Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

7 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

Steven says things from an emotional perspective...he is not really thinking about what he is saying or believing in it ('if i'm not doing it, they're not doing it' etc.). I am willing to bet that Steven wants to be the full time drummer of GNR again. 

Don't really care what your "thought" is or what you want to bet on (no offense).  The fact of the matter is he said it.  He has repeatedly said it.  If he didn't mean it he wouldn't repeatedly say it in my opinion.  He has never recanted it or say anything to the contrary.  I don't try to get in people's heads or project onto them.  Everyone speaks from an emotional perspective, we are human beings.  

And the part about they aren't doing it is out of his control and downright silly.  That holds as much weight as you or I saying if Izzy or Steven aren't in then they aren't doing it (bc it's out of our control).

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Don't really care what your "thought" is or what you want to bet on (no offense).  The fact of the matter is he said it.  He has repeatedly said it.  If he didn't mean it he wouldn't repeatedly say it in my opinion.  He has never recanted it or say anything to the contrary.  I don't try to get in people's heads or project onto them.  Everyone speaks from an emotional perspective, we are human beings.  

And the part about they aren't doing it is out of his control and downright silly.  That holds as much weight as you or I saying if Izzy or Steven aren't in then they aren't doing it (bc it's out of our control).

Hmm. 

3 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

A guest spot would be a slap in the face to Steven. 

I'm sure Adler doesn't view it that way. Honestly, it's better than nothing. And frankly with the reputation he has, I'd prefer to see him do guest spots on the tour and prove that he can be reliable and sober. And if he does that make him full time in 2017.

• Like 1

On March 21, 2016 at 8:59 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Man that is a bummer.  I hope everything is ok with him. 

Off the record I did email Eddie trunk. I said if you don't wanna reveal anything fine, as fans were just concerned about Steven and wanna make sure this is positive and not negative. His response to me was along the lines of "Everything's fine. Sit tight and we'll see what happens" so, just using your response as an example for anyone else concerned but, it appears April 1 could be the day we've all been waiting for

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I'm sure Adler doesn't view it that way. Honestly, it's better than nothing. And frankly with the reputation he has, I'd prefer to see him do guest spots on the tour and prove that he can be reliable and sober. And if he does that make him full time in 2017.

This is what I think will happen too. Although as others have said, no idea what would happen when they play the CD and UYI sons, as I've heard him say many times he has no interest in playing those.

9 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Would John Bonham or Keith Moon (both alcoholics) want a guest spot in a Who or Zeppelin reunion? Yes, I feel that Adler is as integral to the sound of GNR as Bonham was to Zeppelin or Moon was to The Who. 

9 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

Would John Bonham or Keith Moon (both alcoholics) want a guest spot in a Who or Zeppelin reunion? Yes, I feel that Adler is as integral to the sound of GNR as Bonham was to Zeppelin or Moon was to The Who. 

For the record I completely agree with you on this.  My point is you're trying to think for Steven and only Steven knows what Steven thinks....and I go by what he has said or says.

But, I totally agree on the importance of Steven (and Izzy....and Axl and Slash and Duff) being integral to the GnR sound.

Edited by tsinindy

Don't forget Adler played a few UYI tracks live well before his departure...  Back off Bitch, Don't Cry, KOHD, Civil War...  (and also Hair of the Dog, Whole lotta Rosie)    Considering some of UYI still hasn't been played live, or rarely ever was,  I think he'd do alright...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sonofnazareth said:

They should just get Steven to play everything. 

This.   He's fully capable.   And any CD song played with Slash, Duff and Steven would sound much more like Guns n Roses than CD sounds.   It's too 'industrial'.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yesfan18 said:

Could it be Duff or someone else from the lineup? Doubt it but it's interesting to point out

image.png

Eddie has a lot of other things going on besides GnR stuff....I don't think it's productive to comment or post everytime he has an event that it could GnR related....maybe save it for when it's more likely the case.

Edited by tsinindy

18 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

This is what I think will happen too. Although as others have said, no idea what would happen when they play the CD and UYI sons, as I've heard him say many times he has no interest in playing those.

For those songs, use Frank. 

12 minutes ago, 77Jesters said:

Don't forget Adler played a few UYI tracks live well before his departure...  Back off Bitch, Don't Cry, KOHD, Civil War...  (and also Hair of the Dog, Whole lotta Rosie)    Considering some of UYI still hasn't been played live, or rarely ever was,  I think he'd do alright...

Plus there is the Mates rehearsal footage which includes Steven drumming on UYI songs. Plus others like You Could Be Mine which were around in the Appetite days. Shake away the rustiness and I'm sure he would be fine doing those songs.

On the subject of Adler and another drummer together, IIRC he said he wouldn't have an issue (this is in reference to questions of Matt and him together) so long as he started and finished the show. Can't remember where he said that, might have been around the time of the HoF.

