04/19/16 - Mexico City - Foro Sol

downzy

11 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Yeah I think I'm remembering the 2006 Download thing with Better, but I must have read somewhere about the 2010 Ireland incident. Got them mixed up a bit, lol.

There was indeed a Dublin gig in 2010 where Axl came back and sang nighttrain standing still being pissed because someone threw stuff up the stage I think... 

Edited by pik

44 minutes ago, CardinalGunner said:

Loving the This I Love solo... wasn't too impressed with it in Vegas, but I think Slash has it down now.

It still sounds very improvised. Its good, but it has no real structure. Just a melting pot of slash emotions. Which is not bad, but not as perfect as his classic solos.

4 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Damn, they beat the Rolling Stones performance in March at the same stadium (average of 58,784 for two nights). After how great the band's performance was last night, I bet they put another 65,000 in there tonight. Very positive Word of Mouth should be spreading around Mexico City today.

aahn1Zn.png

http://www.billboard.com/biz/current-boxscore

It seems that even reunited Guns N' Roses cannot beat the mighty Coldplay...(or Stones for that matter).. Don't get  me wrong.. I would have loved to have seen Guns outnumber Coldplay but here it seems impossible... 3 sold out shows against 2 of Guns!!! I still am amazed how even the reunion of GnR couldn't beat this.. I guess that just shows the magnitude of Coldplay!! Props to them... Foro Sol - 67,451

http://investors.livenationentertainment.com/news-center/news-center-details/2016/Coldplays-A-Head-Full-of-Dreams-Tour-Sets-Attendance-Record-in-Mexico-City/default.aspx

9 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

It seems that even reunited Guns N' Roses cannot beat the mighty Coldplay...(or Stones for that matter).. Don't get  me wrong.. I would have loved to have seen Guns outnumber Coldplay but here it seems impossible... 3 sold out shows against 2 of Guns!!! I still am amazed how even the reunion of GnR couldn't beat this.. I guess that just shows the magnitude of Coldplay!! Props to them... Foro Sol - 67,451

http://investors.livenationentertainment.com/news-center/news-center-details/2016/Coldplays-A-Head-Full-of-Dreams-Tour-Sets-Attendance-Record-in-Mexico-City/default.aspx

Coldplay. Geez. :lol:

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

Hey...credit where it's due...;)

Just noticed Coldplay is on vacation until late May after that third Mexico City show a few days ago. GN'R has to play Saturday in California. Even if they felt they could sell it out again I'm not sure they would want to due to the Coachella schedule.

14 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Remember that they have to get back for the 2nd coachella show, here in the us gnr is playing twices the shows coldplay is playing.

2 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

Remember that they have to get back for the 2nd coachella show, here in the us gnr is playing twices the shows coldplay is playing.

Twice the shows on stadiums... GnR 20 to Coldplay 10.. but all together Coldplay has 22 North American dates...so it's more for Coldplay..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Head_Full_of_Dreams_Tour

2 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

yeah i missed those..

I dont think the will match coldplay number in england, but they will surpass them almost everywhere else, i dont think the US arena dates ( maybe next leg of the tour) will be less than 30 shows 

Wow! Looking good!!

It feels like they still have a little handbrake on, but they are getting it. If Axl's voice is rocking, nothing can stop this.

One thing. I think Dj did that TIL solo better, but Slash will nail that that soon..

When Europe? ;)

Edited by Axeli

24 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Twice the shows on stadiums... GnR 20 to Coldplay 10.. but all together Coldplay has 22 North American dates...so it's more for Coldplay..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Head_Full_of_Dreams_Tour

Why do you keep bringing up Coldplay in these threads? We get it, you're a huge fan, you can post about them in Anything Goes. Irrelevant to GnR.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

I dont think the will match coldplay number in england, but they will surpass them almost everywhere else, i dont think the US arena dates ( maybe next leg of the tour) will be less than 30 shows 

I will go fucking crazy if next leg of tour isn't Europe, i hate you greedy americans.