Academic Article on GNR's Coma in British Journal of Psychiatry

Cool. I was actually just wondering the other day if those 2 doctors put that song on their CV haha. I work in the admin side of healthcare and know some doctors who I talk music with. One told me he's friends with a doctor in Las Vegas and in the early 90s while on tour, Axl called a Las Vegas ER and asked for a doctor to come to the show in case something happened to his throat. He told me he paid him $15,000 and didn't do anything but sit backstage.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sprite said:

Cool. I was actually just wondering the other day if those 2 doctors put that song on their CV haha. I work in the admin side of healthcare and know some doctors who I talk music with. One told me he's friends with a doctor in Las Vegas and in the early 90s while on tour, Axl called a Las Vegas ER and asked for a doctor to come to the show in case something happened to his throat. He told me he paid him $15,000 and didn't do anything but sit backstage.

That to me illustrates Axl's approach to Guns N' Roses well. He's a professional to a fault, where it are him alive on several occasions, when the stress would cause him to act unprofessionally (eg late showings, clashes with other members). 

CD was Axl's vision and the band was there to support his project. 

On 3/25/2016 at 4:39 PM, Gracii Guns said:

That to me illustrates Axl's approach to Guns N' Roses well. He's a professional to a fault, where it are him alive on several occasions, when the stress would cause him to act unprofessionally (eg late showings, clashes with other members). 

CD was Axl's vision and the band was there to support his project. 

Axl is a professional to a fault? Ummmmm. NO. He is NOT. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EvH said:

Thanks for posting.

Quite short and not very in depth for an academic article, though.

The thread title is a bit misleading. It's actually a short observation/letter rather than a full academic article. The take home for psychiatrists would be 'here's this song which structurally

mirrors the stages of this experience, and the song writers went through something similar'. The article would only be in the journal to very briefly catch and entertain the psychiatrist's attention.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, that little epistel has not been peer-reviewed. I have no idea why it was included in the journal in the first place.

yup

Thw whole article is basically describing the song with words

Nothing else 

There's zero scientific/academic thing in this "article"

Edited by Strange Broue