Changes to official website - (UPDATE - website now run by Ticketmaster)

I'm having the same issue as others.  I received the email stating that the new temp PW was created. Somehow my username got changed to my email address so I can't change my PW.  When I go into user profiles it has my email as my user name and it has my old username as my MB display name.  I am not able to update my username from that page - it's hard coded and no edit button. 

I saw a few posts up that people were changing their usernames - where are you doing that?  I did send them an email - but my gut tells me it'll be a day before they fix it.

-illusionone

Nightrain member benefits go beyond presales - get year round access to exclusive web content, receive your exclusive member gift and more.

It would be awesome if one of these "member benefits" is streaming tonight's show!  

3 minutes ago, KeeKat said:

Nightrain member benefits go beyond presales - get year round access to exclusive web content, receive your exclusive member gift and more.

It would be awesome if one of these "member benefits" is streaming tonight's show!  

I think we'll get that kind of thing in the future, but considering they aren't even allowing phones in the venue I doubt they'll stream tonight's show! :(

Just now, EvilAsh2015 said:

I heard the password for the presale will be coming out tomorrow morning, but my question is where do you purchase the tickets at with the presale code?

Last times with nightrain pre-sales you just go to gunsnroses.com and click on the Tour-tab. There you can select your date and click eighter nightrain pre-sales or VIP packages. It then directs you automatically to the right page on the Ticketmaster-webpage.

1 minute ago, Ender04 said:

Last times with nightrain pre-sales you just go to gunsnroses.com and click on the Tour-tab. There you can select your date and click eighter nightrain pre-sales or VIP packages. It then directs you automatically to the right page on the Ticketmaster-webpage.

Awesome!  Thanks bud!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Has their header image on iTunes been updated or am I mistaken?

They're using a version of the old logo with a rose gold / sepia tint which looks great and I don't remember seeing this before.

The new logo on the website is trash. Fuckin' millennials. 

tAlQlc39.jpg

Coming from someone who is in college for this right now...(media)

The logo on the website is actually better

That image you posted looks like someone threw an Instagram filter on it and called it a day 

Edited by PsychoKiss344

2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

You can not like the color grading, that's fine, but the new one on the website has amateurish beveling and emboss, cartoonish over-saturation in yellow levels, and loses the detail and grit on most of the image from the conversion from painting to vector.

It's one of those things barely anyone untrained will notice but one I think looks like garbage.

This. The current one on the website is pretty awful - the pinched perspective of the text-on-a-curve alone is embarrassing; like cringe-worthy bad.

It's as if they don't have a "brand manager," or at least one who's on the ball, what with several different versions of the bullet logo in use, along with the old "GnFnR's" and new "GnFnR" both in play at the same time.

(Or... yeah, it's rock n' roll and they just don't give a shit, but it's really not that hard to keep your forward-facing presence consistent. It seems especially lazy given how well the billboard/advertising blitz at the start of the tour seemed to go, overall.)

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Are you guys picking apart a logo with subtitle texture difference that much?!

would you wear a shirt with the newest logo? wearing baby guns and fake gold bullet?

5 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Coming from someone who is in college for this right now...(media)

The logo on the website is actually better

That image you posted looks like someone threw an Instagram filter on it and called it a day 

cringy

2 hours ago, Blackjacker said:

This. The current one on the website is pretty awful - the pinched perspective of the text-on-a-curve alone is embarrassing; like cringe-worthy bad.

It's as if they don't have a "brand manager," or at least one who's on the ball, what with several different versions of the bullet logo in use, along with the old "GnFnR's" and new "GnFnR" both in play at the same time.

(Or... yeah, it's rock n' roll and they just don't give a shit, but it's really not that hard to keep your forward-facing presence consistent. It seems especially lazy given how well the billboard/advertising blitz at the start of the tour seemed to go, overall.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't #GnFnR reserved exclusively for the hashtag and GnFnRs the traditional abbreviation?

EDIT: Just found it now used on new 2016 merch but with an exclamation mark at the end and no hashtag! :-?

http://gunsnroses.shop.bravadousa.com/product/BGCMGR30/gn-fn-r-zip-hoodie?cp=1158_81455

Oh yeah and they're using the old school bullet logo! :-D

Edited by Blake Sabbath

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

I was more interested if, when, and why GN'R's iTunes was updated.

But the devil is in the details and anyone who is passionate about a given topic is going to pick it apart, yes. 

I believe iTunes updated in late December, right around the time the website updated with the classic logo.

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Anyone get their Nightrain shirt yet?

If you bought in April when tickets went on sale it said that items wouldn't ship until June. If you bought in January before they changed it up you should have probably got it already so I'd look into it. Otherwise, sit tight.