Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

6 minutes ago, Spirit said:

From the ticket site:

This is a Guns N' Roses tribute band.

Guns N' Roses will not be playing this show.

NO REFUNDS

The show also isn't sold out as stated a few posts above.  Not gonna lie, I'm a little tempted to purchase a few tix as I only live 10 minutes away...

• Like 1

If there is anything happening on the Whisky I don't think it's gonna be on April 1st. And we will know when the band want us to know. There's nothing we can do but sit and wait, as we've always done.

3 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Idk man just about everything I've seen you post has been bs

We can start that the show is not sold out, might sell out though with all the Guns fans grabbing tix just in case.  Also someone flying in from NYC doesn't mean anything will happen, just means he thinks something will happen

1 minute ago, emybdc said:

If there is anything happening on the Whisky I don't think it's gonna be on April 1st. And we will know when the band want us to know. There's nothing we can do but sit and wait, as we've always done.

You post like you have been here 10 years ;)  Your advice most of the time rings true, although Guns have been known to not announce this or that and leave us all surprised

Hollywood roses will play at the same venue at May at the price of USD 13.

For me, it doesn't make sense if April show is just same tribute band.

And I don't think it's the way Whisky A Go Go arrange such show, just to joke around and grab a bit more money.

I sure know that everything can be happen in GN'R World, but I would bet 20 for secret show side :)

1 minute ago, gnfr4real said:

Hollywood roses will play at the same venue at May at the price of USD 13.

For me, it doesn't make sense if April show is just same tribute band.

And I don't think it's the way Whisky A Go Go arrange such show, just to joke around and grab a bit more money.

I sure know that everything can be happen in GN'R World, but I would bet 20 for secret show side :)

I think April 1 is out for sure.

If GN'R ends up playing on that night, The Whisky has a seriously fucked up way of dealing with customers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

This will be the worst show ever for this tribute band. I feel bad for them lol

I don't. No one's forcing them to play. Honestly, the band and the venue should have a little more dignity. The whole "big announcement" from the official fucking venue was stupid and pointless. I understand if the Adler thing was a genuine cancellation and their best alternative was a Guns tribute, so at least people going that night got Guns music, but there were better ways around this. The band is gonna have a shitload to deal with, but they fucking knew that scheduling a show on April Fools Day a week before a reunion tour starts.

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

I think April 1 is out for sure.

If GN'R ends up playing on that night, The Whisky has a seriously fucked up way of dealing with customers.

I agree. The whole way they've gone about this is crazy, whether they show up on not. If they aren't, the Whiskey was stupid to post "big announcement". If they do, The Whiskey was retarded to say "Guns N Roses will NOT appear". Just don't say anything, but don't put it in print that they will not show.

• Like 1

Why would The Whisky post that it's not a GN'R show where you buy the tix? It's not like they're liable to do so. Seems counter productive if you're trying to build buzz for your venue. Free publicity is free publicity. It almost seems more like an inside joke and would make sense if technically Axl ,Slash et al can't play under the GN'R name in the LA area this close to Coachella.

Just now, gunsguy said:

You post like you have been here 10 years ;)  Your advice most of the time rings true, although Guns have been known to not announce this or that and leave us all surprised

I'm a newbie here but I've been reading forums on and off for some time. Besides I try to watch and learn :P
I know I got way too excited before and I stand by that as for now. But I won't have any problem admiting I was fooled if that's the case lol
I just don't think people should go on to buy plane tickets and making a fuss out of this without knowing the details. You cannot presume anything with this band.

3 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I don't. No one's forcing them to play. Honestly, the band and the venue should have a little more dignity. The whole "big announcement" from the official fucking venue was stupid and pointless. I understand if the Adler thing was a genuine cancellation and their best alternative was a Guns tribute, so at least people going that night got Guns music, but there were better ways around this. The band is gonna have a shitload to deal with, but they fucking knew that scheduling a show on April Fools Day a week before a reunion tour starts.

I see your point but I think this is on Whisky's. What tribute band turns down a gig? But there will be a lot of people there expecting something that's not gonna happen and they will be disappointed. That's not the band's fault.

1 minute ago, emybdc said:

I see your point but I think this is on Whisky's. What tribute band turns down a gig? But there will be a lot of people there expecting something that's not gonna happen and they will be disappointed. That's not the band's fault.

