Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Nah. Actually it would be a bit lame. First they announce Coachella. Everybody is scrambling to get tickets, then they announce Las Vegas as a warm up gig for Coachella. Everybody is scrambling to get tickets, then they announce a warm up gig for the warm up gig. Everybody is scrambling to get tickets, but none will get any. I kinda think that sucks.

Yea but none of us are important enough to be in GNR's private circle. If this show is for the people close to them then that's fine. Atleast we know Axl will get a sound check/ rehearsal in before the big shows if this turns out to be real. 

21 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Assuming that there is a private show for friends and family,I can already hear the bitching that no true fans got in. Just like in life it's all about who you know so there will probably be industry insiders there who wouldn't know Catcher from Coma and that sucks for the diehards who deserve to be there but that's how it goes sometimes. Since this is all a fantasy right now anyway,I just know a few ,hardcore GNR nerds would find their way in without having to pleasure Dan Duff to do so.

I would pretty much pleasure anyone to get in a gig like that ahaha.  

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Yea but none of us are important enough to be in GNR's private circle. If this show is for the people close to them then that's fine. Atleast we know Axl will get a sound check/ rehearsal in before the big shows if this turns out to be real. 

Well, if it's private then they should just keep it private and not announce it. And why are hangers-on more important than us? We keep them in their jobs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, if it's private then they should just keep it private and not announce it. And why are hangers-on more important than us? We keep them in their jobs.

Just the way of the world and the music industry. it would be a big press event and we would see some awesome footage

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I don't think it'd be beggars and hangers-on,more like friends/family along with important industry people and of course,celebrities.  It'd be nice if a portion of the tickets for this hypothetical gig were set aside for fans/the GNR fanclub as well.

I expect it won't be a full concert. More likely a press conference and a few songs, a la Motley Crue's reunion in in the mid-2000s. Vegas will be the first full public show.

Holy crap, this is gonna get fuckin good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

This would just suck. I want vegas to be the first place i can see them - as promised!

I can understand this 100%

It would be sort of poetic though, if it's a full reunion and they're playing one of their early clubs as the first one.

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

If you are important enough to the band to be there then you have likely played some kind of role in getting them where they are. It's a nice gesture to do your sound check in front of those people as a way to give back. 

The fans will likely see a full tour and have every opportunity to see this lineup. However they want to do it is their thing. I have a hard time being mad at the band for scheduling a show at a small LA club, I think it's a great way to start this run.

but nothing has been confirmed so let's see what the details are first. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I don't think it'd be beggars and hangers-on,more like friends/family along with important industry people and of course,celebrities.  It'd be nice if a portion of the tickets for this hypothetical gig were set aside for fans/the GNR fanclub as well.

Well. To friends and family it's even less important. They see them all the time. And fuck celebrities, they can get the expensive tickets for free in Las Vegas.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

If you are important enough to the band to be there then you have likely played some kind of role in getting them where they are. It's a nice gesture to do your sound check in front of those people as a way to give back. 

The fans will likely see a full tour and have every opportunity to see this lineup. However they want to do it is their thing. I have a hard time being mad at the band for scheduling a show at a small LA club, I think it's a great way to start this run.

but nothing has been confirmed so let's see what the details are first. 

I have no problem with "important" people hanging out at their rehearsal place. I just would have a problem if this "rehearsal/warm up" show, for which no tickets would be available, would be announced as this big event.

4 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

I could see this also being a tour announcement gig. Play a few songs with full press coverage and announce the tour which then sells like crazy

Surely the press includes this Forum,right? The Mods and Admins along with one randomly drawn Supporter (how's that for a PERK!)can have a WWE Royal Rumble style match with the winner getting the lone spot reserved for MYGNRFORUM.

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 2

Just now, James Bond said:

If all five are truly involved it makes you wonder why they didn't just announce the line-up already. Maybe the initial rumours from around December or so that there'd be "AFD gigs" and a "touring line-up" are true.

Izzy getting on Twitter and then going silent makes me think there have been recent developments

• Like 1

Just now, James Bond said:

If all five are truly involved it makes you wonder why they didn't just announce the line-up already. Maybe the initial rumours from around December or so that there'd be "AFD gigs" and a "touring line-up" are true.

I remember that. The first 5 shows are the AfD line-up, then the touring band.

Plus you'd want the big news to coincide with a major tour announcement?

1 minute ago, Babooshka said:

I remember that. The first 5 shows are the AfD line-up, then the touring band.

That's not gonna help a tour sell though, or make the first 5 shows seem very authentic?

I think its going to be a free event, first people to RSVP or something. Maybe Night Train members will get priority?  I don't think it will be a full show, just a tour announcement, press conference + maybe a few songs . 

If that is the case, I'm sure it will be a mad house over there, good thing i work 2 miles away from Whisky :) 

• Like 1

Well, I wasn't sure earlier but after Whisky mentioned G N' R by name, there is obviously something going on now.

One of two things comes to mind....the first, some sort of G N' R event at the Whisky....the second, would be Adler rejoining G N' R for the reunion..........possibly both?