Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

Here's where I stand: I would have a really hard timing believing this if we didn't know about Adler's cancellation and Whisky's announcement. I know how things work with this band and if I thought this was bullshit like we've heard a thousand times before, I wouldn't even brought it up. I believe the information I was given. I'm totally aware this thing might not unfold like I expect it to, and then I will look like a fool. I wouldn't want that. I'm saying this here cause I believe it, and if it's bullshit I'll be more disappointed than anyone else.

Btw, the guy asked me to do a piece on my experience on the gig and my trip to LA/Vegas. It'd be amazing to talk to some of you there and maybe take some pics.

• Like 3

Just now, Subtle Signs said:

PLAYA DEL NACHO is the new DISH NATION (nobody believed them either and they had the scoop on the reunion in November ) 

Thank you Playa Del Nacho by take care of us. This  Wordpress site is better than the old one. We now belive even more.

I die everytime someone says "thank you by take care of us". Funniest shit ever.

The right thing to do would be to give Steven and Izzy a chance to get up there, given that they (Izzy) wants to do it.  I had my doubts about Adler being given a chance, but this looks like he just might get it.  Now don't F it up Popcorn!

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I die everytime someone says "thank you by take care of us". Funniest shit ever.

Someone needs to post the tranny banner pic and photoshop it to say Playadelnacho. That dude should definitely be at the first shows or at least at the ASHBA store grand opening in Vegas.

First off I believe @emybdc 100%

now whether she got told stories or not who knows.

But isn't it kinda crazy that literally no one could get any information on GnR and all of a sudden this Brazilian guy has access...some radio dude in Atlanta has access...and the whisky has access...and Eddie Money and Izzy have gone silent.  WTF!  lol

Obvioiusky the ATL stories don't jive so I guess we'll find out sooner or later who really got the goods :)

7 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

First off I believe @emybdc 100%

now whether she got told stories or not who knows.

But isn't it kinda crazy that literally no one could get any information on GnR and all of a sudden this Brazilian guy has access...some radio dude in Atlanta has access...and the whisky has access...and Eddie Money and Izzy have gone silent.  WTF!  lol

Obvioiusky the ATL stories don't jive so I guess we'll find out sooner or later who really got the goods :)

I agree actually. What I know is this guy is a long time fan, he's lived in LA and he knows a lot of people.

Edited by emybdc

2 minutes ago, DIST said:

Acoustic? Ugh...I mean it's OK in the middle of the set but come on! Guns first performance in 20 years has to be full blast distortion! 

No harm done if they break out an acoustic performance of Patience and You're Crazy.  But their set should open with WTTJ and Axl screaming Do you know where the F you are!?!?!?!?!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

No harm done if they break out an acoustic performance of Patience and You're Crazy.  But their set should open with WTTJ and Axl screaming Do you know where the F you are!?!?!?!?!

The last time he played Jungle acoustic every Guns N Roses fan almost killed themselves. Please, let's not ever attempt that again.

Just now, gunsfanoldie said:

The last time he played Jungle acoustic every Guns N Roses fan almost killed themselves. Please, let's not ever attempt that again.

I meant that the show should start with WTTJ.  I can see how that might have been misread.  Electric version of WTTJ to start the show is what I meant.

@emybdc thanks for sharing. Guess we'll just have to wait and see! From my POV although an acoustic set at the Whisky would be amazing, I'd feel bad for all the fans trekking half way across the world to Vegas to see the "first" reunion gig.... Especially if Adler and / or Izzy is there and then they DON'T join for the Vegas shows. Bit of a kick in the nuts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

@emybdc thanks for sharing. Guess we'll just have to wait and see! From my POV although an acoustic set at the Whisky would be amazing, I'd feel bad for all the fans trekking half way across the world to Vegas to see the "first" reunion gig.... Especially if Adler and / or Izzy is there and then they DON'T join for the Vegas shows. Bit of a kick in the nuts.

As someone traveling from Indiana to Vegas specifically to see the first show, I have said this all along and I'll say it now...I have no problems with them doing a small club gig or two (especially if it's accoustic) in front of the Vegas show.

now if it's a fully plugged in show available to the general public, that's a bit of an issue as the Vegas shows were advertised as such.  If they are private or fan club members only etc, then ok

The big kicker is if Adler and Izzy appeared at a warm up private club show, then DIDN'T appear in Vegas, it would really be crushing. I know nothing was promised to the Vegas people in terms of them, but to take away the absolute first show or appearance in general AND to actually appear or play with those guys then not have them also in Vegas would be a lot to handle.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

The big kicker is if Adler and Izzy appeared at a warm up private club show, then DIDN'T appear in Vegas, it would really be crushing. I know nothing was promised to the Vegas people in terms of them, but to take away the absolute first show or appearance in general AND to actually appear or play with those guys then not have them also in Vegas would be a lot to handle.

I agree, but that wouldn't make sense in a long term and plan.  The value of a tour would go down if Steven and Izzy were around and then they weren't.  Only exception I could see is if they both came and gave their explicit blessing to this proceeding without them and that it was their choice not to be involved going forward, but at least wanted to do a show and "may" show up here and there,

someone should send izzy a twitter message with an info that he should come to la on april 1st ;) lets see if they don't let him in. lets invite gilby and matt as well. or let us organize a flash mob wit fans and al former band members like bucket, tobias, finck, freese, etc...

Edited by maxpax

22 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I agree, but that wouldn't make sense in a long term and plan.  The value of a tour would go down if Steven and Izzy were around and then they weren't.  Only exception I could see is if they both came and gave their explicit blessing to this proceeding without them and that it was their choice not to be involved going forward, but at least wanted to do a show and "may" show up here and there,

True. So I guess if anything that only works out to our advantage now. They hold something public without Izzy and Steven where the inevitable question comes up and they just go "you'll have to wait and see". Or Izzy and Steven are there, which means they'd most likely stay on for at least everything thats currently announced, cause as you say it makes no sense to include them, then not especially when you're trying to sell a tour. Or they explicitly give a blessing, which I guess I would accept. It wouldn't be my choice, but I guess its the most respectful way to not have them there. Although based off Izzy's twitter, I doubt that would be the case. He may not be involved, but I doubt he would give his "blessing" based off him saying he wants to dispel the rumors.

6 hours ago, Apollo said:

Did you offer to "pleasure" the dude answering the phone? Asking in person might get better results than promises over the phone. Just spitballing here. 

Ahahah your awesome.  So far my quest is unfulfilled.

Well....the Whisky's Twitter just announced a show for HOLLYWOOD ROSES on April 1st. Is the joke gonna be that it's not Hollywood Roses the cover band but GNR instead? Hmmm. Tickets are $20...

Edited by born2boogie