04/19/16 - Mexico City - Foro Sol

downzy

7 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

It's the first Godfather video I really enjoyed since the reunion started. Great tone.

I was thinking he would have a pretty good night when the Estranged soundcheck on Periscope had the right tone going for it. And sure enough he kicked ass on everything in the main show.

15 minutes ago, comaknight said:

Dang, he sounds surprisingly great.  I've been saying he needs to stand still for years.  

There was that one gig in 2006 where he got pissed off at people in the crowd and ended up just standing there at the mic singing. Fucking knocked the vocals out of the park. Can't remember which song but I think the gig was in Ireland maybe.

6 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

I have no problems with copying pic url from that page (https ://twitter.com/SlashFrance/status/722842806029451264?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) just right click. Then if I want larger picture, add ":large" to end.

CggNsr-W4AAMOOa.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CggNsr-W4AAMOOa.jpg:large

Edited by hypird

3 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Standing still has nothing to do with it. He didn't stand still in 2010. 

If someone held a gun to Axl's head he would be able to perform every song with rasp no problem.He just chooses not to. He seems to be slowly introducing the rasp into the songs.

Standing still does help a singer breathe better. It's why the comparisons between Axl and Myles are bullshit. Myles stands there like a statue while Axl is usually running around. And even then Myles still butchers certain stuff because he goes nasal on stuff. He's gotten a lot better than he used to be though, I will give him credit in that regard.

16 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

There was that one gig in 2006 where he got pissed off at people in the crowd and ended up just standing there at the mic singing. Fucking knocked the vocals out of the park. Can't remember which song but I think the gig was in Ireland maybe.

It was download festival. Song - Better. 

19 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

It was in 2010 in dublin, ireland.

22 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

It was at the Download festival.  The song was Better, and yes, he was on fire!