27 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

I understand but those guys aren't even alive. So that's apples to oranges. The point here is Adler dragged his band down in 1990 by being to messed up to record. Then they dealt with lawsuits for years. Then duff toured with Adler and he shot straight for the bar, years after they all grew up and acted their age(Adler admitted to on Eddie trunk). And it took him until 2014 to get sober, which is awesome that it happened but yes it took longer. So while I don't disagree that Adler is important to this thing, and clearly the band would too since it appears he may be involved, my point is simple: he has more to prove. The others don't.

So here's what you do.. You put him in the guest role for as many shows as possible on this tour. As long as he stays sober and is a positive factor to the band, then when 2017 rolls around and it's time to celebrate the anniversary of appetite, you go "thank you for your loyal services mr ferrar, we'll call you if we need anything" and Adlers back. If not, you got a fallback option and sorum is still available. 

Everyone wins. The Ball is in adlers court.

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Check axls ass :headbang::lol:

poor Matt :'(

33 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Off the record I did email Eddie trunk. I said if you don't wanna reveal anything fine, as fans were just concerned about Steven and wanna make sure this is positive and not negative. His response to me was along the lines of "Everything's fine. Sit tight and we'll see what happens" so, just using your response as an example for anyone else concerned but, it appears April 1 could be the day we've all been waiting for

I'm happy if Steven is ok!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TKesseli said:

i cant see steven playing chinese demoracy's songs.

Thats funny, cause I don't believe anyone is asking for Chinese Democracy songs to be played. So that is a non-issue.

I'm late to the game and read through the thread a bit. I don't know what this is and it seems like others don't either. I pray it points to good things, which it looks like it does. I really DON'T like the idea of original Guns at the Whiskey then the touring lineup everywhere else. Don't offer something then offer something less for MUCH higher prices for the rest of the year. Also, if Steven is included, and Izzy has gone silent, I really do hope Matt is involved. Like now I'm just pissed Frank is there more, because Matt has been SO quiet about everything that either he's being so cool with being excluded or he's in, but there's no reason for 3 drummers.

Ugh, I hate all of this. Vegas can't come soon enough. I pray this is only a press conference at the Whiskey.

19 hours ago, emybdc said:

Except he can pick up the phone and talk to someone in the band anytime. None of us can do that.
If these cancellations by Steven were caused by health problems, I'm pretty sure Trunk would be aware and would not make those kind of comments on twitter. It's not his place to confirm anything since everything's been so quiet.

No doubt. 

I love how some posters on here hate Vicky and Eddy so much. They hate Vicky simply because Axl screwed her out of money.....I mean, they hate her because Axl doesn't like her. 

They continually claim that Vicky isn't part of the inner-circle and is just a nobody - yet she actually talks to Steven and Slash. 

They say Eddie has no more insight than we do. Yet he works in the business and can either directly call these guys or their managers. Can anybody on here do that?

Eddie seems like an arrogant prick who is way to into himself. And I don't care about Vicky. But it is hilarious how people on here hate and bash on them so much. Like they are angry that Vicky can call Steven and they can't. 

Its pretty well documented that Frank is in.

I agree with KK. The beta probably told Steven that if he could stay out of the media for a month then they would let him do some guest spots. 

The big question with all this though is WHY the need for surprises? One of the biggest semi-reunions of all time doesn't have to rely on tricks or gimmicks. Posters on here say the band doesn't need to do promotion because the shows are sold out. So the same theory should apply to keeping every thing top secret and not wanting to ruin surprises  

17 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Assuming that there is a private show for friends and family,I can already hear the bitching that no true fans got in. Just like in life it's all about who you know so there will probably be industry insiders there who wouldn't know Catcher from Coma and that sucks for the diehards who deserve to be there but that's how it goes sometimes. Since this is all a fantasy right now anyway,I just know a few ,hardcore GNR nerds would find their way in without having to pleasure Dan Duff to do so.

When is Rosario Dawson's birthday?

Are there any really rich people getting married in Hollywood on April 1st? Gnr could be playing the reception. 

12 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Well I found out nothing at all.  uggg  gonna keep pressing will try tomorrow

Did you offer to "pleasure" the dude answering the phone? Asking in person might get better results than promises over the phone. Just spitballing here. 

[Steven and Chinese]

If he only sits and _tunes_ the drums the way he normally does, then plays these simple beats, as they are, that's a huge progress. No replacement drummer imo ever captured the sheer sound of a drum (Sorum-worst, Frank-ok, Brain-very good).
Also there is certain connection in between him and Slash and that really shows, just listen to a very (rhythmically) simple "Baby Can't Drive". It has some pulsating element to it, reminiscent of AFD.