was cancelled I then saw the Whisky post about big announcement #gunsnroses. At that point I called the Whisky and the guy who answered said that he can't confirm what the event is April 1st but your Adler tickets will be honored. I was excited at that point because I was pretty confident it was going to be guns. I also had other friends here in Vegas taking the chance and going as well. Then this morning I got an email from ticket web saying you will automatically be refunded for the Adler tickets. Not long after I saw the Hollywood Roses tweet and Facebook post from the Whisky. I thought this is way too weird! So I said what the hell and bought tickets. It was after that I got the email from the Whisky that said it's definitely not Guns! If it is a tribute band, which it will most likely be, the Whisky sure started the rumors and sold tickets based on a lot of posts leading people to think otherwise. I'll probably still go and who knows maybe be pleasantly surprised. Thankfully I bought VIP package for April 8th so I'll see them either way but to see them at the Whisky would be insane!!!

Gotcha. Yeah, I think unfortunately the Whiskey has made it VERY clear it won't be them, at least not on April 1st. I agree, it was their fuck up for promoting it this way, but at least you admit that you took the shot with the Hollywood Rose tickets. They gave you a cryptic answer when you called, but have clearly doubled back on that and been extremely explicit since then. Sucks, cause you only really get that explicit answer AFTER you pull the trigger on Hollywood Roses, but I guess its to be upfront for people like you that may be traveling. Cause yeah, it looks like its definitely not Guns. At least you seem to have a pretty solid attitude about it. Its the Whiskey's fuck up, or just really horrible use of promotion on fans that are desperate for anything at this point.

• Like 1

The tribute band not personally posting anything about this show is really odd to me. A GN'R f'ing tribute band all of a sudden is playing the Whisky right in the middle of GN'R mania and they don't post anything about it because they may be busy? Doesn't make sense to me. This will be the biggest show they ever play and they would've known that whenever they agreed to the show.

Edited by Martin Riggs