Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

1 minute ago, Black Sabbath said:

What he's saying is that they actually talked about it and said No instead of "No comment"

Yeah, I know. So if they wanted to keep it secret they would have to lie and say no.

2 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Not in GNR land my friend... no comment is the norm

I think silence is more normal. :P

Just now, Subtle Signs said:

PLAYA DEL NACHO .WORDPRESS.COM says GNR are really  doing something at the Whiskey even if it's not April 1st. I will believe them that they have the scoop over all other media outlets worldwide. 

Lol. I wish I never said anything. This is too much torture.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Lol. I wish I never said anything. This is too much torture.

Hey, you are just the messenger. You aren't a member of Team Brazil (that we know of anyway)  I just like the name of the site and it would be fitting for them to have the scoop. In the years that you weren't on here,we've seen it all including a kid fooling the GNR social media accounts into thinking he was Izzy Stradlin and then getting them to post a fake Izzy interview. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Hold up though, I think everybody's missing a glaring omission in the Whiskey gig calendar for APRIL 5TH...

Lest anyone here forgets, please refer to your copies of RECKLESS ROAD for said date in 1986, which will be of course exactly 30 years ago...

Surely that's the one!

THIS is actually interesting and true. Couldn't be a more perfect 1st show warm-up gig then to play back at the same legendary club 30 years later to the day and 3 days before the first big show...

Just now, Martin Riggs said:

THIS is actually interesting and true. Couldn't be a more perfect 1st show warm-up gig then to play back at the same legendary club 30 years later to the day and 3 days before the first big show...

That's almost too perfect for GNR

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Just come out with it...what's the guy gonna do?  Sue you or singeing?

You must be unaware of the resources of PLAYA DEL NACHO DOT WORDPRESS DOT COM. If she talks further the FBI will kick in her door faster than they did to Skwerl, the fella who leaked Chinese Democracy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IkaruFunk said:

Nah. There are worse rumours floating around :lol:

I know... it's just I REALLY believed in this. I'll feel so foolish and naive if it's not solid.

I gotta say tho... Not having a date is what makes me believe my info is legit. When I asked if it was gonna be on April 1st, the guy just said "they didn't give a date". If they said it'd be on April 1st I'd already be disappointed.
I can't really explain all the details. I still believe but I was a bit thrown back by this. If this goes totally south I'll come out with the source and stuff but then again - it's what the guy from the website told me. And I believed.

Edited by emybdc

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I know... it's just I REALLY believed in this. I'll feel so foolish and naive if it's not solid.

I gotta say tho... Not having a date is what makes me believe my info is legit. When I asked if it was gonna be on April 1st, the guy just said "they didn't give a date". If they said it'd be on April 1st I'd already be disappointed.
I can't really explain all the details. I still believe but I was a bit thrown back by this. If this goes totally south I'll come out with the source and stuff but then again - it's what the guy from the website told me. And I believed.

Lol I really want to believe you. And I sort of do just for your commitment, cause I really think you believe it to. But boy, it kind of screams of someone that just discovered the internet. This has happened many times in the past, and its just so easy to say something on the internet.

18 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Right but the option was there to say nothing at all ya know?  They chose to engage so for me I believe them as they responded when they could have said zip

What you gotta realise is that they can only say no. They aren't stupid, they KNOW if they say "no comment" that it means yes, cause if GNR werent playing they'd just say straight up no, too.

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

What you gotta realise is that they can only say no. They aren't stupid, they KNOW if they say "no comment" that it means yes, cause if GNR werent playing they'd just say straight up no, too.

Also, not to be a cynic, but what the fuck do they have to lose by lying through their teeth to you. I could just as easily work at the Whiskey and say "listen, I'm a huge Guns fan. I get this. Unfortunately, we've heard nothing about the real band coming to play so I hate to disappoint you". And maybe thats true, but thats also exactly what I'd say if they were coming. So one person never believes the box office at the Whiskey again?! Seriously, what do they have to lose by engaging you. Even though I don't think they're playing there lol.

8 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

You must be unaware of the resources of PLAYA DEL NACHO DOT WORDPRESS DOT COM. If she talks further the FBI will kick in her door faster than they did to Skwerl, the fella who leaked Chinese Democracy.

I love how much you love PLAYA DEL NACHO DOT WORDPRESS DOT COM.

• Like 1

Just now, Blake Sabbath said:

Hmm, well so much for April 5th then I guess too. They didn't have that date on their website is why I ran with that and it seemed perfect really..

Trolled hard by The Whiskey with their "big announcement" indeed...

Apparently they have this Ultimate Jam Night thing every Tuesday. Maybe thats why its not listed, but according to Facebook its literally every Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Also, not to be a cynic, but what the fuck do they have to lose by lying through their teeth to you. I could just as easily work at the Whiskey and say "listen, I'm a huge Guns fan. I get this. Unfortunately, we've heard nothing about the real band coming to play so I hate to disappoint you". And maybe thats true, but thats also exactly what I'd say if they were coming. So one person never believes the box office at the Whiskey again?! Seriously, what do they have to lose by engaging you. Even though I don't think they're playing there lol.

I don't know man. But you gotta remember even Slash  pulled the "No" to people asking if reunion is happening as late as November 2015

Edited by StrangerInThisTown