You're being too kind to the band. They knew the risks, and they decided to take it. I get that maybe they need the money, but they all know exactly what they are doing with this. The Whiskey is more to blame than the band but no one FORCED the band to play this show. Its very easy for them. DON'T play a show at the Whiskey, any day during that week leading up to the reunion. That way you won't get people at the shows hoping for something else. Blocking off a week from playing one venue wouldn't kill them. Whiskey is more to blame, but they all know what they're doing. This didn't just dawn on the tribute band after it got announced.

4 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Why would The Whisky post that it's not a GN'R show where you buy the tix? It's not like they're liable to do so. Seems counter productive if you're trying to build buzz for your venue. Free publicity is free publicity. It almost seems more like an inside joke and would make sense if technically Axl ,Slash et al can't play under the GN'R name in the LA area this close to Coachella.

The whole situation is so fucked up I can't quite tell whether them saying that actually makes me MORE think it IS Guns. Cause I agree, why hype it with "Big announcement", specifically name checking Guns, then booking a cover band, having people freak out that it IS Guns, to the point where you have to explicitly tell people its not. They knew all of this when they made the god damn booking. So either they massively screwed up and thought no one would notice and it just got blown way out of proportion, or it actually means Guns and they are warding off people by being so clear that it isn't that its almost obvious.

Whats stupid, is none of those makes any sense. God I hate this band sometimes lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emybdc said:

This afternoon I was all like I FUCKING LOVE THIS BAND THIS IS GONNA BE LEGENDARY GOTTA TELL EVERYONE now I'm kind of crawled on a corner banging my head against the wall lol

Don't be. Welcome to the jungle. I've been a long time lurker here and used to post at HTGT forums back in the 2001 when the Rock In Rio, House of Blues shows took place and rumors of GnR touring and performing at the MTV Movie Awards were spreading and the atmosphere was pretty much the same. There was frustration, mystery and excitement all rolled up. I remember the rumors of a private show somewhere in NY and was considering flying to see them up close and personal.

We (well, I at least) appreciate your insight and information but always expect a hundred questions from others and of course the doubters.

With GnR keep your eyes open, your ears attentive but question and take everything with a grain of salt while enjoying the ride and remaining positive. That's my stand and it was worked out for me. It's exciting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

You're being too kind to the band. They knew the risks, and they decided to take it. I get that maybe they need the money, but they all know exactly what they are doing with this. The Whiskey is more to blame than the band but no one FORCED the band to play this show. Its very easy for them. DON'T play a show at the Whiskey, any day during that week leading up to the reunion. That way you won't get people at the shows hoping for something else. Blocking off a week from playing one venue wouldn't kill them. Whiskey is more to blame, but they all know what they're doing. This didn't just dawn on the tribute band after it got announced.

You know what? You're right. I was thinking maybe this band wasn't completely in on the madness that's going on but that is impossible, specially cause they are fans as well. No  respectable band would do that... UNLESS there's something they knoe that we don't.
Ugh I keep going back and forth about this. I'm pretty sure it's not GnR on the 1st, but when you think about it it's all so weird.

5 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Whats stupid, is none of those makes any sense. God I hate this band sometimes lol.

I've been saying that 10x times a day alternating with I LOVE THIS BAND. Bipolar fan for sure.

Just now, emybdc said:

You know what? You're right. I was thinking maybe this band wasn't completely in on the madness that's going on but that is impossible, specially cause they are fans as well. No  respectable band would do that... UNLESS there's something they knoe that we don't.
Ugh I keep going back and forth about this. I'm pretty sure it's not GnR on the 1st, but when you think about it it's all so weird.

I've been saying that 10x times a day alternating with I LOVE THIS BAND. Bipolar fan for sure.

The only way I wouldn't blame the band is if they were told or know the real Guns would show up that night. Then I completely understand why they took the gig. If there is no chance of that happening, and they are simply there to fill in for a canceled Adler gig, then they knew the risks, and like you said they are fans. As fans, this was a little too much and they should expet everything that comes to them if its negative.

They literally said its not Guns N Roses. It makes sense that they booked a tribute band, some fans were traveling to see Adler and this was somewhat of a substitute. It won't be GNR. We won't see them play till 4/8. 

• Like 1