Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

it was probably planned for months. the adler cross was the first hint. and they probably choose april 1st cause every info on that date could be a joke as well...

lets hope izzy is in, too.

Edited by maxpax

Teamrock reporting it now too http://teamrock.com/news/2016-03-22/guns-roses-steven-adler-big-announcement-reunion-rumour

1 minute ago, Stress Fracture said:

Why would that image in the tweet lead anyone to think Steven is back in GNR? It literally says 'No Adler'

Ha. That did cross my mind too. They're literally drawing a line through him. I'd love him to be involved, so let's hope for the positive connotations for now, though!

21 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Stevens been way too quiet, he lets the world know when Slash spurns his advances for a coffee or lunch so i think we'd have heard by now if they'd completely shut the door on him for the reunion.

I think that seems to be the sensible opinion. I hope you're right, it would be great to see him involved - if only for a guest spot (though I'd be hoping for something more)

Yeah. You're probably right. However, if he was offered that or nothing....... I mean, we don't know. All clues seem to point to Frank being involved, whether or not that means Frank's the main guy with ANY guests remains to be seen

2 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

A guest spot would be a slap in the face to Steven. 

Not really. He's always said he would be cool with another drummer.

47 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

Why would that image in the tweet lead anyone to think Steven is back in GNR? It literally says 'No Adler' (or 'Adlerbusters').

That's not how I see it. I interpreted it as no Adler gig, which appears has turned into something bigger since they used #gunsnroses 

8 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Not really. He's always said he would be cool with another drummer.

That's not how I see it. I interpreted it as no Adler gig, which appears has turned into something bigger since they used #gunsnroses 

Well, Steven speaks from a very emotional perspective..I doubt he'd be truly happy..he is an original and the best drummer GNR have ever had. 

Slash is not doing a guest spot...neither is Duff. I don't know how and when certain band members came to be seen as better than others and deserve more respect from a monetary and musical perspective. The original 5 made GNR great...take one person out and the whole thing doesn't sound like GNR anymore. 

Edited by sonofnazareth

3 minutes ago, TKesseli said:

A small gig with steven and izzy and a full tour with fortus and ferrer seems like the best way. i cant see steven playing chinese demoracy's songs.

Yeah, that sounds most plausible to me, too. I never thought Steven and Izzy would be part of a full tour (they are both so unreliable, and Axl doesn't seem to be very fond of Steven :D  Additionally, I still suspect Axl will insist on CD songs being played).

I also have to say I am really happy for Steven if he gets his lifetime dream of playing with the 4 other guys again, even if it is just as a rare guest spot or one gig (which I hope). It would be too cruel and pointless to not give him this opportunity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

Why would that image in the tweet lead anyone to think Steven is back in GNR? It literally says 'No Adler' (or 'Adlerbusters').

Yeah. That was my first thought too... but they hashtagged GNR. And it really only means, that there is no Adler Show.

1 hour ago, sonofnazareth said:

A guest spot would be a slap in the face to Steven. 

No it wouldn't...he himself has said he only wants to play the songs he originally drummed on.  By choice he wants to be a guest.  Unless you have a band with two drummers, but still.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, starlight said:

There would be no point in cancelling Adler gig and replacing it with a supposed GNR announcement both things seem related to each other imo

What do you mean there would be no point?
If this is the case, as I think it is, you'd expect the bar to keep up the Adler gig but then on April 1st GnR shows up instead? 

1 minute ago, IkaruFunk said:

Frank is definitely the main drummer, but the idea with two drum kits is rather interesting. This way they could easily switch between Frank (UYI/CD) and Steven (AFD/Lies) through the whole show.

Except Frank butchers the UYI songs.   Is it too late to bring Matt in?   Frank can do the CD somg(s).

• Like 1

Just now, emybdc said:

What do you mean there would be no point?
If this is the case, as I think it is, you'd expect the bar to keep up the Adler gig but then on April 1st GnR shows up instead? 

I mean some people think Adler is out because of the cross on his skull but I believe the two things are connected since his show has been cancelled and replaced with something related to GNR. I don't know if it made any sense lol

57 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

No it wouldn't...he himself has said he only wants to play the songs he originally drummed on.  By choice he wants to be a guest.  Unless you have a band with two drummers, but still.

Steven says things from an emotional perspective...he is not really thinking about what he is saying or believing in it ('if i'm not doing it, they're not doing it' etc.). I am willing to bet that Steven wants to be the full time drummer of GNR again. 

2 minutes ago, starlight said:

I mean some people think Adler is out because of the cross on his skull but I believe the two things are connected since his show has been cancelled and replaced with something related to GNR. I don't know if it made any sense lol

Oh righ, I got it now. I agree with you, it'd make no sense for them to announce something related to GnR if Adler was not in.