Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

Interesting. Seems pretty obvious after that tweet. What else could it possibly be? If it's gnr related and adler's band cancelled. There's nothing else it could be. Can't wait!! 

As for Izzy, didn't he say he's not involved in the Vegas shows? No mention of any others ;) 

3 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

They'll be professionally recorded never to be seen by any GNR fan unless you marry into the Lebeis family.

I'd be surprised if no one else films it.  I'm guessing we will at least get some clips at some point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babooshka said:

I remember that. The first 5 shows are the AfD line-up, then the touring band.

That would be the worst way to try to sell the tour. Get people all excited about the original five being back together, and then offer them the chance to pay out the ass to see Fortus and Ferrer.

Edited by bigpoop

34 minutes ago, yesfan18 said:

I doubt they are going to perform at the whiskey. They probably will have the announcement there kind of like what Sabbath did a few years ago

I think that's what they'll do, but I do think you'll get a few songs too

Izzy's sudden silence on Twitter came almost immediately after Del and Jarmo started following him on there. And I highly doubt either one of those things would've happened had there not been progress on Izzy's participation.

And I still refuse to believe Adler would have not thrown a shit fit of proportions we've never even imagined had he been entirely banned from the reunion. The Whiskey's tweet pretty much confirmed that GNR is playing a warm up gig. I can't imagine any other logical explanation.

I still also believe Izzy and Steven are only partially in, and that the Axl, Duff, Slash, Fortus, Frank, and Dizzy lineup is who we're gonna get on the regular. Perhaps the reason they haven't confirmed it was because they were still working out the kinks behind the scenes with Izzy and Steve, and they didn't wanna face backlash from people bitching in case people feel duped that they're not there at all, or that they're not there for all show every show. Which, unfortunately is probably the case. But there's no way they're not gonna be apart of this to at least a limited capacity. I'm sure of it. Like, put money in escrow against MSL sure of it :lol: 

• Like 4

My guess is an official announcement , no songs, no fans, just press and industry types.

Maybe a few photos will be released, I really can't see it as a warm up gig.

It will be good to know the tour plans and line up.

*hopes for original or classic lineup.??

I can't really see Izzy or Adler involved too much. Izzy doesn't like to tour much and I feel like Adler really wouldn't be able to handle a long tour. He's drug use over the years could wear someone down. Although I do think an annocememt at the Whisky is possible. Vegas is where the new line up is premiered. Mexico just a regular show testing out the new production in stadiums and coachella where Izzy and Adler will come out and join them. When the tour dates will come is a mystery. Could be this week,could be at the Whisky, before or after Vegas. Everything insane right now

You gotta love how each person has their own speculation of what is going to happen...this is exactly what GNR wants.  Very stressful for us fans lol... cant wait for vegas!!!!

Edited by Birk
  • Like 3

I would assume from a marketing standpoint, to announce the tour right before the shows, generate a ton of publicity, but allow sales before the shows just in case they aren't as great as expected.  That way, sell lots of tickets up front, guarantee an income for the rest of the tour, but leave a little protection just in case.  Personally, I don't have any concerns because they all are solid musicians as we have seen in their own right as of late, but I get it from a marketing standpoint.  Also, any details like Izzy and Steven can be finalized, polished, and ready for a press release.  Leave as much time as possible to make decisions.

1 hour ago, vloors said:

If they do let Steven back into the band for the entire tour it would work by using Adler for the appetite lies stuff and frank for use your illusions and Chinese.

The problem with this is you are either loading all the Appetite material into one part of the set, or you are doing drummer switches all night. Both of those situations are pretty awkward.

20 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

The problem with this is you are either loading all the Appetite material into one part of the set, or you are doing drummer switches all night. Both of those situations are pretty awkward.

I'm sure those of us in the audience will be just fine :)

1 hour ago, bigpoop said:

Just need two drum kits setup so once one song finishes the other drummer kicks in :)

Slipknot from what i remember operates fine using two drummers