Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

1 hour ago, sonofnazareth said:

Would John Bonham or Keith Moon (both alcoholics) want a guest spot in a Who or Zeppelin reunion? Yes, I feel that Adler is as integral to the sound of GNR as Bonham was to Zeppelin or Moon was to The Who. 

You just named two guys who were never fired. I don't disagree with you necessarily, but Steve is more akin to Dave Mustaine being asked to play a few early Metallica songs with the band than two guys whose deaths totally derailed their respective bands.

7 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Did you offer to "pleasure" the dude answering the phone? Asking in person might get better results than promises over the phone. Just spitballing here. 

And when you're done, I want you to say "Oh, what a lovely tea party."

34 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Hey guys. I've got some interesting information for you.

A few days ago I've posted on social media updates thread that a brazilian music website (https://playadelnacho.wordpress.com/) claimed Axl was in Atlanta checking out the stage for the tour that was being set up at a hangar at the airport.

The man behind the site contacted me today because he saw the interview I did for another site, to see if I wanted to make a report about the gig, the trip, etc. I said I would totally do it and we started talking until we got to the Adler/The Whisky gig subject. This is what I am allowed to say: a source in the band's inner circle confirmed there is going to be a pocket show with an acoustic set on the Whisky. They wanna do it there because of the importance of the bar to the band's history. He didn't give a date, so it may not be on April 1st. Steven will probably be at the first gigs but nothing confirmed after that.

This guy is 100% legit and we can trust him. If Whisky's announcement goes according to this guy's info they are totally right to say it's a BIG one.

Anything about Izzy?

39 minutes ago, emybdc said:

A few days ago I've posted on social media updates thread that a brazilian music website (https://playadelnacho.wordpress.com/) claimed Axl was in Atlanta checking out the stage for the tour that was being set up at a hangar at the airport.

The man behind the site contacted me today because he saw the interview I did for another site, to see if I wanted to make a report about the gig, the trip, etc. I said I would totally do it and we started talking until we got to the Adler/The Whisky gig subject. This is what I am allowed to say: a source in the band's inner circle confirmed there is going to be a pocket show with an acoustic set on the Whisky. They wanna do it there because of the importance of the bar to the band's history. He didn't give a date, so it may not be on April 1st. Steven will probably be at the first gigs but nothing confirmed after that.

This guy is 100% legit and we can trust him. If Whisky's announcement goes according to this guy's info they are totally right to say it's a BIG one.

Acoustic show would be badass!

6 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Is it looking like during the 7 days before the 1st and the 8th? Or is it looking like within the next week before April 1st?

I'm thinking some time between April 1st and the 8th. But I don't really know. What I've heard is they'll announce it a couple days before the gig.

• Like 1

Just now, Subtle Signs said:

I have no idea about playadelnacho. Is this a reliable site that often breaks news? 

The whole thing seems absurd. Some random brazilian or whatever website has this info and its being told to the girl that just joined like a month ago? And thats NOTHING against her. I appreciate her for answering and passing along info, and she's been really nice the whole time since she joined. But obviously the situation sounds silly when you put it into words. Are we really just running with anything here these days? Why would Guns tell ANYONE about this? Especially if its a small invite only thing. 

6 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

The whole thing seems absurd. Some random brazilian or whatever website has this info and its being told to the girl that just joined like a month ago? And thats NOTHING against her. I appreciate her for answering and passing along info, and she's been really nice the whole time since she joined. But obviously the situation sounds silly when you put it into words. Are we really just running with anything here these days? Why would Guns tell ANYONE about this? Especially if its a small invite only thing. 

If nothing else I like the name,playadelnacho.wordpress.com . Rolling Stone can't get the scoop but maybe these dudes messaged Beta on WhatsApp and got the info from her. Eventually somebody is bound to be right about a rumor so maybe it'll be these guys.

Edited by Subtle Signs

10 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I have no idea about playadelnacho. Is this a reliable site that often breaks news? 

Not really. It's not a big news website. What I can tell you tho is that this guy is 100% legit. 

7 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I knew you guys would have a hard time buying this and I would too if I hadn't heard what I have. It sucks I can't you tell everything I've been told but I could not just sit tight and not pass this info along. I was dying to get some information just like everyone else here and honestly it came to me, I didn't even ask for it. I agree it sounds absurd. But hey, we have been talking about this Whisky gig here and almost everyone thought it was gonna happen and Steven would be a part of it. I have absolutely no reason to stir shit up cause we're all on the same boat.

Edited by emybdc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Not really. It's not a big news website. What I can tell you tho is that this guy is 100% legit. 

I knew you guys would have a hard time buying this and I would too if I hadn't heard what I have. It sucks I can't you tell everything I've been told but I could not just sit tight and not pass this info along. I was dying to get some information just like everyone else here and honestly it came to me, I didn't even ask for it. I agree it sounds absurd. But hey, we have been talking about this Whisky gig here and almost everyone thought it was gonna happen and Steven would be a part of it. I have absolutely no reason to stir shit up cause we're all on the same boat.

For the record, I'm happier believing your info as opposed to a radio guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who told him Axl will front AC/DC lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emybdc said:

Cool!!! Thanks for the info. The only thing is if they will do an acoustic, Adler being there doesn't make much sense. Unless there is more than just a few acoustic songs being played.

I know a little work of this Brazilian and website he commands. I do not believe 100% of the information it publishes, but of course I could be wrong about it. I do not know if I believe he has some kind of contact with Beta or Fernando, he never has an exclusive information related to Guns N' Roses since I follow your site.

6 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Oh yeah, and once again it is absolutely NOTHING personal against you. Like I've said, you've been nothing but really cool and kind since joining, and for what its worth I don't think you're outright lying. I could question how you know this guy is 100% legit, but I haven't really kept up with it that much so I might have missed that. Just letting you know, its nothing against you. Its just more that its hard to trust anyone so obviously this would seem suspect. But nonetheless, I appreciate you passing it along.

All that aside thought, I agree with @RussTCB . I would sooner believe you than a radio guy with six degrees of separation to Axl.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

11 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

This. Again. I get messages every week from people allegedly "in the know" and this gig I've heard before. Literally nothing I've been told has happened. It would be sweet and honestly I think if they're going to do it just do it April 1. Like motley and sabbath with the press conference and an acoustic gig of sorts. Whatever. But again, I'll believe it when there's an announcement because there's just too much crap going around

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, emybdc said:

You could PM it to me...then I'll go create another account and say....word on the street is...

:)

• Like 1